POLL ~ The Future of the Forums ('game specific') categories

Which game(s) should the NEW forums showcase or highlight (representing varying needs of all genre)?

• Pirates of the Burning Seas (POTBS) ~

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • Pirates 101 ~

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • Assassins Creed IV - "Black Flag"

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) ~

Votes: 28 38.4%
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) ~

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • The Elder Scrolls Online (TESO) ~

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Guild Wars 2 (GW2) ~

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Rift ~

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Minecraft ~

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Other ~ (please do not include ex-POTCO, new game/emulator projects) Thank You!

Votes: 20 27.4%

• Total voters
S

Shamus The Brute

:ahoy: Ahoy and good day, everyone!

On behalf of the forums planning committee, please take a moment to contribute your opinion(s) to the above POLL.

As a forums member, your participation to the POLL will generate the necessary feedback the planning committee will need in order to decide which ('game specific') categories the NEW forums will provide

If it helps, you may utilize the space below to elaborate further on those opinion(s) you uphold but please remember that all points of discussion must remain on-topic and adhere to the decision-making process.

You should be aware that all data compiled from the POLL itself will be given fair representation. (Note: Those decisions ultimately made will be according to the 'majority' of the results acquired from the POLL).

~ Thank You for your contribution! :D *Please note that if you choose the OTHER option, that you share your opinion below as to which game you would like to be included as well. Thank You again. ~ :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ALL of them :cool:
eecec23b2e1347f25af88b27443e73456cec961af5f0989fb9b8202ed2040f1b.jpg

UPDATE: As a forums member, you have this "freedom" to choose which ever game you would most like to see categorized within the future and as such, your decision can encompass several different gaming genres including, but not limited to:
  • Action games
  • Fighting games
  • Shooter games
  • Strategy games
  • Platform/Console games
  • Role-playing/MMO games
At this particular point, the sky is the limit. All that is required from you is to speak out and voice your opinion(s) concerning those games which most interest you. :)

I voted POTBS and LOTRO. I have tried POTBS somewhat liked it, the only problem is that it doesn't run on my operating systems which is mac.
I voted POTBS and LOTRO. I have tried POTBS somewhat liked it, the only problem is that it doesn't run on my operating systems which is mac.

correction XD I'm a perfectionist :p
- insert - system instead of "systems"

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops... Well I think the forums could have them all. For example, all the POTCO threads could go into an archive forum that people still can post in if they want to talk about POTCO. Additionally, there would be a separate forum for each of the games listed in the poll.

I check anything that was pirate related, including the other option. I think this forums should remain a Pirate based forum. I feel we could highlight the pirate games out there. This option would then allow us to continue to use our PiratesForums.co name, allow us to keep using many of our headers we have, and in general keep all things pirate related, both old and new, alive and well on the forums.

We could continue to have the "Other Games" forum where we could discuss any other games that are not pirate related.

:2 cents:

please vote ESO its a new awesome online game minecraft not an online game but still is fun to play the choice is yours feels like lord of the rings online will win might as well make a new character

Since another remake is not an option. I would recommend LOTRO for there updates and amazing graphics as well as gameplay. It shows not signs of closing and is very fun to play :)

However, only thing I don't like about LOTRO is that it's not a bright "Bright" atmosphere and people don't do many "events" or "Contest" there. We should change that and bring them some POTCO Players there! Savvy?

If single-player games are allowed, I'd say any of these*
-Dragon Age (Origins, 2, Inquisition)
-Mass Effect (1,2,3, MENext)
(ME3 has a multiplayer, but it's more of a wave-based thing and def not an MMO)

If not, then any of these
World of Warcraft
Yea, I don't play many MMOs.

*I also would like Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Jade Empire... but I'm probably the only person here who plays them, so I don't imagine it will happen.

If single-player games are allowed, I'd say any of these*
-Dragon Age (Origins, 2, Inquisition)
-Mass Effect (1,2,3, MENext)
(ME3 has a multiplayer, but it's more of a wave-based thing and def not an MMO)

If not, then any of these
World of Warcraft
Yea, I don't play many MMOs.

*I also would like Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Jade Empire... but I'm probably the only person here who plays them, so I don't imagine it will happen.

I would say we're not strictly bound by multiplayer games, but of course they tend to be the ones with the largest communities and longevity. If a game is popular with people here we would consider it.

Regardless of the games we choose to feature, "other" game discussion is going to become more prominent here, so hopefully over time we'll be able to better gauge interest on what the community is playing.

I think this forums should remain a Pirate based forum. I feel we could highlight the pirate games out there. This option would then allow us to continue to use our PiratesForums.co name, allow us to keep using many of our headers we have, and in general keep all things pirate related, both old and new, alive and well on the forums.

:good post:

Exactly what Kate said! I do believe that staying a pirate-themed Forum is the way to go. Games which are not related to the topic and still be posted to the 'Other Games' category.

I myself, have been playing Pirate101 for quite some time and I have to admit, that it is a very good game. It has many options and possibilities in order to keep you entertained during your leisure time. I would definitely love to share my experiences and spread my adventures alongside with reviewing the "actual" game.

Unfortunately, Ι abandoned it some months ago...but I plan on starting it over in the summer. Just waiting the school examinations to be fully completed in order to get going with the subscription!

;)

Back