[POLL] Should the devs add an option to disable staff effects that may cause the game to slow down?

Should the devs add the option to disable staff effects that may slow down?

• Yes

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

Thomas Daggerbones

Honorable Pirate
Many people get upset about staves slowing down their game. Maybe this could be good way for devs to optimize and give the players more control.

While I agree with the idea, I think an option to disable Voodoo Effects in general would be a greater help to lower performance machines, as Staves can be a pain, but I've personally seen more performance problems come from Voodoo Doll attunement and effects.

TL;DR, yes.

I very much like all the voodoo effects and rarely notice lag from them. I'm sure you must be talking about mass assaults on bosses on the popular server where just about everything results in lag. I think deleting the staff effects would make staves into basically weak blunderbusses, which seems pointless. I'd much rather the developers concentrate their efforts on fixing bugs and changing to 64bit to reduce this issue.

I very much like all the voodoo effects and rarely notice lag from them. I'm sure you must be talking about mass assaults on bosses on the popular server where just about everything results in lag. I think deleting the staff effects would make staves into basically weak blunderbusses, which seems pointless. I'd much rather the developers concentrate their efforts on fixing bugs and changing to 64bit to reduce this issue.
I think the op means staff visuals, which may slow down the game. I don't believe anyone knows what slows tlopo down.

It wouldn't remove the actual effects, just the visual particles and such. It would allow for much faster gameplay.

As mentioned already, maybe give the 64 bit change a chance 1st and then go from there. (If the lag persists still from the use of specifics, then a narrowing down can occur leading to greater understanding).

+1 Great idea, although as misha stated, the problem is heavily from attunement through voodoo dolls, but also from staves. Although this may be something we really need, it can also be something quite hard to code. Who knows! Maybe the devs might surprise us! :D :O

Too add, maybe a way to shut off the sword flashing effects. As it doesn't slow my computer down I heard it does for others.

I wouldn't say specifically "staff effects" since I don't parlais 'big pirate'. but establish a level of visual effects that are unnecessary (and can be turned off) to ease up on the graphics requirements for the game, yes.

Last edited:
Back