Post Your Stories Of Your Beginning As A Potco Player

Kate

Pirate Master
As I read more and more threads of the beginnings of some players on POTCO gets me interested on all your interesting stories. I know I may not have the most interesting story as a beginner on POTCO but I would love to hear all of yours.

~~~ Kate Seaspinner ~~~

the whole point of the thread tales and myths is for people to post their story so there are already some there

it's alright Jade look through the whole section that is what this whole thread area is about and Kate no worries everybody has to start somewhere...
biggrin.gif
read around in this series of threads there are some great stories...

Well I guess I may as well start with my story.
I was watching TV when I got a phone call from my best friend saying that she had saw a ad on the TV for this game and that she had made a account and I should try it out. So with all means I tried out POTCO not expecting to be a long member of it. (or yet become unlimited) As I made an account I had met my best friend on there and got friendship she then introduced me to the guild I am now in, Skully's Xbones (and probably my only guild I will have) Well as I played and played that guild soon became like my second family... and made some of the best friends life could possably give me and with that I hope that everyone else has found people that you can trust.

Good luck to Skully Crossbones, Samuel Sword, and all my fellow pirates in Skully's Xobones to help make POCTO a more helping comunity.

hi guys, good to be on the best pirates forums around.

i have been a pirate ever since my family got an unlimited account almost 3 years ago. my brother got me into hawks tallons, a very cool guild. soon i had freinds all over the caribbean. i really liked that guild, the members were so much fun. about a year and a half later the gm got strested out and left the guild and took about 1/3 of it's member with him to start a new guild called diamond dynasty. this really upset me at the time. with no gm i'm sure it died some time ago, RIP hawks tallons. after sulking and being mad for a few weeks i join diamond dynasty. it just wasn't the same anymore. after another year my brother left the guild because of a member that didn't like him and always caused trouble. everyone in the guild was an officer so he couldn't do any thing about it and just left. the funny thing about this is the proublem pirate got termed or booted from the game just a couple of months later. thank you mickey!:piratemickey:lol, funny how things workout at times. a couple of months ago our gm left again, this time leaving the whole game for the star wars game. well the good new was he turned the guild over to a new gm and didn't just dump it to die a slow death. i left that guild a few weeks ago, it just wasn't working form me anymore. being guild less was getting lonely. a friend of mine got me in a new guild last weekend, pixie pyiates. it seems like a small but very good guild so far. life as a pirates is fun once more! well that's my story guys and i'm sticking too it. lol hope to see ya all in the game and having fun.:ahoy: P.S. most friends just call me " spider " short and eazy to type, so please feel free to call me that.

I started about two years ago after my friend told me about this game he said it rocked I didn't belive him but I tryed this game any way I loved it I got so addicted at first I coulden't stop playing I mastered my first pirate within the first year of playing then something happend someone hacked my account at got it termanated I was so mad that didney didn't lison and gie me my account back but I got over it and started the account I have now I am slowly getting closer to mastering my first pirate on this account but I don't play as much as I use to lol. I will tell the story about the pirates next when I get time to write. lol

Unfortinatly I started after they finished the founder thing so I didn't get the cool tag but I have masterd a pirate before. lol
EDIT (Feb 15, 2011 at 9:25 PM):
Anyone else have storyes about when they started pirates?
EDIT (Feb 15, 2011 at 9:29 PM):
Here is the first sentonce on how my pirates potco life was started.

Well it all started when I was rescued by Capy Jack Sparro from jail he tought me how to get out and I have been doing it alot lol any ways this is the start of my story.

Same as you Kate, I did notice an advertisement on television too (probably the same ad). I do remember that several weeks went by before I decided to take a chance one day & initiate a search for the game on the internet.

Having no experience with a MMORPG game ever, it took me two or three weeks (on & off play) to finally understand the game concept & the various chat options.

*LOL. I distinctly remember hanging around the "old" Port Royal a lot. Just to run to Fort Charles took a great lot of effort as you had to run to avoid Navy soldiers, cross the bridge(s), dodge more soldiers again while running uphill (A LONG WAYS for a basic player with skinny legs).

My opinion about the "old" Tortuga still holds true to this day. I like it better the old way. Also, the "old" Tormenta was a place I truly despised, lol.

I remember also the experiences I dealt with belonging to my first couple of guilds - "We The Dragons" (lol) & "Katz Klawz." I left Klawz after a charismatic Officer ran off with my first_mate after she accepted my invitation to join the guild. (Before she joined, we used to stare into each other's 'eyes' under the main PR bridge with our feet soaking wet) ROFL.
Oh, the memories, lol!!! I am so glad a few of them are only temporary :)

Well my real story is that the first time I played it was at my friend's house. He said you'll like this and sure enough I really liked it. Waited a year or two and started my own account and not too long afterwards upgraded to membership.

well it was last may and i was bored because i couldnt go outside because of the flood so i stayed on my computer and just played random games. and i got on this website miniclip.com and saw an ad for POTCO and figured oh ill try it. so i go to the website and read all about the game and whatever then started my account and never owning a gaming system or ever playing a MMORPG i didnt know what to do how to move or swing the sword. i started out as most people do with a basic account. and the first day i played i was asked to join a guild called homie balonie and yes i joined. then after i got to lvl 20 i wanted unlimited and my parents agreed the first thing i did was dump that pile of a guild and made my own guild called the famed outlaws. and i was very proud of it. and it got to a strong 150 people with half being active high lvls. and my trusted co-gm deleted everyone but me and him one night. and i was trying to rebuild with no success. then one day a man by the name of jack darkstealer walked up and said hey join my guild and i sadly left. but i joined and this guy turned out to be really really weird so then i quit and hopped from guild to guild ( a horrible habit that i have now broken ). and finally i settled in the dark warlords and became a veteran and this guild was the best but then our GM shipwrecker sadly quit POTCO for WOW. then i tried to make another guild and i called it the cursed outlaws. and as i was recruiting on abassa tortuga (a.k.a bad place) i was just waiting when a man named camber said hey how about we merge our guilds together and make one guild. and at first i said no but after not guilding one person i said ya know what guild me and he said ok. and he said he would make me co-gm if i proved myself worthy. so isaid yes and after running arons for him and the guild i was made officer and made co-gm and very proud of it. but it became over-ran and we started at least 3 of the guilds. and now i am the very proud GM of THE PROPHECY. and i will always be very proud wether the guild is small or not!

Wow you guys got some good stories.

Well ok. So i think i was on disney online, this was a long time ago, and I saw it and decided to try it out. All i remember is sailing xD . Eventually though, i forogt about it and stopped playing. Then a few years later i started it again, and told my sister about it. then i was basic and decideded to take it up a notch and asked my parents about being unlimited and they gave me an annual membership. So i came across a GM of a guild called Baratarians: Rage. He invited me to guild. It may have been a small guild, with low levels but it was a great guild. And then we created a new guild and it was made up of new and old recruits. A few months later, some drama came up in the guild and thats when my sister and I left that guild. We had some friends from a guild named McLucky. My sister had briefly been with them. So then we joined that guild. It is also a great guild. We are a bit stronger in level sizes, and a fairly big guild. I love the guild all the people in it are nice. Thats my story.

and now i am the very proud GM of THE PROPHECY. and i will always be very proud wether the guild is small or not!

LOVE it!
excited.gif

And I didn't know that Famed Outlaws was yours ... I've met somebody from that guild before, and I thought that name was cool!

i got in the game a few months after it started, saw an add on tv durning a nascar race and tried it later that day. the first month or so i was a loner and just kepted to myself doing the quest things. then i met a pirate named jeremiah hookwalker and things changed. he had a guild called hawks tallons that i joined and over night i had hundereds of freinds in the game. this made for a lot more fun. the first strong guild contest that i remember was the summer of 2009. jeremiah, myself and others in the guild ranked very hard and in the end we came out in 5th place. great day for our guild. really wish i had some screen shots of back then, but didn't even know you could take them. came to spania last spring, a good move for sure as hawks tallons are no more and my old friend hookwalker has left the game. priscilla and spider are about all thats left from the old days and are still active to this day.
flag.gif

i got in the game a few months after it started, saw an add on tv durning a nascar race and tried it later that day. the first month or so i was a loner and just kepted to myself doing the quest things. then i met a pirate named jeremiah hookwalker and things changed. he had a guild called hawks tallons that i joined and over night i had hundereds of freinds in the game. this made for a lot more fun. the first strong guild contest that i remember was the summer of 2009. jeremiah, myself and others in the guild ranked very hard and in the end we came out in 5th place. great day for our guild. really wish i had some screen shots of back then, but didn't even know you could take them. came to spania last spring, a good move for sure as hawks tallons are no more and my old friend hookwalker has left the game. priscilla and spider are about all thats left from the old days and are still active to this day. :flag:

Hey Nascar! Woot! lol

Back