Request Player Ship no-collision

Roger_ Gunshot

Pirate Master
This is a bit of an annoyance around the hunter parties, with ships crashing into each other, blocking one another, etc. This would just allow player ships to pass through each other, without running into each other and blocking and what have you. Would just be kind of a "quality of life" improvement. Thoughts?

Oh boy. Just a few days ago, i had full ship material loot and 3 skull chests (24/24) and i was in pursuit by a SOTL and a flying storm. Then a light brig out of all things, stops dead in my tracks, and wedges my ship in between the hunters and the SOTL. I got sunk with full loot at full health, and I am 100% sure it was on purpose. My crew was furious! (but they knew it wasn’t my fault)

Despite taking some realism out of the game, i would like to see this feature.

I had a brig trying to block my way in hunter party. Agree the hunter party or mat invasion sailing is so bad, words can no longer describe it.

This has happen to my boyfriend and I countless times. One of the reasons we just don't sail anymore. Also people on quiet servers tend to do the same thing! <.<

I feel like if they let our ships just go through another ship it'll cause lag, if you ever managed to go through an island it'll cause massive lag and that's why in potco and tlopo there's an invisible wall preventing us from going through. I believe it causes lag because of other players on each ship. That's also why we can't see players on other ships and players/enemies/npcs on islands when out on sea.

I'm not for this idea. I feel like it would take away from the challenge at sea, as well as the bit of realism we have in the game (haha). I don't even like that we can phase our pirates into each other.

This is a bit of an annoyance around the hunter parties, with ships crashing into each other, blocking one another, etc. This would just allow player ships to pass through each other, without running into each other and blocking and what have you. Would just be kind of a "quality of life" improvement. Thoughts?
They 'player ships' were passing through ships I was on all night last night. I'm not seeing the non pass through problem all the time. It appears, like other bugs, to be intermittent.

Last edited:
I had a brig trying to block my way in hunter party. Agree the hunter party or mat invasion sailing is so bad, words can no longer describe it.
Yes. Over time I've been able to see intentional actions of blocking or trying to take ships away. But as I said, clipping and no clipping in this game has been very intermittent at best. Beta blockers?

Now I'll tell ya this; I sometimes deliberately turn my ship in such a way that the Hunter and Warship maneuver according to my turns and broadside other pirate ships that are getting too close. Nothing more annoying than some lumbering skipper trying to muscle in on my prey and putting my ship in harm's way in the process.
BOOM!

Now I'll tell ya this; I sometimes deliberately turn my ship in such a way that the Hunter and Warship maneuver according to my turns and broadside other pirate ships that are getting too close. Nothing more annoying than some lumbering skipper trying to muscle in on my prey and putting my ship in harm's way in the process.
BOOM!
You mean people are stealing your Corsairs again? Wasn't me, musta been some other dirty no no child...

Back