Potco is Closed again

I agree!! But even so, I still think that POTCO's staff is getting way too much flak from this, I'm sure they were being bombarded by "release it early" emails and decided that they wanted to show it to the live population by releasing it (maybe even if it's still buggy). Yes.. I agree that it still needs a lot of work, but I find it unfair that people are complaining first that it takes too long to release Ship Customization, and when they try to release it early, people complain about how buggy it is.

I think the best to remind that "gaming" is not one of Disney's major sources of revenue, therefore I'd assume that they have a very small staff and a lower budget for working on online games like these.

James yes it is unfair BUT this isnt the first time disney has done this. I am a consumer and you are a consumer as well as everyone else. When i buy a steak from a steakhouse and i say i want it cooked medium. That steak better come out medium or im going to complain. It is the same thing with this, but we didn't ask for it disney shot the idea themselves.

When the update or any other one is released i expect some glitches but when it comes out with so many glitches that a it could end world hunger there is something wrong. (Just like if my steak comes out mooing im gonna be mad.) Big business or the little shack burrito sales men i expect it to be top notch. I am a consumer when i want something and i dont get what i paid for im taking business elsewhere. (If it takes way to long) That is why people are complaining.

James yes it is unfair BUT this isnt the first time disney has done this. I am a consumer and you are a consumer as well as everyone else. When i buy a steak from a steakhouse and i say i want it cooked medium. That steak better come out medium or im going to complain. It is the same thing with this, but we didn't ask for it disney shot the idea themselves.

When the update or any other one is released i expect some glitches but when it comes out with so many glitches that a it could end world hunger there is something wrong. (Just like if my steak comes out mooing im gonna be mad.) Big business or the little shack burrito sales men i expect it to be top notch. I am a consumer when i want something and i dont get what i paid for im taking business elsewhere. (If it takes way to long) That is why people are complaining.
Or that magic thing called "Patience" :rolleyes:

The point of what I said was that it's impossible to please everyone. It seem as if the majority of the people here on forums agree that Disney should smooth everything out before releasing, but a lot of my friends on-game have been complaining for months now that Ship Customization hasn't come out yet. While we may be complaining about how it was released unfinished, I'm sure some others (who have no test access and don't use wiki/forums to learn about Ship Customization) were pretty happy to get a taste of what this update was.

Honestly, we asked for ship customization. We got what we wanted, and it's buggy, yes, but they're getting there, and people are missing the fact that that's what's important. Patience.

He said the update should of stayed on test even longer. I don't think he is complaining that the game is closed, more because D messed up with the early, immature release.
I think we can all agree they always release stuff earlier then they should resulting in various glitches.. Then again its always something with Disney...

James I understand your point very well. But ask this to yourself. Do you think the pressure on the developers was greater back when the update was still on test or now that once again messed up? I don't have anything against them. Change the scenario a bit. You developed a product and threes a high demand on it. The product however seems to have a lot of potential but its not great. Once people find this out, do you think will be happy or will they come back for a refund because they find out its not what they wanted. In reality this does seem like it was an early release just before the Christmas break to get people to subscribe. It wasn't ready on test therefore how could of it been ready for live? They cant let players make them make early bad decisions. Better do whats right and in the end it's more likely that everyone will be happy.

James I understand your point very well. But ask this to yourself. Do you think the pressure on the developers was greater back when the update was still on test or now that once again messed up? I don't have anything against them. Change the scenario a bit. You developed a product and threes a high demand on it. The product however seems to have a lot of potential but its not great. Once people find this out, do you think will be happy or will they come back for a refund because they find out its not what they wanted. In reality this does seem like it was an early release just before the Christmas break to get people to subscribe. It wasn't ready on test therefore how could of it been ready for live? They cant let players make them make early bad decisions. Better do whats right and in the end it's more likely that everyone will be happy.
^ Thank you were not bad mouthing disney or the developers were just saying that it could of been less glitchy and they wouldn't of got as much of complaints if they kept it in test a while longer. That's all.

And I see it that way also, you're right. I agree with everyone else that the idea of releasing it early was a big screw-up from start to finish, but what's done is done, and hopefully (it's a stretch.. but hopefully), they won't manage this the same way next time.

I can't help but feel some sympathy for the Developers though, they failed management this time, but they tried.

Reactions: LEO
And I see it that way also, you're right. I agree with everyone else that the idea of releasing it early was a big screw-up from start to finish, but what's done is done, and hopefully (it's a stretch.. but hopefully), they won't manage this the same way next time.

I can't help but feel some sympathy for the Developers though, they failed management this time, but they tried.
Yes and i do feel sympathy for them as well. But, i dont think the developers failed management. I think management told them get it done BEFORE christmas. Causing them to rush and make mistakes. This isnt the developers fault. This is Management pushing them to hard. With an impossible deadline. This is DISNEY's fault, not the developers.

Yes and i do feel sympathy for them as well. But, i dont think the developers failed management. I think management told them get it done BEFORE christmas. Causing them to rush and make mistakes. This isnt the developers fault. This is Management pushing them to hard. With an impossible deadline. This is DISNEY's fault, not the developers.

My sentiment, I'm sorry if I didn't clarify that earlier. I completely agree. :)

I doubt Disney knows its even funding this game... (or at least thats what it seems..)

Impossible deadline? If I recall correctly, back in September or whenever the first video of Ship Customization was released, it said after testing, it would be released in a few weeks or so. That lead us to believe we'd get it about this time last month, when we should have. If Disney really couldn't have handled it, they should have pushed the release to January, You know how the old saying goes: "Don't bite off more than you can chew."

I just how that this early release isn't influenced by "Time is money". It would be a great mistake if they passed it to live just so people can subscribe over the Christmas break.

Impossible deadline? If I recall correctly, back in September or whenever the first video of Ship Customization was released, it said after testing, it would be released in a few weeks or so. That lead us to believe we'd get it about this time last month, when we should have. If Disney really couldn't have handled it, they should have pushed the release to January, You know how the old saying goes: "Don't bite off more than you can chew."
Richard whats your point? That video said a few weeks back when we had ships sliding and people disappearing. If disney made that release last month they would of had to strip the whole game. Either your agreeing with my impossible deadline or your re opening this subject. Richard this was an impossible deadline, and your "Don't bite off more then you can chew." does not fit. Here's why, if disney said they wanted it done by last month those developers would of been forced to get it done. Here's the real meaning of that statement. It is done by someone who offers to do it. Volunteering to be exact. When your given a task by an employer who signs your check at the end of the week, its not an option. They weren't eating they were being force fed so people would buy the membership. Disney is ALL about the money. I don't bad mouth, I set the record straight.

Found a new glitch
xbir9v.png
See that the sun that shows you were to go for your quests is off the compass (Circled in Red)

In reality this does seem like it was an early release just before the Christmas break to get people to subscribe. It wasn't ready on test therefore how could of it been ready for live? They cant let players make them make early bad decisions. Better do whats right and in the end it's more likely that everyone will be happy.

I "bolded" the point to which I agree (but then again_disagree as well) pertaining to this issue:D .

In agreement with a lot of you, I do feel that the timing of the release was synchronized on purpose just before this Christmas holiday. However, can we really blame them?

Think about it. If your in the business of making money, what better way to "market" your product & creative capability (no matter how 'glitchy' it may currently remain) than to do something as monumental as they did at a time when many gamers across the country (& the world) will be available as a result of experiencing Christmas break for at least a minimum of a week or two.

Perhaps (as Silent Warrior pointed out), "management" at Disney may have very well pushed to have this release being made with the hope that the short term gains would far outweigh the risk of something not working entirely perfect on POTCO. Strategizing in this way, Disney might in fact believe that TIME is somewhat on their side as they seek to "squash" evolving ship customization bugs &/or glitches while at the same time...providing a monumental, (game) developing change to attract attention to their product (whether it be in the form of additional membership subscriptions or the creation of 'future' demand overall for POTCO).

Admist all of the discussion & debates made here on the forums concerning Disney :piratemickey:, everyone needs to just take a moment, sit down, take 3 "deep breaths," & remind themselves that (unfortunately) the driving force behind just about every decision made is for them to promote their product.

Back