Request Please reconsider the change to weapon interactions with spawning enemies

Beggar

Pirate Master
Patch 1.15.0 modified how broadswords and daggers interact with spawning enemies who have a bubble over their bodies granting them temporary invincibility.

The change has made it incredibly difficult for players to loot in groups. Previously, the bubbles served the function of allowing each member of a crew to land hits on the enemies in order to ensure they receive its loot drop. Now that this has been rendered impossible, even looting in small groups of three or four pirates will result in some players missing each skull chest. Effectively, looting in groups with broadswords is no longer tenable.

In order to allow players to continue looting in groups - an activity which makes up the bulk of my playtime in TLOPO - I request that the developers revisit their decision to change how broadswords and daggers interact with invincibility bubbles.

Last edited:
Agreed. It was enough getting used to attacking the bubble actually aggroing enemies and the viper's nest/blunderbuss comboes being rendered useless.

Patch 1.15.0 modified how broadswords and daggers interact with spawning enemies who have a bubble over their bodies granting them temporary invincibility.

The change has made it incredibly difficult for players to loot in groups. Previously, the bubbles served the function of allowing each member of a crew to land hits on the enemies in order to ensure they receive its loot drop. Now that this has been rendered impossible, even looting in small groups of three or four pirates will result in some players missing each skull chest. Effectively, looting in groups with broadswords is no longer tenable.

In order to allow players to continue looting in groups - an activity which makes up the bulk of my playtime in TLOPO - I request that the developers revisit their decision to change how broadswords and daggers interact with invincibility bubbles.
I'm not understanding this again. Due to some bug, that rendered the safety of a invincibility bubble/shield to be not invincible, players developed a technique to improve their chances at looting beyond what the game allowed. And now that the devs set the bubble to be what it's supposed to be across the board equally, players want the devs to put the bubble thing back to busted?
This sounds a lot like sailing loot drops.
I'm very confused.
It's a beta, and I'm reading a lot of we want this game to work, just don't make it work too good. IDK.

Last edited:
I'm not understanding this again. Due to some bug, that rendered the safety of a invisibility bubble/shield to be not invincible, players developed a technique to improve their chances at looting beyond what the game allowed. And now that the devs set the bubble to be what it's supposed to be across the board equally, players want the devs to put the bubble thing back to busted?
This sounds a lot like sailing loot drops.
I'm very confused.
It's a beta, and I'm reading a lot of we want this game to work, just don't make it work too good. IDK.
The bubble was designed to register hits but not causing damage and it's always been the same since POTCO days.
You have to keep in mind that Disney designed it as player friendly for all ages and levels so everyone can get the loot.
Not everyone is at the same level, some younger some older, some connections better than others, some faster some slower, some higher levels and better equipped than others.
The problem with this change/bug it is very detrimental for lower level players and looting in groups or sharing any regular mobs area. One player can kill all the regular mobs without anyone else getting anything. There were already complains that the bubble wasn't even long enough as some max level player would just barge in one area and one shot all the mobs. In my opinion this has the potential to only encourage "this is my area" type of mentality and discourage people playing together.

The bubble was designed to register hits but not causing damage and it's always been the same since POTCO days.
You have to keep in mind that Disney designed it as player friendly for all ages and levels so everyone can get the loot.
Not everyone is at the same level, some younger some older, some connections better than others, some faster some slower, some higher levels and better equipped than others.
The problem with this change/bug it is very detrimental for lower level players and looting in groups or sharing any regular mobs area. One player can kill all the regular mobs without anyone else getting anything. There were already complains that the bubble wasn't even long enough as some max level player would just barge in one area and one shot all the mobs. In my opinion this has the potential to only encourage "this is my area" type of mentality and discourage people playing together.
I see thanks. I didn't know this was a disney designed thing. So, the bubble no longer registers hit points at all? I noticed grenades weren't damaging on bubble, but it registered as a miss. But I assumed the miss meant no damage taken. Because last night after the reopening, I was standing at niko and threw one grenade during his bubble phase, it registered as a miss and I stopped with that one throw and finished my ice cream, yes even pirates like ice cream, while a few others finished him off. I still got loot. So IDK what to tell you. But you make a lot of sense as always.

I see thanks. I didn't know this was a disney designed thing. So, the bubble no longer registers hit points at all? I noticed grenades weren't damaging on bubble, but it registered as a miss. But I assumed the miss meant no damage taken. Because last night after the reopening, I was standing at niko and threw one grenade during his bubble phase, it registered as a miss and I stopped with that one throw and finished my ice cream, yes even pirates like ice cream, while a few others finished him off. I still got loot. So IDK what to tell you.
deleted

Back