Pirates Online Rewritten

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has any other questions about the donation system, or would like to understand why it is needed, I will speak with you more on a personal level if you decide to message me here. However, I will not be sharing my personal reasons to the public.
Much like the another remake website, I get the fact that money can be tight for people now and again. However, without providing further explanation publicly (other than stating that the forums needs assistance at this time), makes me begin to slowly resent the fact that I must take the initiative as a another remake supporter to continually pm someone for my questions to become answered. For what it is worth, this strategy has been encouraged by another remake developers/representatives in the past and I am not entirely certain as to the reason as to "why?"

If something cannot be discussed PUBLICLY, what point is it for such projects like another remake to supposedly take on the initiative to cater to the needs of the community anyway? :confused: I would have thought that each of us would have learned from the Disney experience on how we don't like to be treated ('customer-service' wise).

Apparently, Pirates Online Rewritten is asking for donations for their "forums". Yet, are not using any of it for the game's development. I posted my reply on their forums.
(That's the BIGGEST loophole...)

Link to discussion/post: http://pirates-online-rewritten-forums.com/threads/donation-system-update.1276/

I STRONGLY advice people do NOT to donate to this.

"Apparently, Pirates Online Rewritten is asking for donations"

First off, get your facts right. another remake is NOT asking for donations. the FORUMS are asking for donations, do not get these two confused with each other. ALSO, even IF the another remake forums would give another remake some of the money, that would be taking in profit which is HIGHLY against our policy.

The donation system is strictly for the forums. Think about the possibilities... more spectacular add-ons that cost MONEY. Each user who donates gets more benefits also, such as a purple name and and more inbox space.

Another thing I want to highlight. The forums are not in this to make money off of their donators/users. They're not pocketing any "profit". The raised money is going ONLY to forums upgrades/maintenance. The forums cost a lot of money to run each month.

_________

A quote from Kate Goldwalker on Pirates-Online-Rewritten-Forums.com

0c4b9c8d559efe34229ad89e8edcdc24.png

0bf40add5be000c167bf6d4bf8f2b116.png

4548ea9cc057514e1012778388f2a305.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back