Pirates Remain Resolute - February 18, 2011

Misty Moonlight

Site Founder
dot.gif

Pirates Remain Resolute
February 18, 2011
divider_line.gif

The Crew at Pirates Online would like to begin this letter by thanking all Pirates who have stood their ground in the face of what has been a very trying week for everyone. We understand the horizon contains many adventures and yet you choose to sail with us and for that we will always be appreciative.
These challenges arose from improving our game servers to provide guests with faster and better hardware. Rollbacks and service interruptions are things we have little tolerance for on our LIVE servers. We test as much as we can to provide the best show possible but on occasion a storm of great magnitude strikes. Some of the hardest decisions need to be made during trying times.
Our systems were once again troubled on February 16, 2011 and once again we had to make tough choices. Resetting progress was necessary. We believe to have a handle on the situation and will continue to monitoring gameplay and data that comes in as thousands of Pirates log in by the hour.
Resolution:
For Unlimited Access Members, whether it is a recurring subscription, gift subscription or Game Card, we will be extending your access. An additional 14 days of time has already been added to your account. We understand this does not compensate the time you've spent customizing and looting. (More on that in a bit.)
Additionally, Basic and Unlimited Members, should redeem the code: golden
Click here, for instructions on how to redeem codes.
Consider this a small disbursement prior to our upcoming Double Gold Weekend which will coincide with our Mardi Gras celebration:
Double Gold Weekend
March 12 and 13, 2011

We hope with this early holiday announcement Pirates can find the time to replenish their gold coffers back to their rightful amounts in a fraction of the time.
In the meantime, all Pirates (both Basic and Unlimited), can redeem the following code: darkcutlass
darkfire_cutlass.jpg

This 'Rare' Cutlass has a Cursed Fire ability that lights the blade with a mystic flame and deals additional fire damage to the enemy. Although it may not replace what you lost, it does give you a strong and rare weapon to help get your Pirate back into the fight and on the battlefield to plunder for loot! This limited edition item was retired but we are bringing it back in this unique occasion.
We hope this helps answer some questions. If you have any other items you'd like answered, please submit a comment below. Our ADMIN GM CAYMEN TRENCH will be active in posting responses for any frequently asked questions.
Fair winds,
GM Caymen Trench

Yah the thing that sucks is that the darkfire is for basic and ultimet but basic can't use it lol anyways disney did do a good job of rebeming themselfs.

I never thought I would say this but.

WAY TO GO DISNEY!!!!!!!
pirate.wink.gif
woot.gif
lol1.gif

Francis Gunshot

An additional 14 days. Did they reset it another week? If so I will drive over there and force them to fix it nonstop till it's permanetly fixed.

Well, i think the did a wonderful job. They explained the problem that occurred, free gold/sword and now gave 14 extra days to unlimited. And to all who blamed, cursed, and disrespected them up to now,- "These challenges arose from improving our game servers to provide guests with faster and better hardware." so give them some credit and stop being so selfish thinking only how you were effected. Get it in your head that it's just a game and not your life...

Well, i think the did a wonderful job. They explained the problem that occurred, free gold/sword and now gave 14 extra days to unlimited. And to all who blamed, cursed, and disrespected them up to now,- "These challenges arose from improving our game servers to provide guests with faster and better hardware." so give them some credit and stop being so selfish thinking only how you were effected. Get it in your head that it's just a game and not your life...
ok, I am not one that blamed, cursed, or disrespected. Improving game servers by making pirates play with each other?? All I have is lag. There is no faster and better hardware. And I am on a brand new computer, so it isn't me. Yes, it is a game, but, I want more servers. By them taking away servers, or oceans, it means less rep technically.

But, I am still a pirate. I didn't abandon the game and go to another. I stuck by them, as upset as they have made me.

parrot.gif

ok, I am not one that blamed, cursed, or disrespected. Improving game servers by making pirates play with each other?? All I have is lag. There is no faster and better hardware. And I am on a brand new computer, so it isn't me. Yes, it is a game, but, I want more servers. By them taking away servers, or oceans, it means less rep technically.

But, I am still a pirate. I didn't abandon the game and go to another. I stuck by them, as upset as they have made me.

:parrot:
Well i can understand some frustration or being upset as yeah they stole something from me but i seen a few taking it to the extreme by trashing Disney with words.

I haven't played yet but it just seemed like they meant that some type of upgrade was added to reduce lag? IDK... And i'm not against it that they removed some servers however they did over do it by removing to many.

PS: Cheating and Lag is the worst thing in a game in my opinion

I love how they said they were trying to make the game faster this goes right along with the island changes to reduce lag if they had changed the way the game was made in the first place they wouldnt need to do thia but congrats to disney who has fixed the problem and congrats to this team of dev who are actualy trying do to something with this game now

Ok well they half listened, im content. I wish the redeem code was for a better weapon though. I mean a 22 attack really?
I think they used that weapon so it applies to basics as well
EDIT (Feb 18, 2011 at 7:22 PM):
They opened test as well

What ever the problem is/was....Disney is trying so hard to fix it. I think it is fair to give us 14 extra days of unlimited, we will get back what we lost....we can do this and not cry about it any more! Cheers Mateys!

dot.gif

Pirates Remain Resolute
February 18, 2011
divider_line.gif

The Crew at Pirates Online would like to begin this letter by thanking all Pirates who have stood their ground in the face of what has been a very trying week for everyone. We understand the horizon contains many adventures and yet you choose to sail with us and for that we will always be appreciative.
These challenges arose from improving our game servers to provide guests with faster and better hardware. Rollbacks and service interruptions are things we have little tolerance for on our LIVE servers. We test as much as we can to provide the best show possible but on occasion a storm of great magnitude strikes. Some of the hardest decisions need to be made during trying times.
Our systems were once again troubled on February 16, 2011 and once again we had to make tough choices. Resetting progress was necessary. We believe to have a handle on the situation and will continue to monitoring gameplay and data that comes in as thousands of Pirates log in by the hour.
Resolution:
For Unlimited Access Members, whether it is a recurring subscription, gift subscription or Game Card, we will be extending your access. An additional 14 days of time has already been added to your account. We understand this does not compensate the time you've spent customizing and looting. (More on that in a bit.)
Additionally, Basic and Unlimited Members, should redeem the code: golden
Click here, for instructions on how to redeem codes.
Consider this a small disbursement prior to our upcoming Double Gold Weekend which will coincide with our Mardi Gras celebration:
Double Gold Weekend
March 12 and 13, 2011
We hope with this early holiday announcement Pirates can find the time to replenish their gold coffers back to their rightful amounts in a fraction of the time.
In the meantime, all Pirates (both Basic and Unlimited), can redeem the following code: darkcutlass
darkfire_cutlass.jpg

This 'Rare' Cutlass has a Cursed Fire ability that lights the blade with a mystic flame and deals additional fire damage to the enemy. Although it may not replace what you lost, it does give you a strong and rare weapon to help get your Pirate back into the fight and on the battlefield to plunder for loot! This limited edition item was retired but we are bringing it back in this unique occasion.
We hope this helps answer some questions. If you have any other items you'd like answered, please submit a comment below. Our ADMIN GM CAYMEN TRENCH will be active in posting responses for any frequently asked questions.
Fair winds,
GM Caymen Trench
Can we type the codes golden and darkcutlass now?

I REALLY THINK DISNEY SHOULD HAVE A BETTER QUALITY GAME SYSTEM SO THESE THINGS DON'T HAPPEN! I MEAN I LOST PROGRESS THE FIRST TIME AND THEN THE SECOND TIME AGAIN!!!

Back