POTCO Offical Site Being Removed.

Charles Warmonk

Wiki Staff
Hello everyone! - Just found out by going to http://piratesonline.go.com/ aka POTCO Official site. You can slowly see the page is being removed from the Disney site and it's option bar on the Disney main page. Also by clicking the link you can see that there is no POTCO designed borders that used to be around the page. There are still a lot of talk and of course all rumors of POTCO coming back in 2 years. However, seeing that Disney is slowly removing the site says differently. Honestly, I see not chances of POTCO returning even if the movie make huge amount of money.

Comment what you think of this and if you think POTCO is coming back.

Sad to say I don't think there is any chance of POTCO coming back :( I don't think it will even come back if the 5th Pirates of the Caribbean movie came out and was a huge success. When I saw the POTCO Official site my heart just broke in half... I wish they could have just left it as it was in memory of the game but I guess the Walt Disney company doesn't care.

I don't get why they would just remove the images and other stuff, and keep the rest of it up. 6-10 jpg images and a little HTTP code surely doesn't take up that much server space. Why not just remove it all at once? Maybe they felt images on the site showed a little too much of the brilliant game they failed to keep open. Disney of course doesn't want a site for a game that they failed, to look "official."

Indeed - I think it's just matter of trying to delete all official look of it first before removing it completely to make the closer look "Better" for there company. Well said Bart.

I don't know that removing the official site is a particularly "evil" move on Disney's part, they are merely "moving on to other things", and closing the site, evidently, is a part of whatever plans they have.

Think about what happens on here, on the Forums. Take the inflammatory threads about hacking. What happened in almost all of those discussions? They essentially went away, though mostly due to our fabulous Moderators and Administrators (for which I was and am intensely grateful for) shutting them down, and people moved on to other things. The threads and the content weren't forgotten, but people moved on to other discussions.

Now I am not attempting to defend Disney, I am merely pointing out that Disney's focus is not on what we, as shipwrecked pirates, are focusing on.

P.S. Even if they did make "Another POTCO", I highly doubt they would use the same official site from a previous MMO that failed. Also, remember (this is most likely a P.P.S., but whatever) that most times when something fails, something better is awaiting if one looks for it.

To be quite BRUTALLY honest, I don't see POTCO coming back from Disney, neither being reconstructed as another game such as the NewPOTCO project (POL) and POTHS. I dont see it coming anytime soon as games takes thousands of dollars and may years even if the money is made instantaneously. There is still things to account for such as bugs and glitches, especially with the most simplest of online things. Back on topic, POTCO is not coming back, and we know it. If Disney does in fact bring it back, it will most likely be rebranded and removed of a few things so they can update it again so new new players in 2-4 years time who are of age enough to play it can see an updated game. Even so, it would have to have better gaphics as many games are acquiring better graphics. Not only that but it may not be as successful as some people, even on these very forums, would protest against the game's revival and changes and would take away more from what made POTCO the game it was.

thomas paine once said "people are acustomed to closing their eyes and ignoring the truth instead of fighting for whats right" this quote plays a role all too well in our current situation. disney is not simply going to just decide to reopen the game, if we want anything done we need to live by the word of one of the most influental individuals that built our country. take up arms against disney (metaphoricaly of course, i am talking to a bunch of pirates) and convince them that pirates is not a waste and deserves a chance and the proper care to keep it running. i dont know how to get people to hear what im trying to say but if you people care as muc about this game as i do you will hear me out. it doesnt matter how daunting a task may seem it is never a lost cause and their is always a chance. this country was founded on the exact same values, one small group going up against an empire. it is these values that seem to run hot threw my veins and give me hope that they still apply. i need people to be with me though. please dont disreguard my words and join me, help me get what everyone here wants more than anything, help get our realm back.

Back