Pirates To Become Infamous! February 03, 2011

Misty Moonlight

Site Founder
Pirates to Become Infamous!
February 03, 2011
divider_line.gif

Pirates have many wish lists and requests but a few are always constant - Pirates want more challenge, adventure, customization and reward! Check out what the following Pirates have been saying:
Robert says, "How come there are no events or contests that are PvP related? It's been about 3 years since the game was launched, they never gave PvP any real attention ..."
Other pirates have gone on to say: "Can't you feel that they are going to do something major to PvP?"
Leo proclaims, "... I play this game because of PvP or Privateering..."
There's no getting past these Pirates who hold PvP and Privateering so close to their hearts. In honor of all Pirates who like to prove their worth battling in the player vs. player realm, we would like to formally introduce:
PvP Infamy Rewards
Infamy_Rank_Up%21.JPG

Badge_Display.JPG
Infamy will be two new and seperate experience tracks that will be earned with every victory you achieve in PvP and Privateering.
This experience will earn you special badges and rewards when you meet certain achievement levels. The rewards will allow you to customize your Pirate's name tag with Infamy Badges which you can proudly display for everyone to see. Show everybody that you are well on your way to becoming a War Master (PvP) or Admiral (Privateering)!
In addition to the badges and ranks, Pirates will also be able to use their Infamy to purchase unique items from new Pirates who have washed up on Pierre le Porc and Garcia de la Avaricia's islands.
PvP_Merchant.JPG

In addition to all these new features, there are many concerns that will be addressed regarding PvP and Pirvateering. Long gone will be spawn kills, kill steals and cannon/weapon exploits. Please be patient as we prepare this release for Test. We will keep you fully informed here on www.PiratesOnline.com when Infamy is ready to be tested and released. Keep checking the Current News for more details.
Prepare to duel, Pirates!
Badge_GUI.JPG

I think I will need some tutors in the ways of PVP! Sign me up for any class available as I can't start to soon(gonna need all the experience I can get)!

Pirates to Become Infamous!
Leo proclaims, "... I play this game because of PvP or Privateering..."
There's no getting past these Pirates who hold PvP and Privateering so close to their hearts. In honor of all Pirates who like to prove their worth battling in the player vs. player realm, we would like to formally introduce:
PvP Infamy Rewards
Infamy_Rank_Up%21.JPG
Hey I proclaim about SvS
pirate.smile.gif
WOOT finally something for SvSers and PvPers and hopefully everything succeeds with the infamy and bug fixes and makes it on live.

i wonder if the system gives so much infamy per kill like rep or if it gives the same every time or if u get so much for how u kill them.... hmmm but im glad spawn kills and kill stealing will be fixed in pvp

The way i was told on how this work is that you get one point for kill or sink unlike leveling. Now if you kill the same pirate or a a lower level over and over to many times, you will start to notice that you get no points at all. You also lose a point everyday you don't play which if you think about it shouldn't be a problem unless you don't play for a long, long time.

This should be a very fun update. :) I wonder if this will come next week? Hmm... :):fight:
So far, They said early march and even that might be just for test. They should take their time though so they can fix the bugs/glitches and have everything done correctly with the update.

actually when Misty and i were playing certain ships granted like 10 points towards your leveling your infamy and a bonus for a sinking streak ( 5 ships sunk in a row) of +5 points and that increases also as the streak grows +10 for 10 ships sunk in a row etc. etc......the close were very nice for SvS... the coat they offer is OMG a must have...
biggrin.gif

Back