Question Point of Treasure Collectibles?

thab0ss

Sea Legs
On every pirate I have ever had I have never done all the treasure quests.

I was wondering what the point of collectibles are or if they just reward gold.

Also if the collectibles have any effect on loot drops.. ex: you have all the collectible quests done so they are dropped more frequently, slimming chances of a famed or legendary being dropped.

No point other than what you already said and I didn't do any of the treasure quests and the loot seems to be the same

There seemed to be a almost natural end result or reward to collecting sets of things in tlopo. If the only reason was a filler in loot and to gain gold, why can't we purge the collections out of inventory? My inclinations would be that if we, say, collected the whole chess set, we could turn that in for some sort of other reward or to gain access to a good quest otherwise not available. Rewards like a one time mat gift or or one time choice to max a certain mat for ships.
And on that same subject, why do we need 10,000 cards? I've got enough fingers and thumbs to refit every skeleton in the Caribbean. Why?

Why can't tlopo have a cut off point like 5000 fingers (pun intended) and take that out of your loot container space after that for a chance at other or better loot?

There seemed to be a almost natural end result or reward to collecting sets of things in tlopo. If the only reason was a filler in loot and to gain gold, why can't we purge the collections out of inventory? My inclinations would be that if we, say, collected the whole chess set, we could turn that in for some sort of other reward or to gain access to a good quest otherwise not available. Rewards like a one time mat gift or or one time choice to max a certain mat for ships.
And on that same subject, why do we need 10,000 cards? I've got enough fingers and thumbs to refit every skeleton in the Caribbean. Why?

Why can't tlopo have a cut off point like 5000 fingers (pun intended) and take that out of your loot container space after that for a chance at other or better loot?
File this as a new item under "New TLOPO functionality above and beyond that which POTCO included".

And I agree, there should be some special reward for collecting enough middle fingers! LOL

I enjoy working on the collections and think they are great as they are, with the reward being only the satisfaction of a complete set. I do wonder about how they are all much easier to find in tlopo than they were in potco and the whole 99 of each thing, many potco collections were just 1 of each and some, like teeth, had different quantities for different objects in within collection.

If I remember correctly in potco you couldn't get all the playing cards the game would just give you repeat after repeat

When the collections were introduced in PotCO, the quests ended at the Black Pearl, there was less famed/valuable loot to be had, and even less to do at end-game. So it was added as something to do and a way for people to get more gold. It was additive in your loot. It didn't displace anything.

Even now, you don't have to unlock collection loot. Just leave those quests if you're not interested.

If I remember correctly in potco you couldn't get all the playing cards the game would just give you repeat after repeat
I collected cards in potco and no; it was not repeat after repeat, it gave you random cards. I never stopped getting cards. Cards were hard to get in potco and I'm very certain that my collection was one of the best in the game. Some cards were much rarer than others as you can see and like loot you would get dupes but the game never locked into giving only dupes. If I remember right the screenshot is from the last day of POTCO.
POTCO Cheat Card Collection.jpg

I collected cards in potco and no; it was not repeat after repeat, it gave you random cards. I never stopped getting cards. Cards were hard to get in potco and I'm very certain that my collection was one of the best in the game. Some cards were much rarer than others as you can see and like loot you would get dupes but the game never locked into giving only dupes. If I remember right the screenshot is from the last day of POTCO.View attachment 113777
My point was that you couldn't get all 5,200 playing cards in potco

My point was that you couldn't get all 5,200 playing cards in potco
Yes, and my point is that you are wrong and that you could collect all 5200 cards in potco. As you can see aces and kings were much more common than other cards and I had all 800 of them at least a year before the screenshot but continued to get cards that were not aces and kings right up to the end. I remember always being thrilled to get a 7, lol.

When the collections were introduced in PotCO, the quests ended at the Black Pearl, there was less famed/valuable loot to be had, and even less to do at end-game. So it was added as something to do and a way for people to get more gold. It was additive in your loot. It didn't displace anything.

Even now, you don't have to unlock collection loot. Just leave those quests if you're not interested.
I wouldn't know anything about potco deals, but the cards DO take a space in loot that other things show up in as well. Dropping cards from containers above pouches should indeed give more chances for other loot, even if they're rusty.

I wouldn't know anything about potco deals, but the cards DO take a space in loot that other things show up in as well. Dropping cards from containers above pouches should indeed give more chances for other loot, even if they're rusty.
Even if cards didn't take a space in loot that wouldn't increase yout chances of getting something worth wild in fact I only mastered one weapon and tried to see if my loot improved and it did not

Even if cards didn't take a space in loot that wouldn't increase yout chances of getting something worth wild in fact I only mastered one weapon and tried to see if my loot improved and it did not
Don't know about chances, but different stuff would show up if the cards weren't there. That's all.

["squintz, member: 14071"]

if you only have the sword mastered and nothing else above level 5, then when the game decides to drop a famed (same drop system as before, no more or less often) then your chances of getting a famed sword is greatly increased because it has no other famed weapon to reward you with [with exception of sailing and cannon]. The game decides first how many items is going to be in your drop and then whether it is going to drop weapon, clothing, ammo, etc... collectibles were not included in the reference I am using but i dont see how they would differ from everything else the game decides to drop.
Opinion: Therefore since this is the case, if there is no ammo to be refilled, then the game would have already decided how many items it is going to give you, and if ammo doesn't need to be replenished in any areas, then it would have a higher chance of dropped clothing or a weapon, therefore slightly increasing chances of getting a famed/bright because: more frequent clothing/weapons dropped=higher chance of better items. I would assume this applies to collectibles as well.

This is why I asked if having less collectible quests done would mean collectibles dropped less frequently, therefore affecting loot.

["squintz, member: 14071"]

if you only have the sword mastered and nothing else above level 5, then when the game decides to drop a famed (same drop system as before, no more or less often) then your chances of getting a famed sword is greatly increased because it has no other famed weapon to reward you with [with exception of sailing and cannon]. The game decides first how many items is going to be in your drop and then whether it is going to drop weapon, clothing, ammo, etc... collectibles were not included in the reference I am using but i dont see how they would differ from everything else the game decides to drop.
Opinion: Therefore since this is the case, if there is no ammo to be refilled, then the game would have already decided how many items it is going to give you, and if ammo doesn't need to be replenished in any areas, then it would have a higher chance of dropped clothing or a weapon, therefore slightly increasing chances of getting a famed/bright because: more frequent clothing/weapons dropped=higher chance of better items. I would assume this applies to collectibles as well.

This is why I asked if having less collectible quests done would mean collectibles dropped less frequently, therefore affecting loot.
Well if this is true then I should have more brights and famed/legendaries

Well if this is true then I should have more brights and famed/legendaries

With way the loot system works now, there is no exact science to get anything. It is luck.
There's tips and tricks to increase your odds but at the end it's still luck.

It is true the system @thab0ss mentioned in the first half of his reply. The odds have to be better for a famed sword if it's the only weapon you've leveled. It doesn't mean you're guaranteed anything though. The more time you spend looting, the more you play the slot machine of loot. IF the game lands on a famed, then it has to be a sword (in your example, or sea items)

It doesn't mean that because you loot all day or try all the tricks and methods that you'll receive any kind of results. It's possible (not probable) to loot to lv50 and receive absolutely zero famed/legendary/bright.

I do not think the treasure items effect what's in your loot though. But about this, I could be wrong.

Don't know about chances, but different stuff would show up if the cards weren't there. That's all.
I doubt that treasure items and ammo showing up in loot affects weapons and clothing in that loot. I know many swear by it but I see no actual evidence for it and suspect it is an old wives tail. I do believe that treasure items, and cards, are much more common in tlopo than they were in potco and so would not be opposed to making them more rare, like they were in potco, but I'm very against doing away with them or making them not drop when your collection is complete. They are a fun part of the game that I enjoy very much.

Back