CAUTION: Lots of text up-ahead.
Welcome to my thread.
On this topic we will discuss "Player owned Islands".
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE WITHOUT PERMISSION - fkit59
Table of Contents
I: Introducing myself
II: What is a Player owned Island?
III: Why is this a good idea
IIII: Closing and Credits
_________________________________________I: Introducing Myself.
Me, myself I do not play Pirates of the Carribean Online. (Anymore). Although, I do love to contribute and talk to players that do play. I love Pirates , and I love pirate related games. I have quit PotCO, for the following reasons;
- You need constant membership to enjoy.
- Recent bugs
- Has less to give to lower-levels/free to play.
The reason I like giving ideas to games of all types, is because I may not like the content. Maybe you do, maybe you don't. But giving your opinion is no problem.
So here is mine I hope you enjoy it. Have fun reading my wall of text.
II: What is a Player owned Island?
A player owned island is a island run by people like us. An island that can be "player-owned" must be remote. For example; Driftwood Island. Their is no life, just monsters/animals. This will be a (A guild alliance is more than 1 guild that are allies). The ranking chart will look like this:
--------Monarch <--- Leader of the Guild Alliance
-------First mates <-- First(Best) Mates.
The reason for a "Guild Alliance" is to make sure that not just ONE guild is getting a whole island. The island can not be runned by for example; 50 people in a guild. An alliance can help both, economy and defense.
A opposing guild alliance may attack a island only twice a month.
RULES FOR PROVOKING A WAR:
- Both guilds must have a minimum 50 pirates. (If the Owning guild alliance has less the island will be un-owned after 2 days).
- Opposing guilds must have a minimum of 25 Pirates ONLINE during the war hours. (If less the guild that has under 25 pirates will be withdrawed, after 30 minutes in the war.
- Both Monarchs MUST be online during the battle
- Wars will take a maximum of 3 hours, and a minimum of 1.
- The attacking guild must deposit 25,000 Gold in-order to provoke a war (The more you deposit the higher morale you will recieve!)
- Both guild alliances MUST have a minimum of 100,000 Gold bank.
- If an opposing guild alliance loses the war, the guild bank will be given to the opposing team.
- If the guild that owns the island wins the war, the island will stay the same and each guild-member that contributed will have a split of the winnings
Morale Bar: Guild; A deposits 10% more gold.
Deposits can only go up to 40%.
SHIP BATTLE: Round 1
Intro: After each guild alliance deposits their gold amount, it is time for round 1. This includes a Blockade in a remote area with only your Guild alliance's boats and the opposing guild. For this example, each alliance has a morale of a equal amount.
The blockade will consist of the boat your guild bank supplies you.
The Monarch can decide what boats to buy with your guild bank money.
A has 200,000 Gold bank
Purchases: 4 Ship of Line , 5 Galleons , 18 War sloops.
B has 200,000 Gold bank
Purchases: 4 Ship of Line , 18 Galleons , 5 War sloops,
Each boat does NOT have to be filled until maximum limit. Each boat MUST have atleast 3 people on a boat.
THE WAR BEGINS:
Team A decides to be aggresive and sends 8 war sloops ahead.
Team B just happens to sink all the sloops with only losing 5 Galleons.
Still the SAME!
Morale can only be defeated when the Ship of Line is destroyed.
Some-how Team A destroys one of Team B's Ship of Line
Round 1 ends and Team B has 1 ship of line left and Team A has 2 left.
That means, for round 2 Team A will have a higher advantage when fighting.
BREAK TIME: 15 Minute Break
ROUND 2: Undead Fight
Intro: Like Jolly-Rogers invasion, Team A's monarch will set-up boundaries (blockades). Where it is being placed, the Monarch and First Mate will decide.
The fight has begun, Team B wants to win the island.
They protect their Monarch and he sends his 50 troops to attack. (If either guild does not have the minimum requirment for the war, bots will be sent out for 30 minutes until either guild has enough players. 'if neither do the war is off'.)
The Monarch has 3 lives, each trooper has 5.
Team A; loses 25 of there troopers and the Monarch has died twice.
Team B; has the higher morale now.
BREAK TIME: 15 minutes
ROUND 2.5: Each team will fight again, the morale will be the same as previous.
The attacking guild alliance can now loot chests.
- Extra health
- Extra life
The team with the HIGHEST morale WINS!
Team B takes the loot, and kicks Team A out of the island.
- Request a war after a guild alliance has taken an island.
- You must wait 7 days (1 week)
Each contributor recieved a share of the gold. (YAY!)
The Monarch has the ability to build, building and do what-ever the heck he wants!
You may add your own flag , and can cast it on your boat during wars.
_________________________________________III: Why this is a good idea
Well, you made it through the humongous wall of text. Now, I won't be bias since this is my idea. Ive thought this through and found whats good and whats bad.
- Much more expansion and fun towards both Pay-to-play members and free-to-play.
- Ability to have freedom throughout your whole island.
- Help during team-work
- Make tons of gold and supplies
- Lag during battles
- You need a-lot of gold
- I cannot think of many at-the-moment. Please post if you have any!