POTCO..... and what it means (to me) Pt. 1

Alvis

Honorable Pirate
(NOTE: THIS IS A SATIRE THREAD. Do not take anything here literally, this is more of POTCO in a nutshell, nothing against the devs, or pointing out bugs in the game, just poking fun at the flaws/pros of POTCO, and giving the game a little first person perspective. This is BEFORE THE UPDATED TUTORIAL FOR THE ORIGINAL POTCO, some references may not seem familiar.) Also, it's been awhile since I've done one of these, and thought I'd try this method and layout. Lemme know what you think. This is more of a.... realistic view of what we're doing throughout our main adventure with Jack and co. Like if we were in those machines in Avatar and took over our pirate's bodies.

Starting off on Rambleshack island, not knowing how you nor Jack arrived. Jack, not seeming alarmed, takes off after letting you out. You go out to Doggeral Dan, grab your Sea Chest, and head out to Bo Beck, and decides to change into his skeleton halloween costume on the trip. You swim for hours on end, till you finally reach Port Royal. The events that unfold are.....untold.

Part 1: Always the Jack's Maid
I am a pirate. I have done bad things to bad people, if you consider the Brits bad people. Being in jail is one thing, having a weird haired dude who rambles on and on help you escape jail and then vanish into nothing is another. More importantly, I am unarmed on the main capital of my enemy, Port Royal. This strange light coming from the sky shines down on this old warehouse, that looks like it's been abandoned. Might as well check it out. Walking in, I'm already being threatened. Luckily, the lady haired man who drew his sword at me puts it away, and says I'm "Jack's friend", whatever that means, as long as it keeps me alive. Next thing I know I just sawed a dummy in half, and got a strange glowing yellow light around me. The lady haired man, named Will, attempts to teach me a move that makes me trip over my own feet. After seeing him do it, I say my thank yous and try to get out. He stops me, and warns me I'll need more than a sword to beat Jolly Roger. What is the reason for that? Is he going to be suddenly immune to swords at one point or what? And who the crud is Jolly Roger? Oh yeah....
It's lunchtime. While walking to the nearest pub with no cash on hand, I get stopped by a navy cadet. He recognizes my face and attempts to.... stab me with his gun. Even though I can only stand there stunned for a moment, wondering when he's gonna actual fire the rifle he has, I just hack and slash him a few times, then he just falls down. I found 5 gold and.... a Jade Toe Ring in his pockets. Whatever gives me enough to eat, I guess. The ring magically changes into 25 gold upon touching. Last thing I find... release orders for something called the Black Pearl (yes, i know this is out of order, but oh well). He really must love clams. After grabbing a quick bite, I head up a hill, and see this giant house. But, a ray of light caught my eye. It was pointed at... a walking skeleton. After singing "Spooky Scary Skeletons" in my head a few times, I went over and stabbed him in the chest 37 times. Then walked into the jungle, and got greeted by this voodoo woman who was wearing a dress only on her lower half of her torso. Literally. She plays pirate dice with crabs, says some stuff about destiny, and says I have to do my part. Maybe I should lay off rum for awhile. Or at least, she definatly does.
Noticing it's getting late, I headed up to that huge house I saw earlier. I saw a pretty lass enter, so I followed. Not creepy at all. Thinking of my pick up line, she abruptly says I'm Jack's protege. Who. Is. Jack. What is the Pearl? I did not sign up for this (I kinda did, actually). At least I won't get killed by the Navy now, because of those release orders I picked up earlier. Also, I get a free boat. Nice. Finally, a bed to lay in. After obtaining my beauty, the Immortal Phoenix, I went into the cabin, and took a nice snooze. I'd need it. The next day, things just got more weird.

Back