Once you go AFK it is no longer "your" gold room

• Correct

Votes: 80 86.0%
  • False

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • It's Complicated

Votes: 12 12.9%

• Total voters
There are separate rules against hacking and harassment in the terms of service. The real question is: is it reasonable to expect that you can continuously loot a spot so long as you were there first? Another question is: is it reasonable to expect that no one will come over to where you are looting and take rep and drops that would have gone to you? I think that it is a clear rules violation to run in and mash an enemy that someone else was battling, was the rule really meant to say that? Probably but not certainly. It's up for debate here.
"is it reasonable to expect that no one will come over to where you are looting and take rep and drops that would have gone to you? I think that it is a clear rules violation to run in and mash an enemy that someone else was battling, was the rule really meant to say that?"
This is where we're divided. I don't see any tlopo rules that regulate any players time anywhere in the game. Nor player ownership rules.
You seem to be convoluting and meshing the community self created rules of conduct with actual tlopo rules of game play and probably shouldn't be. How players play together and try to play together with their own unwritten gentleman rules is one thing. Trying to make actual tlopo game rules fit that perceived gentlemanly rules is another.
That's what I see here.

Tlopo rules about player violation have to do with spamming, 3rd party hacks like mass killing on the beach and other major transgression like privacy violation, harassment verbally or in chat and a myriad other things, none of which is regulating player conduct in looting rooms like throwing grenades without permission. Those are personal gentlemen rules which I don't see in tlopo pages at all.
And tlopo staff and devs would probably want to stay away from players rules mentality. They probably don't even want to respond to this thread if they can help it.

What your explaining does happen, yes. Are people rude by throwing gredades without your permission, perhaps. Is any of that a violation of player game rules? Not at all. Trying to shoehorn your concept of player conduct into existing Tlopo rules and regs hasn't much traction I'm afraid. You have a very European way of looking at things. Gentlemanly and courteous, but different.

Have a nice night.

Sorry for going off topic, but just wanted to bring some humor to this post.

Can't cut the lines at the DMV.
Another one of them polls designed to give them their answers no matter which way you vote. There is no option for my opinion in that poll.
Thus I don't vote. Which is basically the same as silencing another viewpoint via poll question.

No one owns a spot no matter if it's for looting purposes or hanging out. If they get mad just ignore them or tell them there's no rule that states that you have to get permission.

Another one of them polls designed to give them their answers no matter which way you vote. There is no option for my opinion in that poll.
Thus I don't vote. Which is basically the same as silencing another viewpoint via poll question.
Agreed. Just thought I'd make a little joke about the annoying DMV lines. Heh.

From what I understood It's No longer rude to come in and just take over anywhere !!!
I guess so, but I guess people will just live with it as they have been as tlopo is not going to ban anyone because someone complained and cried "this guy came in a started killing MY BOSS IN MY ROOM!!"
They have real issues to worry about.

Sorry for going off topic, but just wanted to bring some humor to this post.

Can't cut the lines at the DMV.
Not advisable for sure. In Washington State there is a law against cutting the State Ferry lines. I can recall being very pleased a few times Having seen a police officer walk up to someone who had cut and made it all the way to the toll booth; just very gratifying to see them publicly chewed out and then sent to the back of the line, which in some cases would result in a 2-3 hour delay in their journey.

The Dark Archive has some pretty strict rules about invading other's spaces.. however, if you have AFK over your head, our rules state that your area is open for business. We realize not everyone lives by that rule.. but we do.
Sorry, but I don't believe guilds should be setting rules for the whole gaming community.
Because that's whats going on with this 'open for business' business.
Thank you, but no thanks.

Do you have to be so consistently defensive and rude? It really just upsets me.

Most every comment I see you post is you defending your opinion or going against someone else’s in what appears to be a rude manner.

I’m sorry if this is inappropriate to say here, but I just wanted to get if off my chest.

Most every comment I see you post is you defending your opinion or going against someone else’s in what appears to be a rude manner.

I’m sorry if this is inappropriate to say here, but I just wanted to get if off my chest.
It is inappropriate. Because you're incorrect. Just because my opinion doesn't match your opinion does not make it rude.
There is no personal vendetta here so please don't read into it whats not here.

No guild is demanding anyone join, and if you join you are expected to respect the guilds rules. I believe those guilds rules are oppressive in a couple of ways, and gave my opinion as such. The guild spokesman was very civil and fair in his response. I don't see any animosity in my posts.

If my bluntness offends you I am sorry for that.

Good evening and good luck.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I don't believe guilds should be setting rules for the whole gaming community.
Because that's whats going on with this 'open for business' business.
Thank you, but no thanks.
It's not for the whole community just for their guild so if you aren't in their guild you aren't obligated to follow their rules.

It is inappropriate. Because you're incorrect. Just because my opinion doesn't match your opinion does not make it rude.
There is no personal vendetta here so please don't read into it whats not here.

No guild is demanding anyone join, and if you join you are expected to respect the guilds rules. I believe those guilds rules are oppressive in a couple of ways, and gave my opinion as such. The guild spokesman was very civil and fair in his response. I don't see animosity in my posts.

If my bluntness offends you I am sorry for that.

Good evening and good luck.

I am not telling you that I find your comments rude because my opinion differs from you, more often than not I agree with you, but your tone towards other people who disagree with you comes off as rude to me and comes off as if you feel superior to them.

I was also being general in my comment, not specifically commenting on guild rules.

I apologize if my views toward your comments are not what you intended for them to be, but saying how I feel is inappropriate because it is "incorrect" just proves my point in my book.

The Dark Archive has some pretty strict rules about invading other's spaces.. however, if you have AFK over your head, our rules state that your area is open for business. We realize not everyone lives by that rule.. but we do.

Speaking of which, that happened to me and my friend today when we were looting. We were looting in the gold room when a guy comes over. I wouldn't have minded too much if he was kind and respectful and asked if it was okay if he and his guild loot with us, but he was just really rude and told us to leave. He then had his guild members tp to him. Soon, there were too many people there for us to loot effectively and have fun, so me and my friend had to move, and we weren't even afk. That one guy and just completely invaded our space without asking.
bully.png

Red was the instigator, blue is my friend, and orange is a guild mate of that one guy (he seemed nice).

I am not telling you that I find your comments rude because my opinion differs from you, more often than not I agree with you, but your tone towards other people who disagree with you comes off as rude to me and comes off as if you feel superior to them.

I was also being general in my comment, not specifically commenting on guild rules.

I apologize if my views toward your comments are not what you intended for them to be, but saying how I feel is inappropriate because it is "incorrect" just proves my point in my book.

That is not a comment about our differing of opinion, it's a comment about your perceived impression of my attitudes with people on the forum. And I accept your opinion as you are civil about it and have a basic right to question. As Mouse the OP was asking whether you should be allowed to take a room if the person there is AFK. My contention is in an open multi M game, the question is assuming set rules of ownership, be they gentlemanly or otherwise, and that the question really shouldn't have to be asked, because people shouldn't have to be worried about other peoples concept of what fair play and fair looting is.

If tlopo has no ownership rules and rights, then others are setting the rules by proxy. It is fine if people follow that rule for whatever their reasons, but when someone opines that they think such made up rules are oppressive, it doesn't always mean they are rude or insensitive.

Part of what makes a game great is the give and take, accepting in ones own way both sides of the issues.
And not looking at things in a personal way. This forum is a lot like that. People are emotional and let emotions sometime preempt their logic.

If guilds have rules, that's fine. However, if I'm alone and enter a room, now I'm expected to play by the rules of whatever group or guild is already in there. Correct? Thus guild rules are forced on the general public in a way. Does the guild there expect they should all stop because I enter?
No. But do they expect me to ask permission and or act within their guidelines. Yes. If I don't, I'm fairly sure they'll let me know about it. How is that allowing someone to play the game unfettered and fun. I don't have to like it when every time I turn around in a cave or room someone is telling me what to do, or saying I should wait 30 minutes til they're done. This kind of conduct is every single session when I'm in game. Who's being rude there?

I'm not against anybody or any guild. I'm opposed to people imposing their will on the gaming public and resort to guilt trips and such.
And as I said before, this poll did not allow for a clear opposing vote. I tried that with a couple other polls and people just posted whatever they wanted and could not say yes or no and leave it at that.

Nothing is perfect and people can't make everyone happy all the time.
Here's a question for you Simon. If this was a paid monthly sub game, do you think anyone would be able to impose their personal rules on any other?

GL

Last edited:
Speaking of which, that happened to me and my friend today when we were looting. We were looting in the gold room when a guy comes over. I wouldn't have minded too much if he was kind and respectful and asked if it was okay if he and his guild loot with us, but he was just really rude and told us to leave. He then had his guild members tp to him. Soon, there were too many people there for us to loot effectively and have fun, so me and my friend had to move, and we weren't even afk. That one guy and just completely invaded our space without asking.
View attachment 104056
Red was the instigator, blue is my friend, and orange is a guild mate of that one guy (he seemed nice).
Hmmm. That's going to happen with anyone, a minority of time. Not much you could have done there. Why did you move? There was no way to get in a enemy tag decently, so you figured it was a lost cause and moved on?
How do you throw grenades in quick succession? What is he talking about?

Back