Quest Help/Guide Forum

Kate Goldwalker

Fairy Tail Girl
I have no idea if anyone has suggested this yet or not. If it has been suggested already, I'm sorry. I did a search in the forums and didnt find what I was looking for regarding a Forum for Quest Help.

I'd like to suggest that we have a separate forum topic area that is strictly for Quest Help/Quest Guides. We would be able to post a basic walkthrough for each quest, along with screen shots where necesary.

Tonight a guildie, male pirate, asked me where to find all the clothes for the Skeleton Poker quest. Considering I have only female pirates that have done this quest, I am not familiar with the male pirate clothes, and I'm pretty sure they dont go to Semstress Anne's to get anything. I went looking here in the forums for answers and found nothing.

Also, considering that I am also an old player (not real age, just been playing for a long time) and I have many high lv pirates, I tend to be of little help to the newer pirates in game.

If we had a walk through for all quests available here, it would be easier to help others. . . especially for us who have become forgetful, lol.

Again, if this has been posted before, please feel free to merge this or remove it all together.

Thanks,
Kate Goldwalker

That sound like a great idea :) I'm sure many players would find that useful. :]

Btw- I believe that the male and female clothes are in the same shops. Either way, you still have to search all of those tailors for the items. I think, for example, the male and female shirt needed would be in the same tailor- although I'm not positive. :D

Here is the answer for the clothing quest for Skeleton Poker purpose:
https://piratesforums.co/threads/ravens-cove-quest-spoilers.611/

I'm not completely opposed to the idea of having a Quest Walk-Through, however, please consider these:

1. A quest guide/help is essentially a "spoiler". If it's completed with screenshots and step by step destinations where to go to get what, then yes, it will help pirates who have not completed the quest, but it will also 'ruin' some of the excitement of going through a quest itself. It will lessen the frustration of going through some of the quests, but on the other hand, it will take away the element of surprise. Compare it with a movie spoiler; if we already know what goes on in a movie and how it ends, what's the value of the 'journey' of going through the quest itself? Except on a movie, we have a choice of 'not watching it' after we know the entire story line, whereas on the main quests of Potco, we do not have a choice of 'not doing the quest'.

I remember doing the Raven's Cove quest and at the end where we had to use a dowsing rod to find locations of the treasures, I was so frustrated that I had to spend so much time on it. I did ask for some cheat sheet from a friend for the last one out of 4, and it was really helpful. What I'm trying to say is, a spoiler does help for people who are stuck at the end of a quest, who otherwise don't have any way of continuing the quest unless some key answers are revealed.

2. It tends to make ppl 'lazier' to try to figure out the quest him/herself, unless they are completely stuck. But on the other hand, the quest guide will make ppl not to be bothered by questions from newer players about where to find what anymore. All they have to do is pointing out to the site where the quest guide is.

3. There is already another forum that supposedly provides this kind of information. http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/

With that being said, I will follow the majority of the members here, whether they would like to see (and contribute to) a new forum section for Quest Guide/Walk-Through or not.

We will be adding a quest forum when we expand our forum categories later this summer.
However, guides and walkthroughs can definitely be found on the wiki - why reinvent the wheel?

As far as spoilers go, people don't have to look and the information is already available, so I'm not sure it would tempt people further.

Here is the answer for the clothing quest for Skeleton Poker purpose:
https://piratesforums.co/threads/ravens-cove-quest-spoilers.611/

I'm not completely opposed to the idea of having a Quest Walk-Through, however, please consider these:

1. A quest guide/help is essentially a "spoiler". If it's completed with screenshots and step by step destinations where to go to get what, then yes, it will help pirates who have not completed the quest, but it will also 'ruin' some of the excitement of going through a quest itself. It will lessen the frustration of going through some of the quests, but on the other hand, it will take away the element of surprise. Compare it with a movie spoiler; if we already know what goes on in a movie and how it ends, what's the value of the 'journey' of going through the quest itself? Except on a movie, we have a choice of 'not watching it' after we know the entire story line, whereas on the main quests of Potco, we do not have a choice of 'not doing the quest'.

I remember doing the Raven's Cove quest and at the end where we had to use a dowsing rod to find locations of the treasures, I was so frustrated that I had to spend so much time on it. I did ask for some cheat sheet from a friend for the last one out of 4, and it was really helpful. What I'm trying to say is, a spoiler does help for people who are stuck at the end of a quest, who otherwise don't have any way of continuing the quest unless some key answers are revealed.

2. It tends to make ppl 'lazier' to try to figure out the quest him/herself, unless they are completely stuck. But on the other hand, the quest guide will make ppl not to be bothered by questions from newer players about where to find what anymore. All they have to do is pointing out to the site where the quest guide is.

3. There is already another forum that supposedly provides this kind of information. http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/

With that being said, I will follow the majority of the members here, whether they would like to see (and contribute to) a new forum section for Quest Guide/Walk-Through or not.
the idea of a new section itsself is great!! we need an expansion...since the walkthroughs already available in the wiki...Copy/pasting the "MAIN" quests is rather easy........as for the dowsing rod lol i know by hearte ALL those places by cheatin them :) then helping all my friends who needed that kind of info

I agree with Darkrage. It's already on the wiki so I don't believe it has any use here. If you want to keep it fine but I'm going to keep looking on the wiki.

Back