Pirates Online Rewritten

Status
Not open for further replies.
:iagree: I was thinking the same thing. Would help to provide the money for servers and whatever else would be necessary in the long run.

I'm really encouraged to be reading this! I'm very excited and hope that this project will be completed. Honestly, I'd take a piece of POTCO over losing the whole thing.

Please keep us up to date!!

Some companies out there hot websites and servers for little to no fees because you allow ads on your site. Maybe having an ad section like POTCO did in 2007 would work out. Obviously ad-free gameplay would be ideal, but you guys aren't making money off of this, perhaps ads should be the way to go.
A very good suggestion, I'll be sure to pass it along. We would have to contact Disney just make sure though. They said we couldn't make a "profit" they didn't say we couldn't collect "revenue" to pay for the expenses, but we don't want to risk the project over the assumption of a synonym. :)

Well, it doesn't have to be you getting the profit. Many companies host sites like that, in which they get all the ad revenue and you pay nothing to them, or anybody.

I will create a new game called Pirates Online using same graphic engine Panda3d as in potco this project will cost around 200,000 dollars yes I did put copyright sign on the name plz notice this will be a replica of potco same items same things bigger better enemies same island same things this might take 6 years to be exact there will be less lags! and 1 more svs island!!!

I will create a new game called Pirates Online using same graphic engine Panda3d as in potco this project will cost around 200,000 dollars yes I did put copyright sign on the name plz notice this will be a replica of potco same items same things bigger better enemies same island same things this might take 6 years to be exact there will be less lags! and 1 more svs island!!!

6 years?, good lord nobody wants to wait that long
Was wondering if those players either associated or affiliated with the "Pirates Online Rewritten" (formerly 'Pirates of Legend') could post information here concerning this project.

Unless I am mistaken, the POTCO community in general (whom do not frequent the Wiki regularly) have received little knowledge/notification about this project. Avast! At the expense of sounding cliché, "inquiry minds would like to know." :)

I understand that recent changes affecting "Rewritten" have influenced project leaders to decide to revert towards the implementation of the Panda3d engine which, has me wondering as an outsider if the same kind of bugs and/or glitches players did face within POTCO will affect this gaming project as well. Also, I am left to ponder what project updates could we receive - as ex-POTCO players - to where we would want to take an interest towards "Rewritten."

If you - as a forums member - are associated with this project (or 'know' someone that is), I encourage you to openly share with the community what you may know concerning "Rewritten" so the community may familiarize themselves better with the project which would help everyone out within the long-run.
Thank Ye, me hearties ~ :arrrrr:

shouldnt this be moved to other games?

Last edited by a moderator:
shouldnt this be moved to other games?
I had thought about that before the thread was written but since "Rewritten" is not technically considered an actual game yet (as in the case of 'POTHS' as well) I think it's fine to leave the thread within this category. Besides, the main POTHS thread is within the General Discussion category as well. :)

I'm looking forward to updates for this. Please keep us posted.Anything new guys? I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for any bit of info. I mean even the tiniest piece of something from what you guys are working on is like work millions to me. LOL! I keep remembering things from the good ole days and missing it more. Its torture, the memories are.

I'm looking forward to updates for this. Please keep us posted.Anything new guys? I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for any bit of info. I mean even the tiniest piece of something from what you guys are working on is like work millions to me. LOL! I keep remembering things from the good ole days and missing it more. Its torture, the memories are.
Well, TheGleamings and XJumper post Daily Alpha Updates and Savvy Saturday Updates on the Pirates Online Wikia, you are welcome to view them there. More information can be found on the wikia we are using to develop the game, but I'm not going to post the link due to the forum rules.

Here are a couple of those updates:

Animated Emotes
Panda_029.png

Raven's Cove
Panda_025.png

Well, TheGleamings and XJumper post Daily Alpha Updates and Savvy Saturday Updates on the Pirates Online Wikia, you are welcome to view them there. More information can be found on the wikia we are using to develop the game, but I'm not going to post the link due to the forum rules.

Animated Emotes
Panda_029.png

Raven's Cove
Panda_025.png

I wanna know hows the combat system like? Including how do the ships look like? :drink: I love to see art!!! :skullpeak:

I, and I know many others who have been critiquing many of these reviving projects for a while (petitions, rewritten, etc.), are curious as to how many coders who are rather very and extensively knowledgeable in code to be able to code anything after all the puzzles pieces are in place. How many are there that know how to install the gears to get it going? How long will this take?

I just thought of something, wouldn't hacking still be an issue?

I don't think it would be that much of a problem anyway at the start, considering most of us would be very happy to relive our beloved pirates lifes.

In the long run though, you would have to eventually fix it. Also, would it be possible for there to be old bodies?

I certainly do not want to respond to this question "on-behalf" of those working on the Pirates Rewritten (another remake) project as I am not associated with the project (or any 'other' for that matter). However, the answer to this question will be disclosed in time here on this forums as I am currently writing a piece devoted to not only another remake but POTHS as well.

Information disclosed within the writing will inform everyone "officially" concerning not only this topic you mention above but also, various others as well for each game. :)

I, and I know many others who have been critiquing many of these reviving projects for a while (petitions, rewritten, etc.), are curious as to how many coders who are rather very and extensively knowledgeable in code to be able to code anything after all the puzzles pieces are in place. How many are there that know how to install the gears to get it going? How long will this take?

I can say with confidence that we have at least two people who know there way around the Panda3D engine, with others learning as we go. We are also receiving some minor help from the team at ToonTown Rewritten. (ToonTown and POTCO were very similar)

I don't think it would be that much of a problem anyway at the start, considering most of us would be very happy to relive our beloved pirates lifes.

In the long run though, you would have to eventually fix it.
We will be taking steps to prevent this issue.

Also, would it be possible for there to be old bodies?
Its to early to tell, but it is on our list.

Animated Emotes
Panda_029.png

Raven's Cove
Panda_025.png

i support another remake and POTHS but ill tell ya one thing another remake rewritten will bring back memories that we can relive POTHS will bring new memories. im very excited about both projects.
It's hard to say for sure. We're hoping to have an Alpha Version out by next summer, but we aren't ready to make any promises.

this summer you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back