Privateering improvements Disney should add in-game, or bring back?

Do teleporters annoy you?

• Total voters
Captains teleporting out of their ship in svs isn't that much of a problem for me unless they do it to run away so they don't have to sink. A lot was mentioned here and i agree. SvS used to be more challenging. In fact a lot of stuff used to be more challenging overall in the game. A lot of the so called "improvements" have made svs worse than better and Lag has remained the same if not gotten worse. Seeing other players in other ships use to be fun as you could use grape(they should change the definition of grape now because it does NOT damage players) and chat or leave a message to the sinking ship.

Also they changed the way take cover was which is fine but also reduced the difficulty of svs. Back then ONLY fire used to damage a svs ship under Take Cover. Now, any ammo type can do reduced(75% less) damage when the opponents ship uses Take Cover. I can say that this was a fair change to make SvS good for all players but i think Take Cover should protect a ship a little better.

Disney tried to make SvS better by adding and replacing a few things but by Removing a lot which took the originality of away from it. There is room for changes but they should take player opinions first because removing what we like and adding what they think is good, will drive players away from the game instead of getting them in. I think SvS could be way better than it is...but thats just me.
Leo.:fight:

I agree with Leo. They need to start asking all players opinions on something they are considering removing from the game. It seems to me that all they are doing is taking the complaining from weaker players (not trying to be mean here) and using them to make their decisions on what to remove. I use to have lag, but only because I was on an old computer. Now, I rarely lag or freeze in game.

I agree with Leo. They need to start asking all players opinions on something they are considering removing from the game. It seems to me that all they are doing is taking the complaining from weaker players (not trying to be mean here) and using them to make their decisions on what to remove. I use to have lag, but only because I was on an old computer. Now, I rarely lag or freeze in game.

They did about two years ago. They sent out a Poll to ask what ppl wanted, and that's how Ravens Cove came out.

yes, they should go with the majority of the answers..... except for raising lvl caps, they should just take my opinion and not raise the caps :D jk.

Yes they sent out a poll, I did all that. But that was for imporvements only. Not for things they were thinking of taking out. That is completely different. All they do is listen to the complaints they get on something, they then act. If they really wanted to know how the Pirates felt about something before they decide to remove it, they would ask.

If they had come to us saying that they were considering taking out the ability to see other pirates and NPCs on ships to reduce lag, they could have had a more accurate opinion of this. The majority of everyone who did SVS would have said no, we need to see what we are shooting grape shots at. Others would have said no because of the fun in shooting cannon balls at NPCs on flag ships before we board.

So, they didnt get an accurate opinion on that, took it out to reduce lag, ruined grape shots and the ability to use them in SVS.

Yes they sent out a poll, I did all that. But that was for imporvements only. Not for things they were thinking of taking out. That is completely different. All they do is listen to the complaints they get on something, they then act. If they really wanted to know how the Pirates felt about something before they decide to remove it, they would ask.

If they had come to us saying that they were considering taking out the ability to see other pirates and NPCs on ships to reduce lag, they could have had a more accurate opinion of this. The majority of everyone who did SVS would have said no, we need to see what we are shooting grape shots at. Others would have said no because of the fun in shooting cannon balls at NPCs on flag ships before we board.

So, they didnt get an accurate opinion on that, took it out to reduce lag, ruined grape shots and the ability to use them in SVS.

Exactly.... I missed shooting the helpless lower levels(no offense to the lower levels!!!! it happened to me alot... Karma :mad:) with Grape. only downside to it - getting killed on my precious war sloop... :facepalm:

ok BEST WAY TO MAKE IT BETTER:
add a third side...
the dutch or english or something
also, let us kill the other pirates onboard!!!!! would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I started after that was removed :p

Back