Post your Favorite Internet Browsers

If you Had control over the internet...

• I Would behave with it, Treat it like a baby

• Mess with people

• Other... XD

Results are only viewable after voting.
I used to like Mozilla Firefox until the auto-correcting software built into it "helped me" by changing git to get.
Thanks for messing up a 2,000+ line script with the wrong word you dumb browser!

So now I'm like: Hey, Google Chrome is the best, but I hate the company of Google, so that's a problem.
What am I left with? Safari? Internet Explorer? No, that's why I converted to the type writer that I am using for this comment.

My personal favorite is Firefox nowadays, as well as Brave and the Tor Firefox ESR fork.

I say Firefox because, unlike Chrome, it is less secretive and demanding that you assign it an account; Brave due to it automatically blocking ads and various other trackers whenever you like(also, it uses Chromium under the hood for the Chrome users), and the Tor variant of Firefox ESR for when, ironically given my declaration of being a user of it, anonymity is of utmost priority.

Anyway, that's all from me for now.

I understand. Still, the fact that it has a few elements and also an earlier Chromium version makes it a bit problematic, or at least potentially so.

Though, very well, I guess. My personal choice in terms of everyday browsing is Firefox, though, even with the recent overhaul possibly causing a few immediate problems and such in the name of speed and regaining browser performance compared to Chrome.

I understand. Still, the fact that it has a few elements and also an earlier Chromium version makes it a bit problematic, or at least potentially so.

Though, very well, I guess. My personal choice in terms of everyday browsing is Firefox, though, even with the recent overhaul possibly causing a few immediate problems and such in the name of speed and regaining browser performance compared to Chrome.
Chromium slowed down your computer by having multiple windows in taskbar thats one of the older versions of chrome and if you have it it's bad news for your disk lol but torch doesn't do any of that

Chromium slowed down your computer by having multiple windows in taskbar thats one of the older versions of chrome and if you have it it's bad news for your disk lol but torch doesn't do any of that
Fortunately, I did not when I made the switch. Chrome 53 was when I made the switchover due to the Material Design implementation being eye-straining and just overall not pleasing to look at.

If you haven't seen the new Firefox "Quantum", you should definitely check it out. I've been using it for a few months and I simply can't go back. The old Firefox was ugly and clunky. The new Firefox is completely redesigned and it makes Chrome feel like a step back.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

I keep Chrome installed only because some websites absolutely refuse to load on any other browser. I'm sure Mozilla will find a way around this eventually.

If you haven't seen the new Firefox "Quantum", you should definitely check it out. I've been using it for a few months and I simply can't go back. The old Firefox was ugly and clunky. The new Firefox is completely redesigned and it makes Chrome feel like a step back.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

I keep Chrome installed only because some websites absolutely refuse to load on any other browser. I'm sure Mozilla will find a way around this eventually.
Agreed to some extent, though the sudden extension shift was and still is a problem for devs.

Internet Explorer! Easily the greatest internet browser ever created! Of all time!

Why are you all pointing pitchforks at me?

Please don't hurt me.

Internet Explorer! Easily the greatest internet browser ever created! Of all time!

Why are you all pointing pitchforks at me?

Please don't hurt me.
I will say that IE eventually became one of the most robust browsers to date, but it lags behind in other ways, such as security standard implementations, not having TLS 1.2 encryption support enabled by default, and also not supporting many HTML5 elements compared to its competitors and successor, Spartan— I mean, MS Edge. Still, though, it is something to learn from for the future, as well as one of the last browsers to still support obscure sites and browser games which require the MS Silverlight plugin.

Chrome, however, I've been using Vivaldi a lot more
I also tried Vivaldi for a time, and found its level of customization to be quite promising. However, its pageload speed and the fact that it is still very much in its infancy poses noticeable problems for the fledgling retrofuturistic (in terms of style and familiarity) browser.

Back