Pirates Online Rewritten Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnny, could you please not re-add the LSOEP code? In POTCO I worked really hard to loot that sword and in the end they just basically gave out free ones. So could you pleas not re-add the elpatron code?

Johnny, could you please not re-add the LSOEP code? In POTCO I worked really hard to loot that sword and in the end they just basically gave out free ones. So could you pleas not re-add the elpatron code?

Of course. We're probably also not going to add the Heart of Padres, Norrington's Spyglass and Barbossa's Fury at first and release them later on as parts of quests.

@Charles Warmonk, @TheGleamings, @jzfredskins, @Johnny da Pirate

When it is expected for the "official" another remake website to be up and running to the point to where it will be used solely for anything associated with another remake (as opposed to another remake utilizing a specialized Wiki, the website, and now it's own forums)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Questions:

1. How many multiple pirates can we have? 4?
2. Can we name our pirate(s) whatever names - within reasons, appropriately - we'd like, instead of limited to preset names? Or do we need Game Moderator's approval? The same question holds true in naming guilds and ships.
3. Could we transfer our old Potco pirates over to this newly-built game? (Just kidding ... but I'd really like to know the answer ;) )
4. Could we have pets? Would be greatly appreciate it. I'd like to have a dog; I missed my chance to have mine the last month before Potco was closed.

I'd appreciate the answers.

1. The number of pirates you will be able to create will be the same as it was in POTCO. (4)
  2. Yes, you will be able to submit your own pirate names, as well as choose from a pre-approved list. They will be reviewed by a moderator. We will be following Disney's own Naming Policy. The same for Guild names, but not for Ships. I have good news though, expanding the list of pre-approved names is something on our to-do list. (After the release of the game)
  3. Legally, Disney can't give us anything. So unfortunately all players will have to start over.
  4. At first, no (With the exception of Summon Chicken). The old pet potions were rushed through development. We will probably do some work on them before releasing it as an update later on.
@Charles Warmonk, @TheGleamings, @jzfredskins, @Johnny da Pirate

When it is expected for the "official" another remake website to be up and running to the point to where it will be used solely for anything associated with another remake (as opposed to another remake utilizing a specialized Wiki, the website, and now it's own forums)?

We created the forums because we are moving away from the Wiki. Within the next few weeks, the Wiki will no longer be used at all. The forums we created is meant to replace the Wiki. We want an organized place to get feedback from the community, and share and discuss ideas with the players.

Sam Dreadrage and I are working really hard to get the website up and running. If you would like to view a V0.1 of the website, I can pm you a link.

We created the forums because we are moving away from the Wiki. Within the next few weeks, the Wiki will no longer be used at all. The forums we created is meant to replace the Wiki. We want an organized place to get feedback from the community, and share and discuss ideas with the players.
- SIGH - I understand this line of thinking but, is this not what POTCO's (established forums) are already for? :confused: Look, I think everyone is beginning to lose sight over the big picture of everything. In essence, this is just another way of saying that as a community of gaming players, some of us are losing sight of our roots!

"Aye," POTCO has nearly been closed for about 7 months now.:mad: Even still, this does not deter from the fact that the POTCO community is still alive and well within many of the already established forums communities. Do both another remake and POTHS not realize this?

Me hearties, I have no problem whatsoever with another remake and POTHS wanting to increase their player-base by catering to the needs of the audience which does support them. But does this mean that such effort must be done at other (past POTCO) forums' expense? :confused: Is the pursuit of progression so great that yet another forums needs to be made (especially now with several forums wanting to overcome the challenge to reinvent themselves since Sept. 19th)?

*However you dice it, the longer both another remake and POTHS insist on relying upon a forums of their own to reach out to their current/future audience (when an official 'website' could very well achieve the same goal) the greater the odds are that other (established) forums will struggle to keep pace.

My friend, this is not prudent in so far as strengthening the community overall. ~ Some focus is becoming lost for the purpose and goal of progression!

:2 cents:

Awesome! :D btw the game im currently playing to wait out the time till this comes out has a trading system maybe you should see theres to get ideas

- SIGH - I understand this line of thinking but, is this not what POTCO's (established forums) are already for? :confused: Look, I think everyone is beginning to lose sight over the big picture of everything. In essence, this is just another way of saying that as a community of gaming players, some of us are losing sight of our roots!

"Aye," POTCO has nearly been closed for about 7 months now.:mad: Even still, this does not deter from the fact that the POTCO community is still alive and well within many of the already established forums communities. Do both another remake and POTHS not realize this?

Me hearties, I have no problem whatsoever with another remake and POTHS wanting to increase their player-base by catering to the needs of the audience which does support them. But does this mean that such effort must be done at other (past POTCO) forums' expense? :confused: Is the pursuit of progression so great that yet another forums needs to be made (especially now with several forums wanting to overcome the challenge to reinvent themselves since Sept. 19th)?

*However you dice it, the longer both another remake and POTHS insist on relying upon a forums of their own to reach out to their current/future audience (when an official 'website' could very well achieve the same goal) the greater the odds are that other (established) forums will struggle to keep pace.

My friend, this is not prudent in so far as strengthening the community overall. ~ Some focus is becoming lost for the purpose and goal of progression!

:2 cents:
We will still be using this forums to gather feedback and give announcements. Even some exclusive ones occasionally. We just didn't think it was fair to "free load" on the forums and leave Davy and the Staff here to deal with the "unproductive users" who will inevitably come.

I fully understand the feeling to want to make an "official" another remake forum and being the helmsmen of the Pirates Online resurrection, you guys have the right to do as you please. I will say that I don't think any future Pirates Rewritten information shared over the this forum would be looked at as "unfair" to the users. We were all brought here for Pirates of the Caribbean Online in one way or another, were we not? Aside for a slight title change, it is pretty much the same game, which attracts the same community. I totally get having a new forum to go with the "new" game, but I honestly think it would be easier and more beneficial to just to stay here where you already have a large, supporting community very eager to see you guys pull this thing off!

I am happy for anyone to use the forums, so long as they good they do outweighs the harm.

I am keeping an eye on the project, but I have tried to remain neutral thus far. In complete honesty, I have had several questions and concerns through the lifetime of the project, some of which a bit off-putting, but I don't wish to judge it too early so I've just tried to be patient and see what comes of it.

As @Blade1 says, you guys have the right to do as you please with your project, and I respect that.. but it's no burden to me if you want to offload community management to these forums. Get in touch if you want, I'd be willing to create a category specifically for another remake.. but there are some strings attached.

Last edited:
*Warning, music may in video may have explicit lyrics*
As a reminder, IF you are not for sure as to the decency of the lyrics please refrain from posting as this would put your post at risk at being removed (according to this forums established rules and terms).

Here's a question for another remake that I have asked publicly on here before but to date, have not yet receive an answer:
  • Has any sort of "follow-up" been achieved by another remake to where the following message below was verified as to it's authenticity (or was the message just accepted, without such verification)?
Pirates Online Rewritten.png

Here's a question for another remake that I have asked publicly on here before but to date, have not yet receive an answer:
  • Has any sort of "follow-up" been achieved by another remake to where the following message below was verified as to it's authenticity (or was the message just accepted, without such verification)?
The message was just accepted without ANY verification. To my knowledge, no further inquiry was made.

The message was just accepted without ANY verification. To my knowledge, no further inquiry was made.
You mates are going to hate me for saying this but...don't you think that it would be crucial for someone from another remake to verify this message again with Disney to assure that what this "Randy" had said is currently legit? (Since the time that another remake had first received this message, a considerable amount of changes have affected Disney Interactive to where a significant amount of employees have been laid off).

I would hate to think that another remake would have wasted their time (in addition to a 'hope' lost again amongst the ex-POTCO player community) to where repercussion would be the end result on account of a decision ultimately made again by Disney.

*I think with the way that everything for another remake is hanging upon this single, email message...it would make perfect sense (and serve to another remake's advantage) to do everything within another remake's power to re-verify this claim as soon as possible by someone currently employed by Disney.

For what it is worth, I have tried to test that same email address shown within the pic (
MemberServices@disneyinteractive.com) to see if it still works and a few days ago, I had received a notification within my inbox that the message was not received appropriately according to the address used. :confused:

You mates are going to hate me for saying this but...don't you think that it would be crucial for someone from another remake to verify this message again with Disney to assure that what this "Randy" had said is currently legit? (Since the time that another remake had first received this message, a considerable amount of changes have affected Disney Interactive to where a significant amount of employees have been laid off).

I would hate to think that another remake would have wasted their time (in addition to a 'hope' lost again amongst the ex-POTCO player community) to where repercussion would be the end result on account of a decision ultimately made again by Disney.

*I think with the way that everything for another remake is hanging upon this single, email message...it would make perfect sense (and serve to another remake's advantage) to do everything within another remake's power to re-verify this claim as soon as possible by someone currently employed by Disney.

For what it is worth, I have tried to test that same email address shown within the pic (
MemberServices@disneyinteractive.com) to see if it still works and a few days ago, I had received a notification within my inbox that the message was not received appropriately according to the address used. :confused:
Being we're non-profit, it really doesn't matter.

Being we're non-profit, it really doesn't matter.
lol. :confused: It does matter if you mates complete the development of another remake, go live, have a considerable amount of the ex-POTCO community join to play the game and then all of the sudden...Disney discovers what took place and possibly disagrees with it (creating much headache for another remake and threatens to cut to pieces again the 'hope' of the entire ex-POTCO community - again)!

Wouldn't you want to make sure of this before another remake goes live?

lol. :confused: It does matter if you mates complete the development of another remake, go live, have a considerable amount of the ex-POTCO community join to play the game and then all of the sudden...Disney discovers what took place and possibly disagrees with it (creating much headache for another remake and threatens to cut to pieces again the 'hope' of the entire ex-POTCO community - again)!

Wouldn't you want to make sure of this before another remake goes live?
There's multiple Club Penguin private servers out there, Disney isn't taking them down. Anyways, i'm pretty sure it's somewhere under the "Fair Use" law where we can do pretty much anything with the game as long as it's non-profit, which it is. If you want to check up on the laws you can do that, but we're fine.

There's multiple Club Penguin private servers out there, Disney isn't taking them down. Anyways, i'm pretty sure it's somewhere under the "Fair Use" law where we can do pretty much anything with the game as long as it's non-profit, which it is. If you want to check up on the laws you can do that, but we're fine.
Perhaps I am assuming too much but here's the thing; Club Penguin is still an ongoing game and as such, Disney views CP as a "major" asset anyway to DIMG to where just about anything and everything related to that game under the Sun will likely receive the green light (or at least, receive a turn-of-the head towards the opposite direction).

If you review again my initial question, it touches upon an underlying tone and I think now this needs to be addressed openly rather than just implied: Does the welfare of the ex-POTCO community even matter to another remake? Has the focus always been placed upon the development of the emulator itself, regardless of any consequences which may or may not result towards the ex-POTCO community? :confused:

I don't mean to sound anti-another remake at all but if you are mature enough to reflect upon the answer to this question, you might begin to understand why I am so concerned about the email message another remake had received (a long time ago, btw) by a representative from Disney.

Perhaps I am assuming too much but here's the thing; Club Penguin is still an ongoing game and as such, Disney views CP as a "major" asset anyway to DIMG to where just about anything and everything related to that game under the Sun will likely receive the green light (or at least, receive a turn-of-the head towards the opposite direction).

If you review again my initial question, it touches upon an underlying tone and I think now this needs to be actually spoken by myself, rather than just implied: Does the welfare of the ex-POTCO community even matter to another remake? Has the focus always been placed upon the development of the emulator itself, regardless of any consequences which may or may not result towards the ex-POTCO community? :confused:

I don't mean to sound anti-another remake at all but if you are mature enough to reflect upon the answer to this question, you might begin to understand why I am so concerned about the email message another remake had received (a long time ago, btw) by a representative from Disney.
Personally, i'm not going to answer your question because I don't want to say anything I would regret. If you loved POTCO then you'll try and play another remake when it comes out, weather it works out or not. But as far as I see it, we already retrieved permission from Disney and we're using extreme caution throughout the game's entire development not to breach any copyright laws.

@jzfredskins would be a better person to answer your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back