POTCO Offical Site Being Removed.

...it doesnt matter how daunting a task may seem it is never a lost cause and their is always a chance...i need people to be with me though. please dont disreguard my words and join me, help me get what everyone here wants more than anything, help get our realm back.
I do so appreciate your enthusiasm. ;) *Such boldness is exactly what POTCO needed from someone these last few years. However (and I do mean this with the utmost respect), you must become aware of Disney's trends towards the market and the gaming industry as a whole.

*POTCO, Toontown, and Pixie Hollows were each closed because of their gaming platform; the MMO platform was downplayed, and downplayed "bad." Only in consideration to Disney's infatuation with Club Penguin was the MMO platform allowed to continue on as it were. Otherwise, Disney and Disney Interactive have brainwashed themselves into thinking that mobile and social gaming alone can fuel their damaged (gaming) past. If you take into consideration Disney Infinity as well then, you will begin to understand that the Mouse is looking beyond it's past.

However, I appreciate your desire to make a difference for POTCO. *With any luck, perhaps someday they might just listen to a few of their customers. :)

I don't hate Disney (Or anyone for that matter) I pity them... - They missed a huge opportunity to makes "Millions" on POTCO and blew it away for apps. Honestly, Disney made all it's money off the love and dreams kids and people put into it's games and the amazing people who shared it with family, friends and it's amazing atmosphere. Now they are trying to make Disney like Xbox and relying more on the gaming then the people witch was Disney's trump card to gaming. Now there just going downhill everyday.

R.I.P POTCO..... I feel sorry for and pity Disney so much :/

I do so appreciate your enthusiasm. ;) *Such boldness is exactly what POTCO needed from someone these last few years. However (and I do mean this with the utmost respect), you must become aware of Disney's trends towards the market and the gaming industry as a whole.

*POTCO, Toontown, and Pixie Hollows were each closed because of their gaming platform; the MMO platform was downplayed, and downplayed "bad." Only in consideration to Disney's infatuation with Club Penguin was the MMO platform allowed to continue on as it were. Otherwise, Disney and Disney Interactive have brainwashed themselves into thinking that mobile and social gaming alone can fuel their damaged (gaming) past. If you take into consideration Disney Infinity as well then, you will begin to understand that the Mouse is looking beyond it's past.

However, I appreciate your desire to make a difference for POTCO. *With any luck, perhaps someday they might just listen to a few of their customers. :)
i completely understand your angle and i take no disrespect at all, yes the gaming platform may be a little out of date, people now days just want to be able to have everything on a phone or tablet, but the reason numbers dropped was because of advertising, they quit advertising about 2 or 3 years ago and when that happened i watched the numbers slowly drop, they cut servers, and before i knew it we could barely keep abassa ideal. their are plenty of games on the very same platform that are doing excellent, wizard/pirate 101 are doing good and i personaly have been playing sony's freerealms for about 4 or 5 years and they are still doing just as good as the day i started. the reason being because they advertise. now i will say pirates always did have kind of a dated system as far as chat controls and just an over all clumsy and old feel. but instead of closing what should have happened was expansion and a complete update. in all my years on their (basicaly the begining of the game) i never saw any change in the systems. which brings me to my proposal which is to relaunch the game and add mobile apps to it. my specific idea was to make things like potion brewing and ship repairing and fishing all accesable on a phone or tablet as well as even a mobile chat because i dont know about you but i was very close with me mates and was always chatting. these are all things that could drag the game into 2013. i have no intentions of making a proposal with no plan to back it up. i do believe in the cause with great passion and i ask for nothing but the support of my fellow pirates.

...i do believe in the cause with great passion and i ask for nothing but the support of my fellow pirates.
:good post:- And you have my support!

2b60f7de81f7c709ff7d255c2e841994.jpg

You guys are great, fighting like true pirates till the death, even to the death of this topic, lol. ;)

If you feel so angered still, now 5 weeks after the closing, put your rage to use and send Disney more hate mail for what they've done. Who knows, maybe it will get into the right hands some day, and they may see what loyal, passionate pirates we all were, and realize they made a huge mistake.

You guys are great, fighting like true pirates till the death, even to the death of this topic, lol. ;)

If you feel so angered still, now 5 weeks after the closing, put your rage to use and send Disney more hate mail for what they've done. Who knows, maybe it will get into the right hands some day, and they may see what loyal, passionate pirates we all were, and realize they made a huge mistake.
Yes! That's why I created this post to not only inform the POTCO community, but encage as will as to remind everyone of there true roots as what you will always be.... Savvy Smashbulking pirates of the Caribbean! :bang:

Removing what's left of Potco is what they need to do. We can't eat a fine meal and expect the waitress to leave the dirty plates on the table. :p

And... when we eat at a fine restaurant, being served a fine meal, we expect a waitress who will take all of the dirty plates at once. Not to take her time in doing so, and not even take all of the dirty plates that are on the table.

And... when we eat at a fine restaurant, being served a fine meal, we expect a waitress who will take all of the dirty plates at once. Not to take her time in doing so, and not even take all of the dirty plates that are on the table.
Yesss! Someone gets it ;) lol. No crumbs should be left behind. Ahhhh I love analogies.

i wouldnt call it hate mail have you ever heard the term you catch more flies with honey than vinnegar? its the same concept. i find you get alot further and alot more results when you handle things as mature as possible and show them we can be more than just savage pirates lol the thing that makes a good pirate is their sense of reason and of course bargaining skill. i am simply proposing a plan to them. now with that being said if you guys would like to do your part i ask not for fowl language but for reasonability and assertion. their is a questions and concernes area on disneys gaming site if anyone would like to make contact and share their opinion.

i wouldnt call it hate mail have you ever heard the term you catch more flies with honey than vinnegar?

Understood, in most cases, but not at this point. I only used the term "hate mail" because of what Disney did, and how they did it. There's no point in trying to "sugar coat" anything with them. Disney deserves and needs the hate at this point, because our kindness and patience did nothing if you recall.
I was just saying it for the sake of the many people that are still upset over the game closing. I've moved on, but am happy to help my friends if they launch an attack, lol.

:3 Love how everyone is replying to this discussion. May I make a point and ask you your point of view. Some people say telling me that they think Disney is taking off all POTCO activity for Disney to "Remodel" POTCO and bring it back 2015- 2016. Of course this is just "RUMOR" it's still a point of view to discuss. Also, if not that another "group" is saying there making an effort to "sell" POTCO to a company much like or "EA games".

What are you thoughts for the games future or "HOW" It became like it is. From what the information I've gather, Infinity was a LARGE failure and resulted in cut spending of Disney operations such as "Online Games" POTCO, Toontown and Pixy Hallow.

Like, Reply and discuss! :fight1:

I've heard that infinity sold 1,000,000 sets so far, not sure if that is good or not. They said they are counting on the holiday sales to help. But even if Infinity sales tank I don't think they will return to online worlds like POTCO. Now, maybe there is a chance that POTCO could be sold to another company to run and Disney make a piece of the profits, I'm going to hope for that scenario to play out.....
:drink:

I've heard that infinity sold 1,000,000 sets so far, not sure if that is good or not. They said they are counting on the holiday sales to help. But even if Infinity sales tank I don't think they will return to online worlds like POTCO. Now, maybe there is a chance that POTCO could be sold to another company to run and Disney make a piece of the profits, I'm going to hope for that scenario to play out.....
:drink:

they would deffinately be cut in for a piece of profit but they need to be VERY careful how much possession of the pirates of the caribbean name they allow another company to use.
Understood, in most cases, but not at this point. I only used the term "hate mail" because of what Disney did, and how they did it. There's no point in trying to "sugar coat" anything with them. Disney deserves and needs the hate at this point, because our kindness and patience did nothing if you recall.
I was just saying it for the sake of the many people that are still upset over the game closing. I've moved on, but am happy to help my friends if they launch an attack, lol.

when i say that all i mean is just not swearing and name calling i see your point i kinda like to vent on the blog rather than go blasting disney with emails. i understand how frustrating it is better than anyone. if you want to vent at disney by all means do i just wanna kinda be on disneys good side if i do actually get my plan in motion.
I don't think there is any hope of POTCO coming back, Charles. But next year POTCO fans are gonna release a remake of POTCO, and I cant wait for it to come out..

you never know
I don't think there is any hope of POTCO coming back, Charles. But next year POTCO fans are gonna release a remake of POTCO, and I cant wait for it to come out..
is it a for sure thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
From what the information I've gather, Infinity was a LARGE failure and resulted in cut spending of Disney operations such as "Online Games" POTCO, Toontown and Pixy Hallow.
Actually, Disney Infinity has proven to be (so far) a huge success for Disney Interactive/DIMG. At least, this is what is claimed recently from various news sources on the internet that I have been reading.

Disney Infinity was such a big deal that some organizers responsible for the Revive POTCO petition recognized it's significance early on and consider the game to revolutionize Disney Interactive as a whole. The understanding was that the MOUSE would likely pour their energy, their money, and the available resources into Infinity in that their goal (it was assumed) was to allow Infinity's success to produce the dollars for the division and then permit those funds to be dispersed throughout "other" gaming projects which had already been previously developed but were experiencing economical hardships.

I can tell you that not in a thousand years was the closure of POTCO, Toontown, and Pixie Hollows all expected which makes it clear now that Disney Infinity was the likely favored project valued by Disney (with, of course, Club Penguin being the exception to the rule).

Since Disney purposefully incorporated POTC characters into Infinity, this is unfortunately now where their "pirate" focus remains. :mad:

Actually, Disney Infinity has proven to be (so far) a huge success for Disney Interactive/DIMG. At least, this is what is claimed recently from various news sources on the internet that I have been reading.

Disney Infinity was such a big deal that some organizers responsible for the Revive POTCO petition recognized it's significance early on and consider the game to revolutionize Disney Interactive as a whole. The understanding was that the MOUSE would likely pour their energy, their money, and the available resources into Infinity in that their goal (it was assumed) was to allow Infinity's success to produce the dollars for the division and then permit those funds to be dispersed throughout "other" gaming projects which had already been previously developed but were experiencing economical hardships.

I can tell you that not in a thousand years was the closure of POTCO, Toontown, and Pixie Hollows all expected which makes it clear now that Disney Infinity was the likely favored project valued by Disney (with, of course, Club Penguin being the exception to the rule).

Since Disney purposefully incorporated POTC characters into Infinity, this is unfortunately now where their "pirate" focus remains. :mad:
I'm afraid you are right Shamus. :(

Back