Suggestion Put something to do in Cuba

It's fun to dream big.
I agree. ;) (A decent read).

What I can envision is still a place (I feel) that can be pulled off. Surely the devs imagination, via input gained from these type of threads, can only help. What is key is that the secret lies within POTCO’s own code - I assume.

If an entire new island (or at least one introduced for the first time) can be equipped and then implemented, perhaps the only 2 elements standing in the way of a revised Cuba is both time and imagination. (KH too, for that matter).

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some food for thought;

With the introduction to a new version of Cuba, we could very well get a small tidbit of storyline in the form of, say, the Siege of Havana that took place during the Seven Years' War (1756 – 1763) where the British Navy took over El Puerto De Habana, Cuba, from the rule of the Spanish. A siege by the British on the port could be a perfect introduction into revamping the entire style of Cuba, and still leaving off an open ended area to sport the jungle and the Pantano River, true to the nature of POTC.

With the introduction to a new version of Cuba, we could very well get a small tidbit of storyline in the form of, say, the Siege of Havana that took place during the Seven Years' War (1756 – 1763) where the British Navy took over El Puerto De Habana, Cuba, from the rule of the Spanish. A siege by the British on the port could be a perfect introduction into revamping the entire style of Cuba, and still leaving off an open ended area to sport the jungle and the Pantano River, true to the nature of POTC.
I like this, very much. :) Like maybe, if the island itself was visually transforming into a civilized island but not quite yet - towards Eric’s point of the old Cuba remaining intact. (I am a fan of the ‘Black Sails’ series on Starz channel and recall the feel and look of how the show tried to portray Nassau, on both fronts).

Within TLOPO, have NPC’s or the British been placed in areas not experienced within POTCO? You’ll have to excuse me for asking (as I do not know).

I also like this concept very much. It's a good story line as to why pirates can't just port at the town and had to build a trail through the wilderness to get there.

I think, just to start, there should be fishing added; but tbh there are SO MANY things that could be done with Cuba... I would be excited to see what the dev's come up with.

Since we are discussing things we'd like to see in Cuba, I very much feel it would be appropriate to add a gunsmith shack to the original island. It is a major launching point for many quests and ship voyages yet you cannot buy cannon ammunition unless you go to Tortuga or Port Royal to restock yer cannon ammo. My suggestion would be to place it at the edge of the jungle between the Peddler Monger Morton and the Cuba jail.

I leave my pirates on cuba since they load faster then the main 3 isles do , be nice to keep it as is
I only want the original part, where you port and Pantano River, to remain the same. I'd like to see expansion through doors/entrances like Forsaken Shallows. I am not sure if such expansion would affect loading time or not, my guess is that it would slightly and also slightly because of increased use of the port. I guess that a way to mitigate this issue could be to add a very small island right next to Cuba, a harbor island like the real Port Royal was to Jamaica, that has little or no services other than a dock and tp totem.

I totally agree that Cuba is ripe for expansion, the beach/town, the swamp, and the jungle interior. I just want to be sure that the original 2013 potco part stays the same. The beach/town could be expanded in the fashion of Padres with the area beyond El Sudoron and the interior as I already suggested. The second beach area with active full service town including fishing dock and the like could be accessed through the jungle interior.

I totally agree with expansion only beyond the current porting area. I really like Cuba the way it is, a dysfunctional, lazy little 17 - 18th Century Backwater, it and Padres are my favourite Ports stylistically... Ravens is good too but too creepy to spend much time there.:skull:

It's so annoying that there isn't anywhere to buy cannon balls and that's great, after all the mayhem of sailing and sinking ships one can just feel all the stress leaving ones body, the main thing is it has a Bar!

The amount of times I have bought a coconut rum drink and sat under the palm trees watching the ships sail by (Wait! We can't see the ships sail by from shore anymore like in early Beta. Please bring back seeing ships from shore and rain! I promise I will grind for hours on Uninhabited Islands just watching them sail by and getting soaked in the rain. )

So please don't touch "My Cuba" or the Wishing Well that I have spent many days in front of flipping a coin and making wishes.:cat1:

BTW let's change Port Royal to Jamaica makes more sense, I like the idea of sailing to Jamaica, I've never even though of Port Royal as Jamaica, we can have (Port Royal) in brackets underneath in little letters.

PS. I think it would be great to have at least a Cannon Defense at Cuba, hidden away over in the trees by the river ( I like things hidden away like the Cave Of Lost Souls or our new Trading Post and area beyond ) it would be in keeping with that CD in the Tortuga graveyard, which I also think is great but here it would be really close, to get and encourage people who've just ported to play.
:pirate ship:

Last edited:
I totally agree with expansion only beyond the current porting area. I really like Cuba the way it is, a dysfunctional, lazy little 17 - 18th Century Backwater, it and Padres are my favourite Ports stylistically... Ravens is good too but too creepy to spend much time there.:skull:

It's so annoying that there isn't anywhere to buy cannon balls and that's great, after all the mayhem of sailing and sinking ships one can just feel all the stress leaving ones body, the main thing is it has a Bar!

The amount of times I have bought a coconut rum drink and sat under the palm trees watching the ships sail by (Wait! We can't see the ships sail by from shore anymore like in early Beta. Please bring back seeing ships from shore and rain! I promise I will grind for hours on Uninhabited Islands just watching them sail by and getting soaked in the rain. )

So please don't touch "My Cuba" or the Wishing Well that I have spent many days in front of flipping a coin and making wishes.:cat1:

BTW let's change Port Royal to Jamaica makes more sense, I like the idea of sailing to Jamaica, I've never even though of Port Royal as Jamaica, we can have (Port Royal) in brackets underneath in little letters.

PS. I think it would be great to have at least a Cannon Defense at Cuba, hidden away over in the trees by the river ( I like things hidden away like the Cave Of Lost Souls or our new Trading Post and area beyond ) it would be in keeping with that CD in the Tortuga graveyard, which I also think is great but here it would be really close, to get and encourage people who've just ported to play.
:pirate ship:
I know very few people whom feel comfortable with change. I suspect that this is so because of fear. Since the changing up of something invokes people’s fear, loss itself is expected. The challenge then is asked “how can change itself produce the least amount of loss with too the least amount of fear?” It takes great energy and reflection for the answer to such a question to be resolved.

What helps alleviate change’s loss is the quality of the_potential of what is gained. I personally feel CUBA’s potential is untapped! Understanding this, I too feel Cuba’s current state needs preserved. *Ironically though and all at the same time, I feel Cuba has not yet reached it’s full potential.

It’s a difficult decision because ultimately, Cuba’s fate is at stake. If left as is (completely), Cuba will always cause division among pirates. In other words, players will either choose to love Cuba or choose to hate Cuba (if left alone as it is today)! Perhaps some level of intervention...can cause CUBA to be “loved” by all. ;)

Please bring back seeing ships from shore and rain!
I do believe that the seeing ships from shore is in game currently?? If not they might be fixing it too where the ships wont be just sailing through the middle of the island or something like that lol.
Example:
galleon.PNG

The rain part I think is still in the works when it was in game the guild I was in at the time many members kept crashing because of its extreme lag and stuff in that detail...

BTW let's change Port Royal to Jamaica makes more sense
I do believe it to be fine as Port Royal and many people here want/desire things to stay as it was in the original game.. It was named Pport Royal then so I believe it should stay the same as it has been..

I think it would be great to have at least a Cannon Defense at Cuba, hidden away over in the trees by the river
This is a great idea!!!

It is not fear it's self that I fear, it's changing the original, 2013, potco part of Cuba, I'm totally onboard with expansion of Cuba. I just want any expansion to be isolated though doors so that the potco recreation part of tlopo/Cuba is preserved.

One thing that hasn't been clearly suggested in this thread that I'd like is that since Cuba was a Spanish possession at the time of the game setting any towns and/or human type enemies should have a decidedly Spanish flavor.

One thing that hasn't been clearly suggested in this thread that I'd like is that since Cuba was a Spanish possession at the time of the game setting any towns and/or human type enemies should have a decidedly Spanish flavor.
:iagree: Possibly maybe include as well some British influence (in some way) to go along with what @Misha stated earlier.

With the clashing of both Spanish and British powers, Cuba’s own storyline - via some slight change -would push the island itself into a transitional period where we have:
  1. The wild, untamed side of Cuba still
  2. A inhabited, civilized side where a power struggle is just about to break forth creating a future unknown for Cuba
View: https://youtu.be/CevxZvSJLk8

*What would really be cool to see is if the dev team could create an “atmosphere” of Cuba where players alone have this 6th sense that the_WILD side of the island ^ will never be tamed by the weak ambitions of Spanish/British rule!

:iagree: Possibly maybe include as well some British influence (in some way) to go along with what @Misha stated earlier.

With the clashing of both Spanish and British powers, Cuba’s own storyline - via some slight change -would push the island itself into a transitional period where we have:
  1. The wild, untamed side of Cuba still
  2. A inhabited, civilized side where a power struggle is just about to break forth creating a future unknown for Cuba
View: https://youtu.be/CevxZvSJLk8

*What would really be cool to see is if the dev team could create an “atmosphere” of Cuba where players alone have this 6th sense that the_WILD side of the island ^ will never be tamed by the weak ambitions of Spanish/British rule!
I really liked Misha's idea of a British siege of Havana, of course for the game it would have to be a bit smaller scale than the actual event. Maybe something modeled off Padres Del Fuego's town with no volcano and a Royal Navy Fleet laying siege?

Wouldn't they have to redesign it then because cuba isn't even that big you could possible fit 1 or 2 more buildings on it without it looking "cramped" unless you put them in the middle of the swamp... Otherwise it be like a remodel of the island unless your talking add a zone with a town in it.. Id honestly think maybe expand the beach to put a town... Add a few zones in there as well...

Wouldn't they have to redesign it then because cuba isn't even that big you could possible fit 1 or 2 more buildings on it without it looking "cramped" unless you put them in the middle of the swamp... Otherwise it be like a remodel of the island unless your talking add a zone with a town in it.. Id honestly think maybe expand the beach to put a town... Add a few zones in there as well...
My thought on that is to leave existing Cuba as is and add an entrance to the interior of the island where you can eventually come out at a town much the way Padres is now only kind of in reverse. You port in the backwoods place and follow a trail to the town under siege.

My thought on that is to leave existing Cuba as is and add an entrance to the interior of the island where you can eventually come out at a town much the way Padres is now only kind of in reverse. You port in the backwoods place and follow a trail to the town under siege.
I agree but is this, more or less, just a "secret" closet to Cuba rather than anything else?

Back