Pirates Online Rewritten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys asked POTCO if you guys can get there twitter facebook and youtube back for you guys some of those sites might not be deleted
  1. They can't give them to us, even if they had them.
  2. They are in fact deleted and gone. If they still exist anywhere, they are probably locked in a Disney Archive somewhere.
  3. They would be of little use to us. All the (little) information that was there is recorded on the Pirates Online Wikia in some way shape or form. The wiki has been an invaluable resource with reconstructing Pirates Online.

An individual responsible for various aspects of another remake's development (not a 'main' another remake developer) has recently announced the below, not more than a week ago:
...Right now we are mainly looking for advanced python developer that could help us with the game. If you are an advanced python developer, please contact me on my wall...

Does this mean that another remake will accept anyone with advanced, such skill? (The above statement was officially 'approved' by TheGleamings and I have read someplace before where X Jumper officially declares that another remake is not a project utilized by hacker/modders, as it is suggested that some people incorrectly feel that it is).
*I apologize :oops: for the above question but if another remake is willing to accept just about anyone, wouldn't this conflict with both another remake and X Jumper's statement that has already been declared before?

An individual responsible for various aspects of another remake's development (not a 'main' another remake developer) has recently announced the below, not more than a week ago:

Does this mean that another remake will accept anyone with advanced, such skill? (The above statement was officially 'approved' by TheGleamings and I have read someplace before where X Jumper officially declares that another remake is not a project utilized by hacker/modders, as it is suggested that some people incorrectly feel that it is).
*I apologize :oops: for the above question but if another remake is willing to accept just about anyone, wouldn't this conflict with both another remake and X Jumper's statement that has already been declared before?

Of course it will, but then again, there has to be some sort of measure that will not let the person misuse information or other coding however/whatever its called. Also there are persons, very few, that do know about Python and aren't hackers, but I highly doubt such person can be found.

Of course it will, but then again, there has to be some sort of measure that will not let the person misuse information or other coding however/whatever its called. Also there are persons, very few, that do know about Python and aren't hackers, but I highly doubt such person can be found.

What is important to me (and from at least 'half' of those whom had participated to this thread), the issue at-hand has more to do with the principle of the matter, and not just an individual's (computing) skill.

*If I had the money to go out and buy every gamer (whom understands the inner-workings of 'python') a lobster and steak :crab: dinner I would but this does not mean that every person I take along with me "deserves" to be feed in such a way!

- I hope that makes sense to everyone.

Sorry, that was a misconception. We are only inviting professional coders (we have 1 at the moment) who have no hacking history. Sorry for the misconception, we'd never allow hackers in our crew.

Stay on topic everyone. Lets not turn this thread into a 'hacker' discussion. :)
And even if it was, the point to be made is that such a "discussion" should be handled absolutely with the utmost integrity to where the person bringing up the discussion is not seeking out a response from forums members to where the throwing of dagger knives :daggermouth: needs to be the direct result (as apparent above) from debate made on either side of the issue!

*IF this indeed what has happened, then I do apologize to this forums community and another remake for perhaps facilitating the issue yesterday in a way which has invoked any sort of angst/drama between forums members whom have visited this thread which just happens to be devoted to another remake.

For what it is worth, there was a legitimate point to be made concerning a (recent) need for myself to bring up such discussion to this thread and in addition, I have sought another remake's permission before-hand with the hope of achieving something more valuable than the need for others to give in to unruly drama; enlightenment! :sun:

QUESTION: What expectations (if any) will another remake team members have to meet to retain the GM status once the game goes live? Will the expectations of those involved with either the Alpha or Beta versions of another remake be any different for those whom seek the GM status on live?

Please elaborate somewhat on another remake's own policy as to who will be chosen (from the another remake development team) to represent the authority of another remake via GM, leadership status. :) Thank Ye ~

Last edited by a moderator:
And even if it was, the point to be made is that such a "discussion" should be handled absolutely with the utmost integrity to where the person bringing up the discussion is not seeking out a response from forums members to where the throwing of dagger knives :daggermouth: needs to be the direct result (as apparent above) from debate made on either side of the issue!

*IF this indeed what has happened, then I do apologize to this forums community and another remake for perhaps facilitating the issue yesterday in a way which has invoked any sort of angst/drama between forums members whom have visited this thread which just happens to be devoted to another remake.

For what it is worth, there was a legitimate point to be made concerning a (recent) need for myself to bring up such discussion to this thread and in addition, I have sought another remake's permission before-hand with the hope of achieving something more valuable than the need for others to give in to unruly drama; enlightenment! :sun:

QUESTION: What expectations (if any) will another remake team members have to meet to retain the GM status once the game goes live? Will the expectations of those involved with either the Alpha or Beta versions of another remake be any different for those whom seek the GM status on live?

Please elaborate somewhat on another remake's own policy as to who will be chosen (from the another remake development team) to represent the authority of another remake via GM, leadership status. :) Thank Ye ~

Hi Shamus! Like Joshua, I am an Administrator and Developer for another remake. As far as I know, all of our staff, from developers to costumer service will receive GM status.

Hi Shamus! Like Joshua, I am an Administrator and Developer for another remake. As far as I know, all of our staff, from developers to costumer service will receive GM status.

I'm not going to lie or sugarcoat this, but if everyone gets GM status. That's awful. I really hope that's not the case. There's tons of flaws to that system then.

Not trying to be rude, just saying, as a future player of another remake, I really hope only certain leaders get GM status.

Keep in mind the differnt # of GMs that DIMG had for their team, you will see that then all of our dev staff being GMs is not unreasonable. Especially now that we have downsized considerably recently. There may be further discussion as to the exact # later on.

However, and this is my opinion only, there will be times that members of the another remake team will not be able to participate in an event, so not all of us will be there. Also, events will be scripted as they were with DIMG devs according to the story and characters, and then dived up among the servers. These will then limit the # of GMs that will be on at a time during an event

We are determined to make sure that the another remake experience will be as good as POTCO in many ways as well as better than POTCO in others. The player WILL come first for us. Therefore we are wanting future Host GM Events to be centered around the player expierence.
This question may have been asked but I need to know. Will there be trading system in the game?

We will not be using a trading system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back