Piratey Trading

This is how I would put trading in-game,with weapons/ships/gold/clothing.
Some puts up a war frigate for 40,000 gold or best offer for a time limit of 1 hour, and it is given a number: #125334. Someone offers 40,000 gold on it. An alert would pop up on the owner's screen that someone has offered 40,000 gold on war frigate #125334. The owner would then accept the offer or keep waiting for a better offer. Someone else offers 45,000 gold. An alert pops up on both the owner's screen and the person who offered 40,000 gold. Owner then decides once again that they either want to keep letting people offer or take the 45,000. Another person comes and offers 35,000 gold but they add in a few weapons and some clothing that is worth alot of gold. The owner can then take that offer or decline it. At the end of the hour, they will choose whether they want the 40,000, the 45,000 or the 35,000 with weapons/clothing, or decline all of them and keep the warship. Same concept goes with weapons and clothing items. The offerers will be able to decline and add things to their offers during the sessions.

Some puts up a war frigate for 40,000 gold or best offer for a time limit of 1 hour, and it is given a number: #125334. Someone offers 40,000 gold on it. An alert would pop up on the owner's screen that someone has offered 40,000 gold on war frigate #125334. The owner would then accept the offer or keep waiting for a better offer. Someone else offers 45,000 gold. An alert pops up on both the owner's screen and the person who offered 40,000 gold. Owner then decides once again that they either want to keep letting people offer or take the 45,000. Another person comes and offers 35,000 gold but they add in a few weapons and some clothing that is worth alot of gold. The owner can then take that offer or decline it. At the end of the hour, they will choose whether they want the 40,000, the 45,000 or the 35,000 with weapons/clothing, or decline all of them and keep the warship. Same concept goes with weapons and clothing items. The offerers will be able to decline and add things to their offers during the sessions.

so it's basically like bargining and betting?

Well if some people play free realms on here. That would be a great concept, but with more security.BOTH players MUST type in their PASSWORDS. In order for the trade to be successful and this will cause little puishing. Anyone agree?

Well if some people play free realms on here. That would be a great concept, but with more security.BOTH players MUST type in their PASSWORDS. In order for the trade to be successful and this will cause little puishing. Anyone agree?

I think that's a good idea, that way some family member can't get on someone's account while they are afk and trade off all of their legendaries/ships/gold/famed/clothing.
Imagine coming back from the store to see all of your weapons gold ships and clothing are GONE!

That doesn't sound like trading, that sounds like an auction.

Interesting. Auctions. I like it. It may only work if the item was discontinued.
They should add some things like maybe a new ship class like clippers or schooners or brigantines and discontinue war frigates or war sloops... But let people KEEP them and shoot their value through the roof.
And maybe add new famed/legendary/rare weapons and get rid of some and shoot their value through the roof.
Same with clothing.

well, it's trading to an extent... i could type the more DESCRIPTIVE version of it but it will take everyone about an hour to read it... its loooooong lol
its basically trading gold for items, just used a ship as an example. just replace the war frigate with a weapon, some clothing... all that good stuff
It's like eBay!

I also play a different game where there is an "auction house" and you can list an item there for 3 days and your asking price. You pay a fee to list the item. You can choose whether or not to accept bids, with a reserve price that must be met, or simply list your flat, no bargaining price. At the end of the time limit you've either sold your item or not. Either way, the price you paid to list is gone. But, if you're savvy, you searched other listings for the item you're offering ahead of time and you listed yours at a competitive price and it sold.

You check a mailbox to find out whether or not it sold. If it did, your money is waiting there for you to collect. The beauty of the mailbox system is that you can also use it to transfer items to your other characters. You simply create a new letter, attach the item you want to send to your other character, address the letter to the character's name and send it. When you log in on your other character you check a mailbox and, voila', there it is. I think the drawback in this game is that it allows for multiple characters having the same name, whereas the other game I play does not. Each character must have a unique name that no other person in the game has ever used. Perhaps that's where the code idea could come in?

A mailbox might be anachronistic for this game...perhaps a foot messenger NPC that fulfills the same function? An auction house and foot runner on each populated island?

Back