Suggestion Put something to do in Cuba

Yes
Yes but Beggar has a point here. All the other civilized islands and even some of the wild islands have more going on than Cuba and Cuba is an important place in the game so it makes sense to expand it. It seems to me that expansion of Cuba makes more sense than adding a bunch more islands.

Now it might be possible to create a "portable" town, replete with buildings, etc, that can be copied and pasted into the code for each island. In fact, smaller subsets of a "town", such as peddlers, Gypsies, etc, could be implemented almost anywhere in the game, such as in Beckett's Quarry and so on.

Also, as in POTCO, different peddlers and Gypsies sold different items, such as the Gypsy by Darkhart, who sold the most powerful staff in the game. It could be obtained only there.

Any port with a TP totem should at least have weapons shop. Except maybe RC because of the whole story line there I understand it not having anything. But Cuba needs some shops and content revamp.
I remember going to a NPC on Cuba to purchase garb along with the fact of a dockworker there to repair one’s ship. Other than that, yeah no other shops there at least on the main shores of the island. (Dang; it’s too bad too a KFC restaurant cannot be introduced on Cuba’s beach given like a million, bazillion ‘chickens’ exist there and left abandon [like how did they even get there, anyway])???
...Cuba is an important place in the game so it makes sense to expand it. It seems to me that expansion of Cuba makes more sense than adding a bunch more islands.
I wonder too if an “expanded” Cuba would create more (code) stability in-game in comparison to a new island being created from scratch and then introduced. *However, maybe not in this respect- idk (shrugs).
...Now it might be possible to create a "portable" town, replete with buildings, etc, that can be copied and pasted into the code for each island. In fact, smaller subsets of a "town", such as peddlers, Gypsies, etc, could be implemented almost anywhere in the game, such as in Beckett's Quarry and so on.
Obviously, the lack of beach and shore on Cuba would have to be contended with first. Yeah, not sure how that could be resolved on the code side but if permitted it could be a lot of FUN to see a different side of Cuba than what we all are used to (nothing against the chickens, gators, and oversized fly traps).

Sometimes...change itself is good. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cuba is unique among the ports in that it lacks the amount of content that distinguishes the other four ports from wild islands. It has only one area apart from its incredibly small main section, and boasts no caves, bosses, jungles, or even weapon shops.

I think the developers should consider Cuba as a potential location for any future content they have in store for us. A new area or activity there would help to balance out the island with the other four ports, and would make it something more than a quick route to Isla Tormenta.

Honestly just delete all the shops and npcs. All we need is a fishing dock on cuba, then it will be perfect.
#FishingDockForCuba

Last edited:
a4caa081aa8fc19a3bc0543ba5204ca1.jpg

Cuba needs some type of rework (once more ‘important’ BETA issues arrr resolved):
https://piratesforums.co/threads/if-you-had-your-own-island-in-potco.7595/#post-127951
Your idea from 2012 was and is still terrific. If new content is ever a luxury to be added, cuba looks like a perfect place to do a ton of things.
Cuba has jungles. Perhaps stick in a look a like misty map and dress it up with high vines and such may not be too drastic of a build.
We can only hope.

Your idea from 2012 was and is still terrific. If new content is ever a luxury to be added, cuba looks like a perfect place to do a ton of things.
Cuba has jungles. Perhaps stick in a look a like misty map and dress it up with high vines and such may not be too drastic of a build.
We can only hope.
Something like a combination of Pantano River, Misty Mire, El Sudoron, and Cutthroat Jungle all spliced together and redecorated could be good.

I'm thinking something representative of the large interior of the island is the way to go. With areas of enemies for all levels.
Probably new species of enemies may be also appropriate in a jungle setting. Large cats, snakes and mammals come to mind. Deep in the jungle away from the swampy outskirts would be different denizens of creatures we could encounter. Headhunters would be interesting too.
We've already come to accept giant crabs and scorps, but jungle beasts could be in actual size and more realistic that way.
Overhead dangers such as wild chimps and baboons or apes. Even large predator birds like condors. Lots of creative room to run this idea.

...Overhead dangers such as wild chimps and baboons or apes. Even large predator birds like condors...
With the above ^, are we talking still about CUBA or the occasional (forums) guest or two whom arrives to stir up drama - lol? :confused::eek:

*Seriously though, besides @ElizaCreststeel idea and consequential thread about Kingshead, Cuba would be the next big opportunity for TLOPO to look at in lieu of an island to which we all can personally relate to from POTCO. The question TLOPO needs to answer for itself is, why not?

For either KH or Cuba, TLOPO needs to understand that if it’s possible for a remake itself to “spruce up” an island (basically nostalgic within the minds of players) such opportunity for the NEW - which still retains a hint of the old - enhances the overall experience of playing a remake since it plays upon everyone’s own subconscious (which validates that remake’s ‘perception’ of success for the end user). In business practice and strategy, it’s no different than the introduction of a new/improved version of what everyone is used to in order to peak further brand interest, loyalty, and choice. (Note: At the end of the day, it’s not just about developing a remake! It is too and just as much about sprucing something up [which was old] to play upon everyone’s emotions and minds to tap into their own level of nostalgia and interest).

Imperative for TLOPO to be aware and to understand is that other remakes, especially one in particular, has tried to take advantage of such emotions which everyone brings ahead of time to the table anyway - to play again.
WHY SHOULDN’T tlopo do the same (by ‘utilizing’ what islands already exist)? :flag1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I could see much more being done with Cuba than whats already done. I do recall them changing maps on POTCO such as Port Royal and Isla Tormenta. Maybe they can do something like this with Cuba? and add more stuff to said island in the process??
I hope they don't change the map the way Port Royal was in potco. I'd prefer to see any expansion be through a door, like tlopo did on Tormenta with Forsaken Shallows.

I hope they don't change the map the way Port Royal was in potco. I'd prefer to see any expansion be through a door, like tlopo did on Tormenta with Forsaken Shallows.
That's a good idea as well... Honestly I feel Cuba is much bigger when sailing than it is when standing on the shore.. Even adding a fishing dock there would make it look bigger than it does currently in my opinion to be honest... I feel Cuba needs some growth its mostly used from what I see as A quicker way to Isla Tormenta/Perdida/Ravens (prior to TP quest), Tia Dalma (biggest part of the island itself), and for docking after mat runs.. Seems it doesn't have somewhat of a background story (not sure if that's the right term but you catch the drift) like the other islands somewhat have..

Honestly whether it be like POTCO did with Port Royal or just adding an area like Forsaken Hallows would make me satisfied.. I know the staff has a lot of things going on currently and im appreciate what they do!! Hopefully we see this in a future update!

That's a good idea as well... Honestly I feel Cuba is much bigger when sailing than it is when standing on the shore.. Even adding a fishing dock there would make it look bigger than it does currently in my opinion to be honest... I feel Cuba needs some growth its mostly used from what I see as A quicker way to Isla Tormenta/Perdida/Ravens (prior to TP quest), Tia Dalma (biggest part of the island itself), and for docking after mat runs.. Seems it doesn't have somewhat of a background story (not sure if that's the right term but you catch the drift) like the other islands somewhat have..

Honestly whether it be like POTCO did with Port Royal or just adding an area like Forsaken Hallows would make me satisfied.. I know the staff has a lot of things going on currently and im appreciate what they do!! Hopefully we see this in a future update!
I totally agree that Cuba is ripe for expansion, the beach/town, the swamp, and the jungle interior. I just want to be sure that the original 2013 potco part stays the same. The beach/town could be expanded in the fashion of Padres with the area beyond El Sudoron and the interior as I already suggested. The second beach area with active full service town including fishing dock and the like could be accessed through the jungle interior.

With the above ^, are we talking still about CUBA or the occasional (forums) guest or two whom arrives to stir up drama - lol? :confused::eek:

*Seriously though, besides @ElizaCreststeel idea and consequential thread about Kingshead, Cuba would be the next big opportunity for TLOPO to look at in lieu of an island to which we all can personally relate to from POTCO. The question TLOPO needs to answer for itself is, why not?

For either KH or Cuba, TLOPO needs to understand that if it’s possible for a remake itself to “spruce up” an island (basically nostalgic within the minds of players) such opportunity for the NEW - which still retains a hint of the old - enhances the overall experience of playing a remake since it plays upon everyone’s own subconscious (which validates that remake’s ‘perception’ of success for the end user). In business practice and strategy, it’s no different than the introduction of a new/improved version of what everyone is used to in order to peak further brand interest, loyalty, and choice. (Note: At the end of the day, it’s not just about developing a remake! It is too and just as much about sprucing something up [which was old] to play upon everyone’s emotions and minds to tap into their own level of nostalgia and interest).

Imperative for TLOPO to be aware and to understand is that other remakes, especially one in particular, has tried to take advantage of such emotions which everyone brings ahead of time to the table anyway - to play again.
WHY SHOULDN’T tlopo do the same (by ‘utilizing’ what islands already exist)? :flag1:
Still about Cuba. Only Cuba.
Each island has it's own identity. Kingshead is a Alcatraz type hard rock almost barren lump and has nothing but bare soft and hardwoods and not much else. Cuba, a real place is a vast mix of landscapes and does have jungles as well.

I totally agree that Cuba is ripe for expansion, the beach/town, the swamp, and the jungle interior. I just want to be sure that the original 2013 potco part stays the same. The beach/town could be expanded in the fashion of Padres with the area beyond El Sudoron and the interior as I already suggested. The second beach area with active full service town including fishing dock and the like could be accessed through the jungle interior.
Is the real Cuba on a volcanic fault? I didn't check, too lazy right now, but a story line about a eruption could feasibly introduce more land mass and habitation from pirates and settlers.

Is the real Cuba on a volcanic fault? I didn't check, too lazy right now, but a story line about a eruption could feasibly introduce more land mass and habitation from pirates and settlers.

Cuba, to my knowledge is not on a volcanic faultline, but there might be more at the bottom of the Cayman Trench than we know. On the other side of things, Cuba, believe it or not, isn't as densely wooded as people may first think.

Cuba, to my knowledge is not on a volcanic faultline, but there might be more at the bottom of the Cayman Trench than we know. On the other side of things, Cuba, believe it or not, isn't as densely wooded as people may first think.
Thanks. Cube used to be before human intervention. But Cuba certainly is more 'jungly' than kingshead.
Okay, how about a hurricane creating an earthquake that causes a volcanic eruption?

There are no volcanoes on Cuba. I don't think we need that, or any other, kind of story line to explain the expansion if an expansion is to be. It can easily be just that a path through the interior to a different, more civilized town was built by pirates that were not wanting to be seen arriving at the docks of a town with a large navy presence or something like that. Edit: now that I think about it, Cuba was a Spanish position at the time so it would be a new land enemy in the town, the Spanish Army.

Last edited:
Back