Suggestion Quality of Life Changes

Do you have an interest into seeing any of these five ideas added into TLOPO?

• #1!

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • #2!

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • #3!

Votes: 26 92.9%
  • #4!

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • #5!

Votes: 25 89.3%

• Total voters

Misha

Site Founder
Hey there folks,

Today I've decided to put together a thread of a number of suggestions toward modifications of the game geared toward a more efficient experience. So, without a moment to waste, let's start. (It should be noted that some of these may have been posted before, however, I'm posting my take on these ideas.)

#1: Area Loot + Scrollbar

The concept behind this idea is similar to a mechanic in hit MMORPG World of Warcraft, in which all loot from surrounding corpses is viewed in a single menu. While sticking to a unique style, this will fix a multitude of problems:

I. Loot will no longer be overlapped and glitched to an area above or below a reachable point to a character.

II. Newest containers will always show up first at the top of the scrollbar, allowing for players to ignore the other item containers below it that may have been previously looted.​

21505eb7f9536648f1b12c951f81df2c.png

d9fb7b5e6137a537ccc619a637b6115e.png

How This Mechanic Would Work:

Upon interacting with a loot container, all other interact-able loot in the area in an ~8m radius around the original container and 6m upwards and below would be added to the scrollbar list, sorted from newest to oldest respectively.

#2: Loot Despawn

As much as we pirates like our loot, there is no denying that seeing the same items countless times after initially opening the chest can be annoying. So, let's suppose the following:

c29d0d10aaf6a8751b730a9a179fdee3.png

The idea behind this concept in relation with my first idea would be to add a universal clock per container that is started upon the death of the enemy it drops from, and would tick down until the container is no longer accessible, and will despawn.

This concept could fix a couple present problems, such as:

Combined with the original idea, this could be a great way to ensure you aren't missing any loot, and gives you a sufficient amount of time to flip through all of the current loot containers to pick and choose what it is you want from the given list.
#3: Sea Plunder Scrollbar

Similar to my original idea (and highly requested by a plethora of players) would be the addition of a scrollbar for Loot containers obtained out on the High Seas:

05e9fc726a3e8b85d865d08ecde31b6e.jpg

The idea behind this QoL change would be to remove any time having to sift through items and later delete them because there's too long a list of items to see everything that's available.

#4: 'Off the Map' (Offline) Mode

As someone who is often logged in while doing other activities, I think a great addition to the game would be a mode I'd be calling "Off the Map".

cfd26a21578af399a281e8a38b82af67.png

Found in a new tab under the F7 Options menu, called "Modes" would lie the extension called Off The Map.

This mode would be similar to any other MMORPG with an Offline experience, for instance:

I. Friends List and Guild List would be disabled, shown here:
16ee179254b10c17807f2ba263771187.png

c48ba19f17dbc0f752a7234c2dec723c.jpg

II. Guild Chat cannot be seen or typed in.

III. Notifications to friends and Guildmates that you are logged in would be disabled, and you will appear offline on all player lists.

IV. You will be unable to be interacted with for friend requests and guild invites, though Crews will still be available.

Upon login you would receive this notification:

7de605f3fc2f1d96c37b71b35d1369e4.jpg

#5: Garb Stash

Last, but not least to this QoL post, I would like to suggest an idea that was brought up by others, in most recent memory being @Bonny Anne, being a Loot Stash to hoard your items and clothing, which will also be available between pirates on your account.

d765d07bc4976a9c2af16fd00c49a158.jpg

Found exclusively in Gunsmith shops across the Caribbean, Garb Stashes will be one linked network of storage for a player's account, creating a total of 80 weapon slots split between two pages for all six pirates, and 100 clothing slots split between two pages. The pages for clothing will be separated by gender, meaning male and female pirates will have separate clothing storage. (More room for bright/peddler clothing. Yay!)

Upon interaction with the Garb Stash, you will get a menu with the following options:
94e867d42a0e949068fa43468491b578.png

Upon clicking the "Manage Items" option, a UI will appear with the following sections:

e22fb6bb85e349977ef50a9a7f8aa5dd.png

(This is a UI representing a Male Pirate, and the weapons stash.)

33429ecf8ca47a3111149c3bc5e5b6c1.png

(And this would be the UI representing a Female Pirate, and the Clothing stash.)

As mentioned before, this stash will be independent between accounts, and gear traded between characters will still need to be used at the appropriate level and training in which they are unlocked. The only thing I would add as to avoid having Level 1 pirates running around in Dark Black would be a level minimum to wear Bright Clothing, which would be set at Level 20.

As for this thread, it was quite lengthy, so I appreciate all who've read along thus far! For those who are still intrigued, if I've sparked an idea in your head, please feel free to leave it as a reply to this post!

Off-Topic posts will be removed, please keep to the topic only!

My favorite idea is area loot with the scroll bar.
I'm not quite sure I understand the purpose of the "Off The Map" suggestion, but I won't vote against it.
Is it just a privacy thing?

Last edited:
I would love to see all of them added to the game, Especially the Garb stash. I hate having to delete brights and weapons just to make room for more in my inventory.
The Off the Map suggestion is interesting.. Would be nice for those that just want some time alone to relax and such.
I like the Loot scroll bars idea, would make going through land and sea loot so much easier.

My favorite idea is area loot with the scroll bar.
I'm not quite sure I understand the purpose of the "Off The Map" suggestion, but I won't vote against it.
Is it just a privacy thing?

Indeed! "Off the Map" would be referred to as an incognito mode, which would allow players to login anonymously. This would mainly be used for if you're just checking something out on a character and don't wish to engage in conversation, or things of that sort!

All of these are cool. I’m a bit so-so on “off the map” mode because I don’t want my guildmates hiding from me.

That's completely understandable. In a perfect world, with an enhanced guild menu I think it would be an option that is up to the Guildmaster to allow or not, and I'm glad even as a concept that you're looking at it as if it's already been introduced! Thanks for the feedback.

On another note, thank you all so much for the astounding feedback on this post in such little time. This made my day!

Is the percentage on your poll the percentage of ppl that voted for that item out of all that voted?

I, of course, want the sea loot scrolling by far more than any of the others. I also really, really like the idea of land loot scrolling where containers overlap and the idea that the newest would open first. Not so sure about the other stuff.

Last edited:
I would not want to see #2 implemented as it could put a lot of stress on people trying to take screenshots or trying to be creative in taking screenshots as well as in groups it isn't always easy to concentrate on one container if you are not opening each as it happens.
Depending on the lag it can take an actual minute or more to try to open and action on multiple containers. If one does it that way.
And number 4 just sounds weird and unnecessary.

Awesome Misha!
Of course, I'd like to see a check list where we pirates can check off loot we don't want to see in containers, period.
So if a pouch has some useless weapon, I'd like to be able to not see that in loot, based on my pre selected preferences, etc.

Great ideas Misha!! I also want to thank you for all your hard work to Show us exactly what you mean!! As to the "incognito" mode there was something early on in POTCO like this & it was nice when you were just hopping on for a minute or wanted some quiet time in game & great for those of us with alts getting on to get Peddler clothes, grab a holiday quest etc so we don't disturb our guild with all those wb etc when you pop in & out for just a minute on several alts!!

Back