Request Player Memorial

I love this idea so much and the thoughtfulness of it brings tears to my eyes. Although I sadly never got to know her, many of her friends who are friends of mine speak very highly of her. This is a great way for those who were close to her to have some kind of peace.
Also, the mourning process is weird and challenging and sometimes it doesn’t make sense. If anyone is struggling and needs someone to talk to/someone to listen, I’m here. Please take care of yourselves and allow yourselves the space to grieve. Much love,
Kate Daggersharp

I love this idea so much and the thoughtfulness of it brings tears to my eyes. Although I sadly never got to know her, many of her friends who are friends of mine speak very highly of her. This is a great way for those who were close to her to have some kind of peace.
Also, the mourning process is weird and challenging and sometimes it doesn’t make sense. If anyone is struggling and needs someone to talk to/someone to listen, I’m here. Please take care of yourselves and allow yourselves the space to grieve. Much love,
Kate Daggersharp

She was a delight to be around Kate! And absolutely go and find someone and talk to them if you need to. We're all here for each other.

Man where do I start? Val, Kalia and I were such great friends, we would voice chat about books, Weight Watchers, and furthermore the game, I remember the one time I told her I farted on certain people and it make her laugh so hard! What I wouldn’t do to hear her voice or laugh Atleast just once more. We did have a falling out, but I was so blessed I had the opportunity to clear the air and we stared to become as close as we once were. I will miss her spunky personality and willingness help ANYONE who needed help, Until we meet again beautiful angel. You’ll be in my heart always.

If anyone has any stories they would like to share, feel free :) I always loved the hide and seek events that she would schedule for our guilds. There were clues you'd have to figure out and you'd have to flex on Stinky to find him! Another thing I loved was she was ALWAYS flexing on people. She started a game of it. We started counting points for flexing on people. always a blast when she was on.
My condolences to her family. And to her extended family here. Perhaps in the very least one of you can make a new ship and name it in her honor?

If the staff for some reason can't give Velvet her own NPC someplace, maybe they can put a memorial wall type graphic in the newer meeting room where past and future members could be remembered and maybe members can leave a flower on the wall? Like a war memorial wall with names.

Last edited:
Val I remember the first time I met you and how close we became like Cometta said we would talk about books, weight watcher recipes, and the game, I remember the night we talked about random stuff til like 1am taking random snapchats of our pirates standing on port royal, I thank God that we were able to talking things out and become close again..... I miss talking to you Rest In Peace can’t wait to see you in heaven someday.❤️🙏🏻

Not sure how well it could be programmed but. Immortalize her as an NPC that gives a quest to perform the /flex emote near other targeted NPCs. It was one of her favorite activities to do with other players.
That's a cool idea too. How about she gives the flex to anyone who talks to her and you take a picture with her and maybe we have a thread here so people can post it as a memorial of sorts?

That's a cool idea too. How about she gives the flex to anyone who talks to her and you take a picture with her and maybe we have a thread here so people can post it as a memorial of sorts?
I think that would be wonderful! Actually thought of like a timed flex thing for group photos :)

I really would love to see a detailed memorial. Something that stands out and is beautiful. Intricate designs.. That sort of thing. catches the eye and reminds you of all the good and kindness that she brought.

This is a FANTASTIC idea!!! I remember when she first invited me to Galactic Order. I was new to the game since it came back, barely even a day in, and i received the invite from her. I was able to meet so many amazing people thanks to her and I still can't believe she's really gone. She's the reason that I decided to continue playing this game past day one. Considering how many lives she's touched, I think she DESERVES this.

I love this idea. if the does get approved and she's turned into a npc please give her the ability to heal others for 5 gold and give her either a daily reward quest or something worth while. We are going to to miss you Velvet.

A daily reward quest is a wonderful idea, James! She would love for there to be something else new and fun to do in the game.

100% agree something needs to be done for her. I know she had many friends and was an active member of this community. With her no longer with us leaves a hole that can not be filled. She was a mother figure to many in GO, helped us through the bad times and even the good times. We all are going to miss her but she will always be with us. Cuba being a great spot for an NPC after her.

I remember Velvet always being a joy to talk to, even if our interactions were few and far between. I would love for this to happen, or have any sort of memorial for her be implemented!
Aye! Velvet loved to just hang around and chat with her friends. Like others have stated, could be books or other things.. Her and I would frequently talk about the music that we loved. Turned out that the music she grew up listening to was the stuff that I grew up listening to. There's always something to connect people. Love for music, a game, a community they're a part of. She actually helped me 3 man my black pearl quest on my main a while ago. she was one of the gunners on a lower level pirate before I really knew her. Grateful to have known her.

She did love Cuba. Not sure if it was the swamp smell or the gators that you could trick into knocking your friends out... I'll miss those little incidents.
Cuba? Perhaps name a potion after Velvet only at the Cuban potion table. A flex infliction potion. Or something unusal as she sounded mischievous.

And here's something way out there maybe. Since people like to remember other people of this game we may have lost in the past or future, I try to think in a community way, as new people coming upon something like this will have possibly no idea what it means.
So, how about, if not too morose, that the devs put in a nice looking simple place of rest where there would be markers with peoples names on them and perhaps dates, other info and that players could click on these markers and would be able to leave a short message in game and automatically be also copied to the pass members profile where their family may be able to see notes from friends without having to go in game. but be able to access the forums. Not saying any of this is possible, but I'm trying to think of ideas that would cover all people.

And perhaps at the persons favorite location. So each island could have spots of quiet reflections.

Last edited:
Back