Request Please fix this

Fortune Burnrose

Notorious Pirate
Maybe this thread should be in Bug / Glitches / Workarounds but I'm gonna post it here anyways. For the past year (or probably longer) there has been a bug in the game that causes players to not be awarded loot/rep when killing an enemy with sword if they are only hit with splash damage. I call it a bug because I know it hasn't always been like this. Splash damage used to work on swords, the way it currently does with staves and grenades. Having this fixed would be incredibly beneficial for any circumstance where a player encounters several enemies at a time. For example: leveling at kings head, looting at cicatriz, leveling in the catacombs, looting at south idol etc. I think you get the idea. I see no drawbacks to this idea so unless it's a super complicated problem in the world of coding, I would hope to see this resolved as soon as possible.

Pls & Thx :D

Yes, I have reported this countless times, and from experience, when no one responds, it's deliberate, or waaay too difficult for the devs to cope with, so they let it go.
I'm guessing only a few folk notice it and since no one really cares enough to respond to it, that it's what I said above.

too difficult for the devs to cope with, so they let it go.
Come on man, this is a really unfair assumption. I get its frustrating for it to not be fixed but it's not because of incompetence. This issue used to exist with all weapons and it was fixed, clearly it broke again.

With the amount of bug reports we receive, we may miss some. Certain bugs receive higher priority than others, I'll make sure this thread is seen but really, lets not get nasty about it.

Thanks for the report Fortune <3

Come on man, this is a really unfair assumption. I get its frustrating for it to not be fixed but it's not because of incompetence. This issue used to exist with all weapons and it was fixed, clearly it broke again.

With the amount of bug reports we receive, we may miss some. Certain bugs receive higher priority than others, I'll make sure this thread is seen but really, lets not get nasty about it.

Is there protocol in-place to where, when the same player reports the same bug/issue over and over again, said player is communicated or notified that their concern is readily being reviewed (as opposed to someone 'feeling' that a concern of theirs might possibly be viewed wrongly as being ignored)?

Priorities are important. So too is open communication to a female's very player base (about concerns brought up).

Is there protocol in-place to where, when the same player reports the same bug/issue over and over again, said player is communicated or notified that their concern is readily being reviewed (as opposed to someone 'feeling' that a concern of theirs might possibly be viewed wrongly as being ignored)?

Priorities are important. So too is open communication to a female's very player base (about concerns brought up).
On the forums, not really unless a staff member sees it and responds to it. It’s often hard to remember who reported what issue, as there are a lot of users and threads on the forums. If you report through our feedback system, I guess a response system could be looked into.
Btw, this entire thread applies to blunderbusses too. If I'm not mistaken, the only weapons with functioning splash damage are grenades & staff.
Correct.

On the forums, not really unless a staff member sees it and responds to it. It’s often hard to remember who reported what issue, as there are a lot of users and threads on the forums. If you report through our feedback system, I guess a response system could be looked into.
I was referring to TLOPO specifically but really, both it and this forums could apply.

If TLOPO does not have a mechanism or protocol in-place to handle multiple reports sent in by the same player for the same bug/issue, I suggest that some attention be brought to this because in hindsight the very last thing TLOPO wants to experience are bugs falling through the cracks when they could have been addressed.

The reality is, there is only so much time in a day to do things. Nobody should be blamed for this. But also...we all have within our own control to strive to improve ourselves (and the very systems put in-place by us towards managing choices and decisions better). This is especially true if what we are doing impacts the concerns brought up by others.

To be honest and dense, I don't believe I rightly know what splash damage is. Is that the correct phrase? Is it AOE?

Whoa tiger.
Easy there.
I may be assuming, but only you said it's because of incompetence, not me.
I merely suggested that the problem is too difficult for the devs to address, or they want it that way, not that they can't, won't handle it, not that they are incompetent. You brought that into play here, not me.
My assumption is that there are so many bugs in-game, that the handful of dedicated staff can only do so much, when it's an actual bug and not intentional.
Since this didn't used to be a problem, and only cropped up with the not healing issue many have encountered in the game after battling foe, that it might just be intentional, for whatever reasons. That is a possibility after all. Yes?
But why am I explaining this to you?
You sound like you need to slow down and take it easy mate, and stop assuming you're somehow the almighty interpreter of what others say.
This bug has been reported for well over a year, and since it hasn't been addressed, or acknowledged, my assumption is probably pretty accurate; that the devs are waaay too busy and can't possibly address all the bugs that crop up, or they want it that way.
They are a small, dedicated staff, but obviously they can only do so much.
I understand that.
The only nasty vibes here seem to be coming from you bro.
Chill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back