(POSSIBLE SPOILERS) Fact Sheet for POTC: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017)

WOW the first part was incredible! and then...... there was some weird humor and a moment where I'm pretty sure Jack Sparrow wasn't being played by Depp........ and the FINAL ADVENTURE......................... no pls no.

That looks awesome. The young Jack threw me off a bit, but cool. I noticed there was no Will or Flying Dutchman in this trailer. Clearly there are a lot of elements to this movie. Final Adventure makes me sad, but hopefully this will be a befitting end.

So we got the basic story...

Salazar was a brutal Spanish captain who hunted down and slaughtered pirates until the crossed paths with a young Captain Jack Sparrow.

That means that it must have been just after Jack obtained the Pearl (Wicked Wench). Curious. Will Barbossa be aboard at that time or after? Jack was only captain of the Black Pearl for a few years before the mutiny.

And something or someone disturbed Salazar or triggered his return. The other trailer showed a British ship entered the cavern and finding the wreck of the Silent Mary.

Returned from the grave, Salazar and his men go back to hunting pirates with Jack being the top of the captain's hit list.

I'm definitely in

"he took everything from me.....and filled me with.......rage"

Rage ghost confirmed :p

rageghost.jpg

Last edited:
I've read that some people were able to see an "early premiere" or "unfinished cut" of the film, so they seem to know everything about what happened in the film. There's a Pirates subreddit where someone made a post 6 months ago claiming they saw the film and answered people's questions. Definitely wasn't a lie since they mentioned young Jack even before the trailer was revealed.

Is anyone aware of this and may know how these so-called early premieres were established?

Disney, like many studios, do test screenings. So, yes it's likely some people have already seen Pirates 5 and given the studio feedback on what works and what doesn't.

I'm not a fan of test screenings because often it can cause films to under major changes that might not have been needed or make them weaker.

Do you guys think the Black Pearl will get back to its normal size? If so then how do you think it will? I feel like maybe this new female character (forgot her name) might be able to help?

Do you guys think the Black Pearl will get back to its normal size? If so then how do you think it will? I feel like maybe this new female character (forgot her name) might be able to help?
It will definitly be in its normal size since I'm pretty sure there was a scene where some of the characters were on it including Gibbs (who was not on the ship when it sunk). Her name is Carina and I'm not sure if she will help or not but it seems reasonable.

Back