Question Question About Autoclicking?

While I won't divulge all of our internal processes regarding identifying what we look for during an instance of autoclicking, I will say that it is very obvious to passersby that someone is autoclicking. Repeatedly attacking when no enemies are present, not collecting loot, not chatting - it's clear the person is not there.

I see that the clause in our Terms of Service permitting us to terminate someone's access to the game at any time, for any reason, was mentioned. We have almost never had to do this in the history of TLOPO - and autoclicking certainly wouldn't be a scenario where this clause would be exercised. Bans for typical behavioral infractions as well as autoclicking are always communicated to the user... so there's no worry about this.

We do have anti-cheat measures in place to prevent the usage of autoclicking programs running concurrently with TLOPO's executable. It's perfectly reasonable for us to do so, and especially considering larger MMOs employ similar tactics.

TL;DR: Don't cheat and you won't get banned. Abide by the Terms of Service.

Why PLAY a game If you can't play it accordingly and why would you , You only cheat yourself respect ! I'd Quit before using any method other then my Own skills to complete it ! I've Mastered 4 Pirates to date on TLOPO and plan on doing more ! So many want to rush through to get to the end or master a weapon ! Seems pointless if you Need to rely on methods other then your own will power ! And why do I master pirates on so many ! Why do I do the same quests repeatedly ? If ya don't know where or when the bugs appear ya can't help to resolve them !!!

WoW botters get banned the same exact way, there's no proof, but someone watches the player for while to decide if it's a bot/autoclicker and if it's obvious it isnt a real player, they get tempbanned. Honestly, it's the fairest system possible it is what it is.

WoW botters get banned the same exact way, there's no proof, but someone watches the player for while to decide if it's a bot/autoclicker and if it's obvious it isnt a real player, they get tempbanned. Honestly, it's the fairest system possible it is what it is.
I think it's more than fair. Maybe I'll pay attention more in game for that stuff. I've seen pirates aimlessly running into walls and stuff so far.
I'm now experimenting with my food hand mixer and my mouse to try to autoclick while I'm asleep. I have to tape the mouse on a board just right and anchor the mixer so the blades will auto click for me as I hibernate. I might be able to get this to work while on cannon on a public ship.
Now if only they'd get rid of that annoying little kids auto moving ship cannon thing, no one will be the wiser.

There's no reason to play a game if you aren't going to actually put any effort into it. It's not nearly as rewarding and it doesn't feel nearly as good when you cheat or break the rules in a game.

Here's a non-against the rules example of that.

I play a lot of Legend of Zelda games, and sometimes I use a guide to help me complete things. If I really try to complete difficult puzzles and manage to solve them on my own though, it's a lot more satisfying.

There's no reason to play a game if you aren't going to actually put any effort into it. It's not nearly as rewarding and it doesn't feel nearly as good when you cheat or break the rules in a game.

Here's a non-against the rules example of that.

I play a lot of Legend of Zelda games, and sometimes I use a guide to help me complete things. If I really try to complete difficult puzzles and manage to solve them on my own though, it's a lot more satisfying.
This guy doesn't really care about being satisfied, he just wants his weapons mastered so he can pvp if there was a button to press so that his weapons are mastered he'd do that.

It's like Wiki ..... It's there but I'd prefer to find the answer myself .... Even thoug almost everything that was In Potco I documented on maps , spreadsheets and what not . I made that of my own accord whilst playing years and years and years of Potco , even sent copies to several others of mapped areas , where to find what foe , ship or dig spot . Foe and ship levels , quests not Including Pearl ( That's Insanely long ) lol

Well, sorry to burst a lot of folks bubbles on what they think is fair in mmo's and this game, BUT, using alts isn't exactly kosher either.
It's a form of exploit, no matter what you call it. I was on a public ship and 2 toons were standing still. They didn't go afk, but they didn't move at all either. They were the alts of the ship owner who was leveling those alts while sailing his ship. This is NOT a game function or design, but designers allow it within reason as most people don't force it on others. Alts on ships is exactly like afk'r, whereas the toon is doing nothing, contributing nothing, while earning rep and loot as well. Obviously, there's a whole other fraction of multi accounts who have done most leveling at the expense of one or two of their mains. And other peoples ships. But this isn't the afk thread so I won't go there.

But alts is very much like auto clicking by doing something beyond what a single person could normally do to level.
Just like autoclicking, alts playing has no defense for doing this conduct. No excuses to use alts or autoclicking in regular fair game playing.

Well, sorry to burst a lot of folks bubbles on what they think is fair in mmo's and this game, BUT, using alts isn't exactly kosher either.
It's a form of exploit, no matter what you call it. I was on a public ship and 2 toons were standing still. They didn't go afk, but they didn't move at all either. They were the alts of the ship owner who was leveling those alts while sailing his ship. This is NOT a game function or design, but designers allow it within reason as most people don't force it on others. Alts on ships is exactly like afk'r, whereas the toon is doing nothing, contributing nothing, while earning rep and loot as well. Obviously, there's a whole other fraction of multi accounts who have done most leveling at the expense of one or two of their mains. And other peoples ships. But this isn't the afk thread so I won't go there.

But alts is very much like auto clicking by doing something beyond what a single person could normally do to level.
Just like autoclicking, alts playing has no defense for doing this conduct. No excuses to use alts or autoclicking in regular fair game playing.
Running alts should not get you banned. You are not using a THIRD PARTY program when you do that. How can you think having multiple accounts is cheating? Does it say in the TOS that only one account is permitted per person? I have played many games and have yet to encounter a game where not contributing is considered an exploit.

Running alts should not get you banned. You are not using a THIRD PARTY program when you do that. How can you think having multiple accounts is cheating? Does it say in the TOS that only one account is permitted per person? I have played many games and have yet to encounter a game where not contributing is considered an exploit.
If this was a paid sub game, would you be paying for every account, like Blizzard and other mmo's want you to? Bliz does not condone multi accounts nor supports them, but they can never win the war against alts and multi's so their answer is to state things like as long as you pay for a separate account AND use a separate keyboard and mouse to play your alts, they basically won't do anything. Other online games are the same way. With 5 alts at once, like I've seen on tlopo numerous times, are you seriously going to tell me people have 5 keyboards stacked on their desk? No? Well, I guess they're using 3rd party scripts and programs to control multi toons from one keyboard aye? I know of this stuff as I was a mod on other game forums.-

Smells like exploits and cheats to me. tlopo looks the other way because it's beta. But people get banned here for autoclicking and scripts in the tlopo file spaces. ALL online games conduct searches of your game folder, if not constantly. The devs here know whats going on and apparently put up with a lot of transgressions.

Why anyone uses multi accounts and autoclickers on a free beta game makes no sense to me. That isn't beta testing from where I come from.

There really isn't a defense for multi accounts, scripts or any other way to game the game. But it happens all the time.

If this was a paid sub game, would you be paying for every account, like Blizzard and other mmo's want you to? Bliz does not condone multi accounts nor supports them, but they can never win the war against alts and multi's so their answer is to state things like as long as you pay for a separate account AND use a separate keyboard and mouse to play your alts, they basically won't do anything. Other online games are the same way. With 5 alts at once, like I've seen on tlopo numerous times, are you seriously going to tell me people have 5 keyboards stacked on their desk? No? Well, I guess they're using 3rd party scripts and programs to control multi toons from one keyboard aye? I know of this stuff as I was a mod on other game forums.-

Smells like exploits and cheats to me. tlopo looks the other way because it's beta. But people get banned here for autoclicking and scripts in the tlopo file spaces. ALL online games conduct searches of your game folder, if not constantly. The devs here know whats going on and apparently put up with a lot of transgressions.

Why anyone uses multi accounts and autoclickers on a free beta game makes no sense to me. That isn't beta testing from where I come from.

There really isn't a defense for multi accounts, scripts or any other way to game the game. But it happens all the time.

Where do you get your information?.. I have 9 Wow accounts on my main battle.net account. Blizzard allows multiboxing. And no on wow you do not have to have different equipment to do that. As long as the software you use requires you to be at your computer it is allowed( broadcasts the same keystrokes across wow clients). We are not talking about people that bot(automation is strictly prohibited). Anyways, that type of multiboxing is not allowed on this game. Third party software is prohibited. You are assuming those that "multibox" on this game are using software and the answer is no! Multiple windows of TLPO and alt tab. Switching between windows and moving each toon individually is such a "hax"!!! .TLOPO doesn't look the other way because it is not an exploit. To see it as such is silly.

Where do you get your information?.. I have 9 Wow accounts on my main battle.net account. Blizzard allows multiboxing. And no on wow you do not have to have different equipment to do that. As long as the software you use requires you to be at your computer it is allowed( broadcasts the same keystrokes across wow clients). We are not talking about people that bot(automation is strictly prohibited). Anyways, that type of multiboxing is not allowed on this game. Third party software is prohibited. You are assuming those that "multibox" on this game are using software and the answer is no! Multiple windows of TLPO and alt tab. Switching between windows and moving each toon individually is such a "hax"!!! .TLOPO doesn't look the other way because it is not an exploit. To see it as such is silly.

What? "And no on wow you do not have to have different equipment to do that. As long as the software you use requires you to be at your computer it is allowed" I'm sorry that's nonsense I've heard for years coming from people like you who multibox. No, blizz has said as long as you are at one KEYBOARD per account, running multiple paid accounts won't be banned. As well as you know where bliz sits on the issue. Blizzard does NOT condone multiboxing. They state it on their websites and bylaws. And I'm not going to go searching for that which I know is there. You and multiboxers ARE using 3rd party programs (hacks) which blizzard does not recognize as valid. Bliz fights new exploits daily. That's why bliz tries to make it costly to do so. You are paying approx 140.00 a month for wow accounts? Really? Why in the world for? Just because blizzard doesn't come right out and state multiboxing is illegal doesn't mean they're okay with it. Bliz is not.

I can't argue with an empty defense of a technique that games the system or game design. I have only one pirate and if I made more, I'd still play one at a time. You put your alts on ships, in gold rooms and other areas to level them up in less time and effort. You, like many drag their alts into a gold room, set up a crew with them and leave them scattered around the room sleeping or scratching their heads gaining rep while you work one toon and occasionally move another alt or something.

How is this technique anything positive to anyone else but the multi account main? How is running extra toons in any fashion in a game not designed to do so a legal thing. Because the game designers don't come right out and say things are outlaws, multiboxers and other types say it must be okay then.

I've kept in the 'people like you' as you admitted multi accounts in wow as well as tlopo another time, and I feel we've had this conversation before concerning this issue. We will never have a common ground on this, and what you do with all your alts and stuff doesn't concern me too much on tlopo except for the dead zombie afk'ing that is also part of the tribe. And I have nothing against you personally for doing any of this, but trying to justify or rationalize gaining advantages in mmo using techniques that are not a natural design of the game is spacious at best.

Gl with your personal army in wow. Bet you can do whole raids by yourself and bots. Do you know those 2 guys lately that have over 50 accounts in wow running at once? Unfortunately, this is a problem in PVP and raids and instances that are user created.

I'm not into the game as much I used to be so just one. You seriously need to get your information straight. Having multiple accounts does not equate to multiboxing nor does mulitboxing to botting. And, yes they do allow multiple accounts ever since they introduced battle.net and Real ID.

Game Design.. Seriously, if they it wasn't part of the game design then they would ensure that the client checks to make sure no other TLPO client is running before it launches. And, also and IP check whenever you create an account. You lost all credibility when you rant about how afk toons in Tormenta tick you off. If I remember correctly in this game a character has to hit an enemy in order to get rep? And the rep you receive depends on the hits and amount of time it takes to kill( More hits on the target more rep). So please explain to me how an afk toon is getting rep when they are not hitting anything? All they do is contribute to crew bonus which is something anyone can get by grouping up.

Current Wow Raid content can't be solo'd. It would be pretty darn impossible to multibox current raids because of mechanics. As for pvp yea the burst can be annoying. But like blizzard has said a person with 50 toons can still be crowd controlled. It's not impossible to kill.

It really just comes down to controlling how people play. They have have a different play style than you and that does not mean they are doing something prohibited. It's not 2007 anymore lol.

I'm not into the game as much I used to be so just one. You seriously need to get your information straight. Having multiple accounts does not equate to multiboxing nor does mulitboxing to botting. And, yes they do allow multiple accounts ever since they introduced battle.net and Real ID.

Game Design.. Seriously, if they it wasn't part of the game design then they would ensure that the client checks to make sure no other TLPO client is running before it launches. And, also and IP check whenever you create an account. You lost all credibility when you rant about how afk toons in Tormenta tick you off. If I remember correctly in this game a character has to hit an enemy in order to get rep? And the rep you receive depends on the hits and amount of time it takes to kill( More hits on the target more rep). So please explain to me how an afk toon is getting rep when they are not hitting anything? All they do is contribute to crew bonus which is something anyone can get by grouping up.

Current Wow Raid content can't be solo'd. It would be pretty darn impossible to multibox current raids because of mechanics. As for pvp yea the burst can be annoying. But like blizzard has said a person with 50 toons can still be crowd controlled. It's not impossible to kill.

It really just comes down to controlling how people play. They have have a different play style than you and that does not mean they are doing something prohibited. It's not 2007 anymore lol.
"So please explain to me how an afk toon is getting rep when they are not hitting anything? All they do is contribute to crew bonus which is something anyone can get by grouping up."
You gain rep while in a crew automatically correct? Crew bonus includes rep, correct? It's all about simple rep building.
I believe in tlopo one gets rep for crew and rep if hitting something as well.

Having multiple accounts does not equate to multiboxing nor does mulitboxing to botting.
Then what exactly would you call it? Arguing semantics doesn't change what the method really is.

And, yes they do allow multiple accounts ever since they introduced battle.net and Real ID.
Correct, and that's what I wrote as well. What's not included in that comment is that I said bliz has stated they do not condone nor officially support multi accounts nor 3rd party software that operates multi's. Bliz deals with it in different ways.

Seriously, if they it wasn't part of the game design then they would ensure that the client checks to make sure no other TLPO client is running before it launches. And, also and IP check whenever you create an account.
Of course the server checks for accounts running, and apparently tlopo allows this. tlopo doesn't see it as a problem, and neither do I as long as the alts aren't populating random public ships without permission.

You lost all credibility when you rant about how afk toons in Tormenta tick you off.
I didn't say anything about getting upset in Tormenta. It doesn't bother me that toons are standing around scratching. In that situation, alts and afk aren't impacting my play at all. The only time they do is when the body is stuck in a choke point or strategic spot that sets off your grenades when you try to throw them. Otherwise I couldn't care less ON LAND.

If I remember correctly in this game a character has to hit an enemy in order to get rep? And the rep you receive depends on the hits and amount of time it takes to kill( More hits on the target more rep)
I don't even know if that's true since I read most info here and the wiki is written by players for the most part and not Dev's themselves.
There is a thread or two that is all about codes and tlopo game theory and I intend to read that some day.
Also, if in a crew and earning rep for just being in a crew, if this is true, then you're indirectly earning rep by hits from the group?

Current Wow Raid content can't be solo'd. It would be pretty darn impossible to multibox current raids because of mechanics.
That is your opinion, and searches of websites dedicated to raid boss mods and raid 3rd party raid managers would prove your contention false. mmo game raids are solo'd all the time. Because one says it's near impossible doesn't mean it's not done. And it's done consistently in all online mmo games.

But like blizzard has said a person with 50 toons can still be crowd controlled. It's not impossible to kill.
But why should people who play by the rules of the game have to?

It really just comes down to controlling how people play. They have have a different play style than you and that does not mean they are doing something prohibited.
Playing style? That's not a playing style, multi account is gaining a single player advantage not within most gaming guidelines. Again, multi account people always seem to fall back on the argument that "if the game doesn't say multi account is implicitly prohibited then it must be okay to multi account". This reasoning is flawed. An analogy is parking in front of a hydrant even though no signs to prohibit parking there aren't present. Everyone knows not to park in front of hydrants because it could impact everyone if it is needed.

Last edited:

Hate to burst your tiny lil bubble but when I play 2 at a time , I play 2 at a time , they're not there for looks ! If I Sail , One is on cannon and one at the helm !! I see a lot more game Issues playing 2 rather then one at a time . You think playing 2 Is a Exploit ? Get real !! If they make multiple pirates just for the XP ... maybe ! But I don't Run the game but I try my best to help where the help Is needed !! I maybe a little slower In my days unlike Potco I could play 3 - 4 pirates at the same time ! 2 Is my limit for mobility and if i live long enough to care then so be it !

Back