Blog Post PREPARE FOR A FIGHT: PORT ROYAL INVASION!

No, it won't lol
That's a relief, and a reason why this statement is still relevant:
2. Universal approval. Invasions were controversial for their lack of proper functioning. The one-time codes also appeared to have received a negative backlash by the community. Almost everyone would like seeing Mood Rock again, and few people would have something to complain about.
#BringBackMoodRock

you got MEMED
OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF OOF

So... because the servers were not up to running a group event, they are going to make up for it by running that same event all day?
No thanks.
I guess that's my cue to not log in again until tomorrow.
Thanks for the warning.

So... because the servers were not up to running a group event, they are going to make up for it by running that same event all day?
No thanks.
Thanks for the warning.
Did you even read their replies? They now have 16 servers controlling movement and objects, less lag.

No thanks.
Thanks for the warning.
Srsly, don't hate them. They are not barnaclesing Disney. They do not earn money from this so they can not work on this all day.

I'm known for heaping on the praise, where praise is due, which is why so many people love me. :)
I'm known for heaping on the scorn, where scorn is due, which is why so many people hate me. :(
That's me being me.
Today was an exercise in frustration on more than one level, so I'm venting. If my venting frustrates you, feel free to return the favor.
It's all good.
I'll still love you. :D

Last edited:
@Layla Littlenymph why would you intentionally use that pfp? :(

That's way off topic but since you asked...

I've had this character and name for many years and have used her on many games and forums. The avatar was the first character that bore this name, but I will probably change it to a LOTPOL avatar if I remain here as a frequent player. Using the same name and avatars makes it easier to reconnect with old friends and playing partners.

That said, I'm curious as to why you asked in the particular manner that you did. Is there something about my little nymph that bothers you?

Last edited:
The redeem code system is not commendable. 'First to enter gets the item': What about schoolchildren - some of them maybe typing very slowly ? What about disabled players ?
I pointed it out on Andaba at the first wave invasion and was shamed by a player which made me click ignore button on that condescending and selfish player.
He didn't care, but I care for those that live or play based on worse conditions than myself. They are left behind with no chances, and to that extend the first-to-enter redeem code, creates unfairness.

I had a lot of fun (and crashes :p) testing the very first INVASION on TLOPO!!

There are bugs and issues that need ironing out ofcourse but as many other seasoned gamers here know.
We are playing a beta version and are all part of testing and helping build a complete and smooth running game :)

The redeem code system is not commendable. 'First to enter gets the item': What about schoolchildren - some of them maybe typing very slowly ? What about disabled players ?
I pointed it out on Andaba at the first wave invasion and was shamed by a player which made me click ignore button on that condescending and selfish player.
He didn't care, but I care for those that live or play based on worse conditions than myself. They are left behind with no chances, and to that extend the first-to-enter redeem code, creates unfairness.
There doesn't seem to be copy paste feature in the active game chat, so one would have to type that as soon as they see it. Everything is a test.
Even how they give out codes and introduce items. The code thing was probably not meant to be some sort of player gift or even to be fair. It was a game test. If we profited with a weapon with a code, great. Otherwise it is what it was. We are game testers playing for free on a beta.

There doesn't seem to be copy paste feature in the active game chat, so one would have to type that as soon as they see it. Everything is a test.
Even how they give out codes and introduce items. The code thing was probably not meant to be some sort of player gift or even to be fair. It was a game test. If we profited with a weapon with a code, great. Otherwise it is what it was. We are game testers playing for free on a beta.

As a game tester playing for free on a beta, a point made with great repetition to anyone that voices a complaint, Capt. Widowmaker makes a valid and constructive criticism. Good feedback on a beta includes both positive and negative impressions. In fact, I could argue that the negative impressions are often more helpful than the positive ones. Capt. Widowmaker is not the only one to voice this opinion, and even the devs admitted it could have, and should be, handled better. I happen to agree with his observation and encourage the devs to take it into consideration for future events of this nature.

@Luna Storm & @squintz.

True that implementations are tested.

Then again - how can a fast (or rather faster) keyboard input be subject to a test ?

We don't have the full game released, and probably for some players it might be their world to play the ol' potco as it is now. For them it is THE game, and should anything be a test I find that the way to reveal bugs and crashes is ...

... all players are given equal terms: given the same opportunity, given the same platform and given the same options - thus getting the same in/output.
Only THEN can bugs be tested when (and because) things can act differently on each players computer.

So the point that everything is a test - is not of any validity or consistency.

And how do you know the intentions of devs ? I have a standing to other people that state or claim they know others intentions or how they think. And it is not a standing that calls for my respect.

Let alone responding - because only few people have the ability to look inside others. So mostly it ends up in an unrealistic drama or argument.

I can't and won't claim it was a test or not, but I can claim witnessing reality - to which i DO respond if ... I see unfairness.

You have your opinion about testing - I might differ from that, so no need to argue something which we don't know of, or have insight about.

Last edited:
@Layla Littlenymph

Exactly:

" In fact, I could argue that the negative impressions are often more helpful than the positive ones. "

Padding shoulders and expressing consent can be 'game changers' - but not often. Throughout history the change of the world and conditions for others are most often made by reformers - those that dare to express their opinion, go against society and public opinion.

Those that doesn't take everything for granted and use the 'it-is-good-enough-as-it-is', as a pillow.

Changes are mostly made via, well sometimes yes - negative criticism, though in that sense I mostly use three platforms of perception (or opinion): positivism, negativism or constructivism.

A psychological mechanism is that most people tend to or seek social or work based acceptance, and there the negative criticism or impressions truly might have an impact - because it makes people think ... oh, I (or my results) am not liked. And then they feel an urge to change. Because they want to be liked.

Your point is most valid. Thank you for spelling it out so clearly.

Last edited:
and this no way is complaining . just a note of wht happen today on the 6 pm invasion ...lag very much crash 4 times I will be there for the global invasion and try again.it will get settle and evry one will enjoy the invasion..thank you all for doing a great job and making this game great again

I am infinitely grateful for finally having Invasions finally in game. Despite the glitches, I had a blast. The glitches were pretty hilarious anyway. I experienced very little lag. Invasions have always been lag ridden anyway so even if I had, I would not see that as a problem. The only real problem was that first wave of enemies somehow went underground and were almost impossible to fight. But the rest of the waves were fine. Although Jolly seemed more OP than he used to be but I could be wrong on that.

Invasions are my favorite part of the game and I am so thankful. That was an excellent surprise. And while I may have found the one time use codes a little unfair, I really don't care. I could not be happier just to have taken part in an Invasion.

Back