Idea "power up" silver striker this yuletide event

Roger-Daniel

Pirate Lord
ik you guys didn't want to make it too good since it's a weapon you can buy after a couple days of looting but the blade is just so.. nothing. Despite being the first and only winter event legendary it doesnt have anything special about it other than the look and name. I think, it would be cool to give it bonus damage to skeletons (with it being silver and all).
1570054461128.png
1570054461128.png

i think i just dislike seeing wasted potential tbh
also tlopo devs feel free to use my custom weapon card in game.

Last edited:
Yeah. The sword doesn’t do anything that some other cutlass doesn’t do better as it is. Making it a little unique would be sweet.

@Charles Warmonk serves a very good point. It is currently the only Legendary obtainable through purchase, and is reasonably easy to obtain during the winter months.

While I do agree with you, @Roger-Daniel and @Beggar, I think modifying the weapon to have it's own unique feature would also require us to drop one of the currently existing perks to make it happen, to keep it in the general rhythm of the other non-cursed Legendaries available through all means.

That being said though, a damage boost to skeletons would be interesting, but if it were to be tweaked, what are some other potential options that could make the weapon work?

@Charles Warmonk serves a very good point. It is currently the only Legendary obtainable through purchase, and is reasonably easy to obtain during the winter months.

While I do agree with you, @Roger-Daniel and @Beggar, I think modifying the weapon to have it's own unique feature would also require us to drop one of the currently existing perks to make it happen, to keep it in the general rhythm of the other non-cursed Legendaries available through all means.

That being said though, a damage boost to skeletons would be interesting, but if it were to be tweaked, what are some other potential options that could make the weapon work?
I honestly don't care if the devs have to remove every stat and every point of damage from the sword to give it a special ability. Its not about the sword being good or bad, even after a buff i still wouldn't use it.

The idea was just to make it a little more special, there is just no other word to describe the sword in its current state other than "nothing."
The sword is nothing. And im not the biggest fan of legendaries being nothing because they are supposed to be special. If we have one nothing legendary what is to stop us from having a dozen more in the future. Nothing (teehee)

Last edited:
I honestly don’t think there should be such a thing as a “bad” legendary. Each one should bring something to the table that others do not do.

For instance, why should anyone look for JSB when it’s pretty much just a worse Thunderspine? It could have been less impressive than Thunderspine, but still unique. Similarly, silver striker shouldn’t just be a worse Yore with a little bit of Emerald on the side.

I say just replace voodoo dmg with the bonus dmg to skeletons. There are (I think) four existing legendaries with either voodoo dmg or drain. It doesn’t add much to the game to put another legendary in that does that.

If you wanna talk about making legendary not "Bad" and "Bring its own THING" to the table.

You should start with this before any other step:
View attachment 116447

perhaps the famed version of it should be removed but not the Legendary because It is unique by design, of course, it could be nerfed with more damage because let's be honest this ''Dark Curse'' is getting old seeing it almost everywhere now.

I agree with @Roger-Daniel Silver Striker deserves more attention to it. :)

Tbh if you took dark curse, changed nothing, but made it a white ghost instead of an orange one I would be super happy

@Beggar but in general Dark Curse is useless anyway and it could be replaced with something better. 🙂

@Beggar @Roger-Daniel
perhaps you are right, but if you want to be a ghost I don't have a problem with that, in fact, be my guest gonna go ghost hunting! xD 😃

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't care if the devs have to remove every stat and every point of damage from the sword to give it a special ability. Its not about the sword being good or bad, even after a buff i still wouldn't use it.

The idea was just to make it a little more special, there is just no other word to describe the sword in its current state other than "nothing."
The sword is nothing. And im not the biggest fan of legendaries being nothing because they are supposed to be special. If we have one nothing legendary what is to stop us from having a dozen more in the future. Nothing (teehee)
I absolutely agree with you. The original legendaries all have/had a unique ability, well, a few had the same one that was only available on one other legendary. I feel that the developers missed the boat on this. As you say, it’s not about how powerful it is really but more that for it to live up to legendary status it should have something unique that sets it apart from all famed and lower ranking weapons.

Thank you for bringing this up. I’ve often thought that quite a few of the new legendary weapons were lacking, not because they weren’t powerful but because they were not unique.

They could also change some of leviathan sword's stats since it makes it pointless to go and loot behemoth blade and sapphire blade because leviathan sword has both 5 on parry and endurance. I read on here that some people had the same problem with the jack sparrow blade having critical strike and health drain on it so it made it kind of pointless to loot thunderspine and world eater blade.

Back