Post Your Setup!

That's a good looking system!
I have updated my system replacing the case with a NZXT 810 full tower
Replaced the corsair cx750m with a fully modular antec hcp platinum 1000w psu
Got an Atlantic gaming desk and CyberPower 1500VA/900w lcd ups surge protector!

- will be selling my r9 380s if you're interested And replacing them with a single gtx 980 ti View attachment 68211
Love,love,love!!!!!

Advantages mostly are only if you do a lot of editing type of things. For me, double monitors are really handy if I'm doing photo editing or video editing, as I can have one full monitor opened to the editor program and the second open to a few files and a browser. Also if you record videos having a second monitor is really useful to have things on screen that wont be in the video but you can still access.

When it comes to playing games double monitors aren't all that useful unless you want to watch some YouTube video while playing some casual game, idk. You can theoretically have a game play across two monitors but most of the time your character will be split right in the middle by two screens. Also displaying a game at that high of a resolution can be more taxing. Triple monitors have all advantages as above plus they are more friendly to playing a game across all 3 screens as your character would be in the middle of the middle screen.

But for the most part multiple monitors are for utility and multitasking.
I like multiple monitors bc I can play on a screen or do whatever on a screen and see the code on the other. I'm not ther yet , but I've tested out my moms system which has three screens setup. Of course, I'm just showing my son what code looks like and relearning some of it on my own....its just nice to know. Plus, you can see exactly which code is screwing you up or just messed up in general.

I like multiple monitors bc I can play on a screen or do whatever on a screen and see the code on the other. I'm not ther yet , but I've tested out my moms system which has three screens setup. Of course, I'm just showing my son what code looks like and relearning some of it on my own....its just nice to know. Plus, you can see exactly which code is screwing you up or just messed up in general.
Then you know exactly what to tell the developers...instead of them searching to find it

May or may not have 3 monitors now.
6fc765d19b.jpg

New monitor is identical to my portrait one (144hz). 60hz was moved to the top.

6fc765d19b.jpg

my word. how do you do that?? .. what does the setup look like from the back?... and what are those Christmas lights looking things to the right?

how do you do that??
I have a graphics card which allows me to hook up multiple monitors using the same computer.

what does the setup look like from the back?
A mess of cables. ;)

and what are those Christmas lights looking things to the right?
That is an LED strip. My case has a side panel window so I decided to put some LEDs in to make it look pretty.

so are these boxes with the glass panel servers or the computer tower?
They are computer towers.

I have a graphics card which allows me to hook up multiple monitors using the same computer.
A mess of cables. ;)

That is an LED strip. My case has a side panel window so I decided to put some LEDs in to make it look pretty.

wow. that was detailed. thank you lol . my setup has been a laptop for the past 10 yrs lol didn't realize towers could look that cool lol@self.

so if it's a desktop, you need a graphics card to make it not explode? is there a mount thing back there? if i want to have dual monitors for a laptop, could i find a flat screen puter monitor with a hdmi cable to make the magic happen or is there another way to do it?

so if it's a desktop, you need a graphics card to make it not explode?
Hehe, the graphics card just provides some more processing power for games and other graphically intensive programs. You don't absolutely have to have one, but it is nice to have especially for multiple monitors.

is there a mount thing back there?
Yes. The monitor on the left is still on its stand, but I have this VIVO mount which is how I stacked the other two monitors.

if i want to have dual monitors for a laptop, could i find a flat screen puter monitor with a hdmi cable to make the magic happen or is there another way to do it?
Totally! If your laptop has an HDMI port, you could certainly do this. Monitors are plug and play.

A mess of cables. ;)

My tower doesn't have a window :(

no LEDs for me

6fc765d19b.jpg

3 similar monitors in in landscape is where its at if you have the desk space :)..
I must ask though, what is the benefit of having a 2nd landscape above the first? What do you put up there?

I'm looking to probably get a PC for editing since I'm in charge of the school's digital media. Rendering PCs are expensive, so if you guys have any pointers let me know. :p

Here's my setup

I have blue leds but you can't see them i took the pic with my phones camera

My setup is in this link: http://dpaste.com/2VMAXGF

plus my internet speed here: http://imgur.com/VpNzACe

I play mainly, Wow and runescape sometimes i'll play doom 2016

Attachments

• My setup.JPG
    My setup.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 167
Last edited by a moderator:
Back