Queen Anne's Revenge Sets Sail ( on test ) 5/4 update

This may seem strange but:
I NEED TO KNOW THE BACKSTORY FOR QAR!!!
I would want to see the devil-ship as much as anyone but I'm worried that the story would not fit with the movies. As the game takes place between CotBP and DMC, Blackbeard wasn't on the scene yet. I don't mind him being there I just want to know why! Does anyone know?

The new movie On Stranger Tides does not take place between Curse of the Black Pearl and Dead Mans Chest. If you remember, at the end of At Worlds End, we see Jack sailing off in a dinghy with the map. He is looking specifically at the area on the map that shows the Fountain of Youth. Also at the end of the movie, you can see Elizabeth waiting for Will to return with their son. So, On Stranger Tides should be at the least, 10 years after At Worlds End.

I know all that I just wanna know why Blackbeard is sailing around.But wait- How do youn know it was 10 years after AWE? Where did you get your info?

Well Jack's adventure for the Fountain could happen between those years seeing that Will and Elizabeth aren't around now...

Yes, but... If you pay attention to the trailer, Angelica asks Jack about being to the Fountain of Youth. So, Jack had already found it before On Stranger Tides takes place. Barbossa also has lost the Pearl, I'm gathering to Blackbeard from what the trailer implies, and has become a privateer for the King of England. Too many things have happened since the last movie.

That is true, but we know that it isnt just one. It could take someone over a year to find something, lol. We'll find out in the new movie though.

Keep in mind also, Disney admitted that they combined all the notorious pirates together in these movies and not many of them sailed during the same time. So, dont put it past Disney to stretch the truth to have one of the most notorious pirates and his ship in this movie.

If I'm right at reading between the lines from the trailer, Blackbeard took the Pearl from Barbossa, maybe even causing Barbossa to lose his leg in the battle, and then BB then transformed the Pearl into the QAR. And of course if you read up on the real history of BB, the QAR was once a slave trading ship.

Will and Elizabeth aren't in the movie because the actors didn't want to continue the story of Will and Elizabeth. And they wanted to go do other projects. They probably would be in the movie if they wanted to be in it..

That is true, but we know that it isnt just one. It could take someone over a year to find something, lol. We'll find out in the new movie though.

Keep in mind also, Disney admitted that they combined all the notorious pirates together in these movies and not many of them sailed during the same time. So, dont put it past Disney to stretch the truth to have one of the most notorious pirates and his ship in this movie.

If I'm right at reading between the lines from the trailer, Blackbeard took the Pearl from Barbossa, maybe even causing Barbossa to lose his leg in the battle, and then BB then transformed the Pearl into the QAR. And of course if you read up on the real history of BB, the QAR was once a slave trading ship.

I know what actually happened to the Pearl but it will freak you out!!

Well, dont tell.... I wanna see it all for myself! Counting down the days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and BTW, I posted in the thread about the Sword of Trion Compelling Pirates to Flag Ships about the QAR and the history of it. I went with the poem and figured that they were adding the QAR to the game. Looked up the info on wiki about the ship and posted the links I found in that thread.

The new movie On Stranger Tides does not take place between Curse of the Black Pearl and Dead Mans Chest. If you remember, at the end of At Worlds End, we see Jack sailing off in a dinghy with the map. He is looking specifically at the area on the map that shows the Fountain of Youth. Also at the end of the movie, you can see Elizabeth waiting for Will to return with their son. So, On Stranger Tides should be at the least, 10 years after At Worlds End.

The Online game UNOFFICIALLY takes place between the first and second movies, but this doesn't prevent QAR from being there around that time. And On Stranger Tides doesn't happen 10 years after AWE, but somewhere within the 10 years after OST.

You realize that you're trying to specifically date a fantasy game/story, right? Very difficult to do lol

Edward Teach (Blackbeard) sailed from about 1717-1718 as a pirate, or at least owned the Queen Anne's Revenge at that point. He was killed by a Royal Navy officer named Robert Maynard at the end of 1718. Using this as a timeline, we can assume the plot of On Stranger Tides occurs sometime in late 1717 or early 1718, which would have been at the peak of Blackbeard's infamy.

If you take a few years (arbitrarily) from that date, you figure that the original Pirates trilogy happened during the early 1700's or late 1600's. Port Royal actually got destroyed in 1707 by an earthquake, if the Port Royal in the movies is the one in Jamaica. It was really only active in the late 1600's, so there might be a clue there. Henry Morgan, one of the (supposed) writers of the Pirata Codex had sailed from Port Royal in the early 1680's.

End result from some historical knowledge, I'd say the original trilogy happened around 1690-1700, and then the On Stranger Tides movies happened somewhere between 1717 and 1718. KEEP IN MIND that this is a fantasy tale, which gives Disney some creative liberty with the actual dates. This means they can move historical events around a little, which means that this analysis could be solid, or not so much.

In the movie Blackbeard's death was actually a conspiracy and that is why he is alive during this time. Also the writers say OST will take place in 1750, when Blackbeard is 70 years old! The other three movies were in the 1740s.
Before 1692, Port Royal was a pirate heathen so that wouldn't make sense for the movies to be taken place in 1690-1700. But your right Disney has taken certain liberites such as Tortuga, which was actual rid of pirates by 1720s(?) to make the story easier to follow.

My only concern is that it will screw up the canon. If Blackbeard is doing something to interfer with the movies, it will upset a lot of people (mostly the die-hard fans, just look at pirates.wikia.org). That why I'm concerned.

The skill on the Triton Sword has been changed from vengeance to: screenshot below
Boss is still set at a 48 today for the highest notor.
Loot is still unchanged.

Triton Sword Skills Set.jpg

Attachments

• screenshot_2011-05-12_13-38-29.jpg
    screenshot_2011-05-12_13-38-29.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 63
  • screenshot_2011-05-12_13-39-31.jpg
    screenshot_2011-05-12_13-39-31.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 52
  • screenshot_2011-05-12_14-15-09 - Copy.jpg
    screenshot_2011-05-12_14-15-09 - Copy.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 49
  • New weapons.jpg
    New weapons.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Grats Keira!.jpg
    Grats Keira!.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 54
Wow! So you beat Laschafe? Congrats!:woot:

Thanks you.
Yes, I have beat him many times. It has become quite easy to solo him now that they lowered his level from a high of 71 to a now-high of 48. I like to take people out to get the charm and loot though. Tis fun...for now.

(check out the screenshots in the video and screen section as there a quite a few pics there)

Back