Potc Armada of the darned

Do you wish Disney would finish the game?

• Yes!!!!!!!

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • Yes!

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • sure

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • don't care

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • no

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • NO!!!!

• NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Total voters

Hector wargull

Site Founder
I know this game probobly will never come out, but it looks so beast! it was one of the worst mistakes Disney ever made when they cancelled it.:sad1: So post what ye think about it

As I understand it, the game was cancelled on account of Disney making the decision to allocate the game's personnel and resources to the "Tron" gaming effort which, unfortunately, became a huge flop in light of the overall sacrifice which was made to assure that game's success.

I don' know too much (nor have I looked) into the specific rating for "Armada of the darned" but as an outsider looking in at the game, it does look to have the advantage over POTCO in that players are not totally subjected to civilized pirate role-playing :daggermouth: but rather, can experience more authenticity as a gamer playing his/her own pirate.

Simply put, "Armada of the darned" seems to be geared more towards an older audience...which, in my opinion, solves a lot of issues when you look closer at some of the challenges faced in providing new content within POTCO.

As I understand it, the game was cancelled on account of Disney making the decision to allocate the game's personnel and resources to the "Tron" gaming effort which, unfortunately, became a huge flop in light of the overall sacrifice which was made to assure that game's success.

I don' know too much (nor have I looked) into the specific rating for "Armada of the darned" but as an outsider looking in at the game, it does look to have the advantage over POTCO in that players are not totally subjected to civilized pirate role-playing :daggermouth: but rather, can experience more authenticity as a gamer playing his/her own pirate.

Simply put, "Armada of the darned" seems to be geared more towards an older audience...which, in my opinion, solves a lot of issues when you look closer at some of the challenges faced in providing new content within POTCO.
plus the combat looks way more beast. Disney really should finish this game and release it

plus the combat looks way more beast. Disney really should finish this game and release it
I don't pretend to know too much about the situation but, it is my understanding that the game itself was scrapped (meaning they will never return back to it). I could be wrong though. Like I said, I haven't looked into the project with much fervor but...I slightly recall something along the lines that the developers for the game were pushed onto the Tron project and then possibly "laid off" after that. Disney Interactive Studios was responsible for each. :confused:

Someone should look into this...inorder to find out for sure. :)

I don't pretend to know too much about the situation but, it is my understanding that the game itself was scrapped (meaning they will never return back to it). I could be wrong though. Like I said, I haven't looked into the project with much fervor but...I slightly recall something along the lines that the developers for the game were pushed onto the Tron project and then possibly "laid off" after that. Disney Interactive Studios was responsible for each. :confused:

Someone should look into this...inorder to find out for sure. :)
like i said, it probobly won't come out, but there is a small chance Disney may someday release it. very small though

It would of been nice to see the game finished. Yet I can't help but feel that POTCO was the reason why it was never finished...

All this video did was give me another reason to hate Disney. I would fully be in favor of ceasing all Potc operations in order to start this project.

On a side note maybe this could still come out. Games take a long time to make. I was one of the test gamers for Defiance and that was over 2 years ago and it's just a console game. So a online game might take quite a while.

this would be a yes!!!! for me as we havenet had a good potc game since... well since bethesda and that wasnt even done nor was it rly potc. Yea I know were all thinking it so im just gonna come out and say it potco has gotten boring, its one of the many reasons why I barely come on anymore.

This would be correct in all counts, the biggest problem with potco is keeping content at an E10 rating while still trying to be based off of the movies which are PG13. Sad to say it looks as though us pirate fans will never get a true and fun pirate RPG.

UPDATE: New "investigative" journalism (article) below explaining what had happened, who was involved, and the continuing mystery that fuels speculation - even to this day - as to why Disney had decided to cancel Armada of the darned. :flag:
  • http://bitbrick.wordpress.com/2014/02/05/the-unfinished-mystery-of-pirates-of-the-caribbean-armada-of-the-darned/

Simply put, "Armada of the darned" seems to be geared more towards an older audience...
If you spend some time watching the ^ above trailer, you may quickly begin to understand why Armada was likely cancelled.

Not too long ago in 2013 (before POTCO was cancelled), Disney CEO - Robert Iger - cracked down on those types of intellectual properties Disney had owned which were considered "too violent" or not suitable according to the Disney standard whom primary focus is to cater to both family and kids.

*Now let's say that "Armada of the darned" was alive and well today and was not shuttered by Disney, I am taking a HUGE guess here but...I feel that Armada would have likely been singled-out for cancellation by Iger (perhaps more so than any other DIMG 'game') as far as gaming content not parallel according to Disney's own corporate image and standard.

To shed further light upon this subject, below are a few paragraphs I took from this article that was written recently explaining (in so many words) that Disney's own corporate policy/values do in fact limit the amount of success they can achieve through DIMG (with the exception 'of course' being Disney Infinity).

As Business Insider Kirsten Acuna points out, Disney Interactive’s huge problem is failing to cater to the right target audience. How can a company pick their revenue up when their sales are suffering due to the wrong focus? Although Disney has success with children, Disney Interactive is pushing out games like Epic Mickey, Cars 2, and Lego Pirates of the Caribbean. While these games are for a younger audience, this audience doesn’t have the bucks to spend on overpriced video games.

Popular video games such as Halo or Grand Theft Auto are wildly successful because they’re targeted to an older audience that has interest in the adult themes. Most importantly, they also have the bucks to spend on these games, and odds are they’re going to chuck Cars 2 for Grand Theft Auto every time.

I think this game would've been a great addition to the series, they only made like one I think pirates of the carribean games (deads man chest) which I played which was IMPOSSIBLE to beat, I only got halfway then quit. this game would've quickly taken off if they released it, as for Disney standards, I think personally its up to the parents whether they let their kids play it or not just like COD and BF4 and GTA

They invested into a game and movie (tron) that LOST them money instead of releasing this, it always puzzled me as to why they never made any more POTC games... I personally think that POTC was one of the more successful parts in Disney but that's just my opinion.

Also I doubt they just scrapped the game, the game was practically made, so I think its still floating around Disney somewhere.

Cheers,
~Will

Ever made a (personal) decision or mistake which later, lead ye to "regret?" :confused: Well...I hope that Disney regrets the decision they had made with Armada because this game could have been BEAST (plain and simple)!
UPDATE: "The Faithful Bride" and... "Idols?"
:flag1:

:xbones:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow just saw this older thread. Looks like those devs or trailer producer/artist took everything from everything. Some mortal combat, assassin creed, WOW and even Tomb raider. But the video trailers are high bit graphics meant to look like a game. I think it was an example of what it could be.

Back