Suggestion Post tags

Fr34kC0d3r

Pirate Apprentice
I would like to propose that we use content tags to provide a topic ogerlook of each post

For example,

[Suggestion]
[Request]
[Comment]
[Question]

If anyone thinks this is a good idea feel free to give me some feedback and we can push for this!

Edit: changed title to the brand spanking new post tag!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
[Release Notes] for the TLOPO News and Updates section (If those aren't already tags lol).

^^That leads me to ask: are they just text? If so, is it possible to maybe add a little style to them? Such as this example (from the BFO forums, which are also XenForo)
Post prefixes.PNG

I'm not exactly sure what it takes to style them but I assume it wouldn't be a terribly large task.. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Let me know what you think! :)

[Release Notes] for the TLOPO News and Updates section (If those aren't already tags lol).

I can definitely add this!

^^That leads me to ask: are they just text? If so, is it possible to maybe add a little style to them? Such as this example (from the BFO forums, which are also XenForo)
post-prefixes-png.67958

I'm not exactly sure what it takes to style them but I assume it wouldn't be a terribly large task.. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Let me know what you think! :)

There are preset styles for tags, like the ones shown in your screenshot. It's a simple toggle. If there's enough desire for those to be turned on, it can certainly be done!

I can definitely add this!

There are preset styles for tags, like the ones shown in your screenshot. It's a simple toggle. If there's enough desire for those to be turned on, it can certainly be done!
Neat :D I personally think that a red style would be nice for all the tags to match the forum theme, unless you want them to be differentiated with different colors.

Neat :D I personally think that a red style would be nice for all the tags to match the forum theme, unless you want them to be differentiated with different colors.
I was eyeing the preset red style myself for the same reasons - unless others would like to see more differentiation.

Keep the feedback coming - I'm open to suggestions!

So far I have added Suggestion, Request, and Discussion tags to most of the TLOPO forums and most of the others. I've also expanded pre-existing tags into some of the TLOPO and other game forums as well.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to add them here along with what forums you'd like to see them in.
I think Off Topic could use some tags like the general off topic but I can't think of any so

Side note congrats on 4k msgs

Woah didnt even know that my thread blew up! Thanks for all the constructive feedback. And also thanks to the forum team for helping out!

I was eyeing the preset red style myself for the same reasons - unless others would like to see more differentiation.

Keep the feedback coming - I'm open to suggestions!
Soo... maybe set it to red for now since nobody argued against it? And then be open to opinions after? :) Sorry, I just don't quite like the current text-only tags lol. It's making thread titles look a little strange in my opinion.

Soo... maybe set it to red for now since nobody argued against it? And then be open to opinions after? :) Sorry, I just don't quite like the current text-only tags lol. It's making thread titles look a little strange in my opinion.
Applied red styling to all tags just now. Again, if anyone would like to see variation or any additional tags added, just holler.

Just an FYI, for those wondering, you can apply these tags when creating a new thread. Look beside the "thread title" box for a dropdown of all the tags that are available in the forum that you're posting in.

tags.png

Applied red styling to all tags just now. Again, if anyone would like to see variation or any additional tags added, just holler.

Just an FYI, for those wondering, you can apply these tags when creating a new thread. Look beside the "thread title" box for a dropdown of all the tags that are available in the forum that you're posting in.

View attachment 67964
You rock :D

View attachment 67964

This looks really good! I saw the red tag on a different post I made and they look good! Also is it possible to color each tag differently? If so it could help people who are just eyeing through the forums ID posts faster. If not I still like the red tags.

This looks really good! I saw the red tag on a different post I made and they look good! Also is it possible to color each tag differently? If so it could help people who are just eyeing through the forums ID posts faster. If not I still like the red tags.
Yup, I can change the styling of each tag using the preset options or I can design one myself using CSS. When I get home from work today I may play with these some more and see how they look.

Keep the feedback coming!

Yup, I can change the styling of each tag using the preset options or I can design one myself using CSS. When I get home from work today I may play with these some more and see how they look.

Keep the feedback coming!
Can the "Release Notes" tag in the TLOPO News and Updates section be changed back to red please? Right now it's white, but it looks weird to me since it's the most commonly used tag in that section. Otherwise, the others look fine to me so far :) I'll post again if I have any other concerns. Thanks again! :D

Back