Post Your Setup!

Well right now I have a 2008 Dell Hand Crank but i managed to trade the parts up to a squirrel powered processor but im looking to get rather an ironside desktop or an Asus G75 with windows 8, they want you to pay 200 dollars for windows 10 when it's a FREE UPDATE?!?! XD

Well right now I have a 2008 Dell Hand Crank but i managed to trade the parts up to a squirrel powered processor but im looking to get rather an ironside desktop or an Asus G75 with windows 8, they want you to pay 200 dollars for windows 10 when it's a FREE UPDATE?!?! XD
Let me hold you upright there, Ironside is the most over charged computers, even higher hen alienware... If you want a good computer prebuilt I reccomend checking out local shops or even just buying the parts off of pcpartpicker and bringing them into a local shop to be assembled...

That's not bad. Would be better if it was a desktop grade 980 like they're putting in laptops now
lol yeah, well the price for what it is is pretty ridiculous for what I could do with a desktop, I could put a 1080 in that but you know, I only have so much money and I need a laptop for college no exceptions so I thought hey why not, I like it for the design and the rear fans more than anything else.

lol yeah, well the price for what it is is pretty ridiculous for what I could do with a desktop, I could put a 1080 in that but you know, I only have so much money and I need a laptop for college no exceptions so I thought hey why not, I like it for the design and the rear fans more than anything else.
Those 1080s are crazy!!!! I want one so bad but I just got my 980 ti so I'm satisfied

I have a lot of fuzz on my keyboard and screen. ....

computersetup.jpg

Just a double 1080p 24" monitor setup with an Nvidia GTX 960, Intel i7-5820K, 8 gb ddr3 ram, thats about all the important stuff. I've been thinking about upgrading the graphics card soon, but I'll probably have to get a new PSU along with it so haven't looked into it all that much yet.

Last edited:
Just wondering, what are the advantages/disadvantages to having multiple monitors, and tell me a bit about what you can do with them?

Just wondering, what are the advantages/disadvantages to having multiple monitors, and tell me a bit about what you can do with them?
Advantages mostly are only if you do a lot of editing type of things. For me, double monitors are really handy if I'm doing photo editing or video editing, as I can have one full monitor opened to the editor program and the second open to a few files and a browser. Also if you record videos having a second monitor is really useful to have things on screen that wont be in the video but you can still access.

When it comes to playing games double monitors aren't all that useful unless you want to watch some YouTube video while playing some casual game, idk. You can theoretically have a game play across two monitors but most of the time your character will be split right in the middle by two screens. Also displaying a game at that high of a resolution can be more taxing. Triple monitors have all advantages as above plus they are more friendly to playing a game across all 3 screens as your character would be in the middle of the middle screen.

But for the most part multiple monitors are for utility and multitasking.

Back