Request Player Memorial

I saw her around a few times but never got the chance to meet her, Sad to see that she passed away.
Now I'm not against the npc idea or anything but If I remember correctly there was a suggestion like this awhile back for an old potco player (An SvSer I believe?) that died and the idea got shot down due to the fact that some thought it wouldn't be fair to other potco players that have died. What if TLOPO did something that included everyone that has died like.. Wanted posters/portraits, memorial statue for the fallen, etc.
Not trying to take away the respect and stuff that Velvet deserves, just offering some suggestions. Death is an unfortunate part of life.
May Velvets memory live on..

Skye was an amazing veteran and True Colors family member along with being heavily involved in GO and DA. On top of being a community and guild builder, she was also an amazing long-term personal friend of mine and so many others. I hope we can all fondly remember our times with her sailing, voicing, and bonding. Sending much love and many prayers to her family and extended family here in tlopo.

I am fully in support of memorializing someone who meant so much to so many of us and truly gave her all to the tlopo community.

The last time I spoke to Skye was near the beginning of this month when I had heard she was still having medical problems, I had told her I hope she makes it through those medical problems because shes strong and I believed in her.. that was the last time I heard from her. Then last night I get a DM close to 11pm from David Wildwalker asking if I was okay. I woke up to that message So I was like yeah. Until I looked in three different servers and saw that there was a Memorial Ceremony for Skye, seeing that truly broke my heart. A part of my still thinks this is some kind of sick dream and that she will pop up and be her bubbly self and tell everyone it's going to be okay, the other half of me knows that shes gone.. in the two or three years i've know Skye, she was always helping people, asking if anyone needed help, laughing and cutting up with GO and DA, she was the light in a lot of our lives and knew how to help us when we needed cheering up. She was like a mother to me, she gave great advice to those who needed it. For those who knew her in game and irl their lives will never be the same anymore. She's going to be missed.

I was so saddened to see the news. She was a great person, and touched so many lives. I really hope that TLOPO finds a way to place in a remembrance for her-she truly stood for what it means to be part of a community. Helping others and having fun, being there for each other. My heart goes out to her friends and family, and if anyone ever needs to talk, my messages are always open. <3

Dear TLOPO team and community…

This week we mourn the loss of a great leader, mentor, and most importantly… A friend.

Velvet DeMarisco, Valentina DeMarisco, and Skye O'Malley of the guilds Dark Archive, Galactic Order and True Colors respectively with alts in Galactic Guardians, the sister guild to Galactic Order, passed away earlier this week. She had alts in several other guilds as well.

Before she started having health problems she was a CO-GM of Galactic Order. She was a Second Class Officer of Dark Archive, and a veteran of True Colors. She was invested in multiple guilds and managed to spare the time for each one to hang out with the members and help when and where she could.

In this letter I ask that we memorialize her and what she stood for. She always stood up for friends and what was right. She would never fail to do her best to help those in need. She has touched the hearts of many within this wonderful community.

I would suggest and implore you to create a space to honor her.

Disney has done this in the past. Does anyone remember Captain Job from the Royal Anchor on Port Royal? Captain Job is the NPC that Disney created to honor a boy in Arkansas who had survived his fight with cancer.

If Disney can do that, we can certainly do this…

A humble request from one of the many who have been blessed to know and call her friend.

What say you?

For those who may argue “If we do that for one person, we will have to do it for everyone”, I would simply say… Wouldn’t they also deserve the same respect?

So what if this has to be done more than once? We can create a space just for this purpose and it could be as large is it would need to be. Is that really such cause to say “We can’t do it for everyone”? There is no shame in honor and respect.
Im going to miss velvet more than words can describe. I love the idea. Miss you Velvet :(

Skye/Velvet was one of my greatest friends I've ever had, and I am so unbelievably grateful I got to know her. She was always wanting to cheer up not only myself on bad days, but all of her friends and guildmates. She might be gone, but the impact she's had on not only her friends and guildmates, but the community as a whole will remain, and we will cherish her memory and make sure her tales are told throughout the Caribbean.

+1 to this idea, I would love to see a spot for her, preferably flexing mighty and strong just as she has done to a lot of us who went AFK in game. :p

Rest in peace, Skye/Velvet.

For Valentina DeMarisco – Skye O’Malley 12/29/1967 – 05/25/2020

I had gotten the pleasure to meet Valentina for the first time in February of 2019 when I first joined Galactic Order. She came across is a woman who loved her family, she loved her doggies and also, she showed so much passion for TLOPO and her beloved guild Galactic Order for which she was co-GM.

Val loved her husband and son and daughter so much. We often shared stories with each other about our sons, as they were quite similar, both gamers amongst other things. And in the last 6 months or so, she had been so excited that she was going to be a Grandma and she spent countless hours preparing for a baby shower, she shared with us all the pictures of all the “ducky” themed things she was working on and had made, this was going to be one lucky baby to have such a wonderful Grandma, I know Val is looking down on her grandson now with so much love in her heart and will be his guardian angel. God bless her family and watch over them.

Val really loved her dogs too, she was always talking about them, and we would always hear in voice chat about if one of them pooped somewhere it was so funny. Her dogs were her babies and she treated them as such.

Val’s other big passion was TLOPO, she loved playing the game, logging in on multiple pirates at all times, so she could be present in all the guilds that she loved. She loved laughing here and having fun, flexing on people and farting on people would make her laugh so hard LOL. She was in several guilds but I got to know her as the beloved Co-Guildmaster of Galactic Order. When I first joined GO you could instantly see that Val was the guild “MOM” (and I think she always will be), she was a respected voice and loving and caring for her guild mates and guild friends. She was always there to help when anyone needed and always made you feel at home. She didn’t take crap from anyone either! She also did so much behind the scenes for the guild, things that helped our guild run smoothly. She was Bootsy’s right hand on so many things. She was in charge of organizing guild events and made this really awesome guild calendar, in our Galactic theme of Black and Bright Green along with a Star Wars themed font, so cool! She also made sure that there was always something to do for everyone! She especially loved putting together some special events for example she loved making up hide and seek games, where you would have to find and flex on her pirate Stinky and she certainly didn’t make it easy! For GO’s 2nd anniversary, she made a GIANT scavenger hunt game where you had to find and flex and sometimes fart on things or have a silly thought bubble above your head on Abassa, Tortuga. That was by far my favourite game! One of the other behind the scenes jobs that Val did was she would organize our officer meetings, where we all as officers meet, and she encouraged us to work as a team to try to problem solve and help our beloved guild run smoothly. She did so many more things, more then I can even mention.

She just loved a good silly joke or meme, and she loved to laugh. Some of us had the pleasure to join her in voice chat on many occasions and her laugh was infectious! I will miss her smile, her good heart, her motherly way and just her presence so much, as will all of Galactic Order and Galactic Guardians and all her other beloved guilds. Val would want us to carry on and take care of each other as a guild family.

Val <3 you left us way before your time and you are forever in our Galactic hearts. Rest in Peace Pirate Angel.

Having an NPC to represent our beloved Val, or some way to incorporate her into the TLOPO game would be a very worthy tribute to our beloved Val, she poured her heart and soul into this game and if the game could give back by adding a memory of her, how wonderful would that be for all who loved her dearly <3 I hope you will consider doing this!

For Valentina DeMarisco – Skye O’Malley 12/29/1967 – 05/25/2020

I had gotten the pleasure to meet Valentina for the first time in February of 2019 when I first joined Galactic Order. She came across is a woman who loved her family, she loved her doggies and also, she showed so much passion for TLOPO and her beloved guild Galactic Order for which she was co-GM.

Val loved her husband and son and daughter so much. We often shared stories with each other about our sons, as they were quite similar, both gamers amongst other things. And in the last 6 months or so, she had been so excited that she was going to be a Grandma and she spent countless hours preparing for a baby shower, she shared with us all the pictures of all the “ducky” themed things she was working on and had made, this was going to be one lucky baby to have such a wonderful Grandma, I know Val is looking down on her grandson now with so much love in her heart and will be his guardian angel. God bless her family and watch over them.

Val really loved her dogs too, she was always talking about them, and we would always hear in voice chat about if one of them pooped somewhere it was so funny. Her dogs were her babies and she treated them as such.

Val’s other big passion was TLOPO, she loved playing the game, logging in on multiple pirates at all times, so she could be present in all the guilds that she loved. She loved laughing here and having fun, flexing on people and farting on people would make her laugh so hard LOL. She was in several guilds but I got to know her as the beloved Co-Guildmaster of Galactic Order. When I first joined GO you could instantly see that Val was the guild “MOM” (and I think she always will be), she was a respected voice and loving and caring for her guild mates and guild friends. She was always there to help when anyone needed and always made you feel at home. She didn’t take crap from anyone either! She also did so much behind the scenes for the guild, things that helped our guild run smoothly. She was Bootsy’s right hand on so many things. She was in charge of organizing guild events and made this really awesome guild calendar, in our Galactic theme of Black and Bright Green along with a Star Wars themed font, so cool! She also made sure that there was always something to do for everyone! She especially loved putting together some special events for example she loved making up hide and seek games, where you would have to find and flex on her pirate Stinky and she certainly didn’t make it easy! For GO’s 2nd anniversary, she made a GIANT scavenger hunt game where you had to find and flex and sometimes fart on things or have a silly thought bubble above your head on Abassa, Tortuga. That was by far my favourite game! One of the other behind the scenes jobs that Val did was she would organize our officer meetings, where we all as officers meet, and she encouraged us to work as a team to try to problem solve and help our beloved guild run smoothly. She did so many more things, more then I can even mention.

She just loved a good silly joke or meme, and she loved to laugh. Some of us had the pleasure to join her in voice chat on many occasions and her laugh was infectious! I will miss her smile, her good heart, her motherly way and just her presence so much, as will all of Galactic Order and Galactic Guardians and all her other beloved guilds. Val would want us to carry on and take care of each other as a guild family.

Val <3 you left us way before your time and you are forever in our Galactic hearts. Rest in Peace Pirate Angel.

Having an NPC to represent our beloved Val, or some way to incorporate her into the TLOPO game would be a very worthy tribute to our beloved Val, she poured her heart and soul into this game and if the game could give back by adding a memory of her, how wonderful would that be for all who loved her dearly <3 I hope you will consider doing this!

I nearly forgot about the scavenger hunt :) Ahh.. So many fun and great memories. may we never forget
Never a dull moment when she was around.

"Skye O'Malley" and I (Peregrine O'Malley) would always playfully greet each other with "Hey Cuz!" Whenever we came online. I believe she invited me to Galactic Order originally too. We played in the same spirit in the game (helping everyone or anyone level or quest, etc.) which is why we enjoyed playing together so much. Sounds like (not surprisingly) she did that with everyone! She is a player (and person) to be emulated. Classy. A legend. RIP "cuz" you will be missed.

I believe that the responses to this truly show just how important Valentina/Skye/Velvet was to us. Not only in our small groups in guilds, but in the entire community. People that hardly knew her have come up in game and shared their condolences with those closest to her. If nothing else, it is telling of the kind of person she was and her character. May we all strive to be like her.

I made this a couple of days ago not knowing it would be used.
ship-sea-moon-night-wallpaper.jpg

Back