Potco not working?

SmashPOTCO

Sea Legs
So, as everyone know, potco has been having some major connections problems. But earlier today I was playing, and my wifi went down. I shut down my computer and a few hours later I came back on. When I clicked on the launcher it doesn't load, and never goes to the log-in page. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but no luck. Any solutions?

Have you tried clearing your cache, making sure your wifi is functioning properly both on your computer and at the router/modem, and trying to access the launcher from the 'official' launcher link within the game files? (Located in the C drive at > Program Files (x86 if you running 64-bit) > Disney > Disney Online > PiratesOnline > "Launcher1")

If you can't find a solution after while your best shot at help is contacting the Pirates Online support team...

Have you tried clearing your cache, making sure your wifi is functioning properly both on your computer and at the router/modem, and trying to access the launcher from the 'official' launcher link within the game files? (Located in the C drive at > Program Files (x86 if you running 64-bit) > Disney > Disney Online > PiratesOnline > "Launcher1")

If you can't find a solution after while your best shot at help is contacting the Pirates Online support team...
Ok, ill try that. Thanks for the input!Alright, it turns out I cant clear my cache. I don't think potco is installing right or updating right. The only files it has in the PiratesOnline folder is the internet shortcut, the application, and a bunch random text documents (launcher-numbers_numbers). No cache file, no screenshot folder, no phase files. Every I click on the launcher, another launcher file is added. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it didn't uninstall correctly the first time. I'm not sure if this will work but you can try to physically delete all the game files and then reinstall.

I'd do a restore point save or something before you did that, though ;)

Maybe it didn't uninstall correctly the first time. I'm not sure if this will work but you can try to physically delete all the game files and then reinstall.

I'd do a restore point save or something before you did that, though ;)
So you mean, delete all the launcher text documents, or the whole disney file. I think I have tried deleting the whole Disney file.

The launcher and/or POTCO process is still running hidden on your computer, most likely. You need to shut these down, because while the launcher is open you cannot open it again.

• To do this simply press "Ctrl, Alt, Delete" at the same time on your keyboard.
  • A screen will pop-up, select "Start Task Manager."
  • This window will pop up on your desktop.
taskmanager.PNG
  • First select the "Processes" tab.
  • Secondly find Launcher1.exe
  • Right click it and select "End Process"
  • It will say do you want to end this process, blah blah blah, select "End Process" again.
  • However the POTCO Process could still be running and taking up memory on your computer.
  • If you see a Pirates_Online.exe follow the above steps to close it.
Hope this helps! :D

ive had this problem before oh and how come sometimes u try to log on and it wont load to the charcter screen and it will say potco has encountred an error

Back