Potential Buff For War Galleon Armor?

Captain Vane

Dockworker
Hey, everyone! I know this was suggested a while back in a list of other suggestions, but it was never really discussed.

My suggestion is that the War Galleon’s overall armor get a buff - be it several hundred, or a few thousand - it definitely is in need of a tweak.

The old article suggested bringing it from 10,800 to 12,000 - but I’m unsure if that would be TOO much, or just right.

In a nutshell, I’ve seen ONE captain using the War Galleon in the last two weeks - and they stated they bought it by mistake. I’m a huge fan of the ship, but it’s just subpar in comparison to every other ship in the game right now. It specifically states that it has the best armor out of any ship — and then you scroll down two slots to the Brig to see that it’s a complete lie; by a mile, at that. The cargo increase is great, but War Frigates and War Brigs outclass it everywhere else, every time.

Please give us Galleon fans a means of playing and standing a chance out there. The 90° firing angle, being extremely slow, having less crew cannons, less armor than the other ships (despite stating otherwise), and being such a large target in addition to that essentially makes it a waste of $40,000.

Just an armor increase alone would make it usable, while still offering challenge with the shortcomings that can be overlooked.

(Have I begged enough yet?) LOL.

I remember a lot of my friends and I personally would use a war galleon back on POTCO and have no issues with it currently it seems as if the war galleon is extremely hard to sail without eventually sinking.. I agree it needs an armor buff.

There exist different ship types, each with pros and cons.
The idea here is a trade off on what you want vs what you get.
If you want armor, you can make a copperhead ship.
If you want cargo, you make a cargo ship.
Etc.

A little difficult for me to like messing with things that were in potco but I see and agree with the logic of it. Bye the way, I had opportunity to sail a Stormchaser War Galleon yesterday and found it an unexpected and wonderful ship that was easy to sail to great effect. It was still a little fragile, no doubt due to the large target profile, but I didn't sink it in 2 full runs (17 total loot skulls), very enjoyable and recommended. This was with the armor buff and I think it was great.

Back