Question about upcoming features? Pic says it all

SquilliamFancyson

Swashbuckler
InvMeme.jpg

Hey there,

We understand that players are running out of space, especially with more clothes coming out. We want to create the ability to have a third inventory page but it requires us to figure out some logistics with it. Adding a third inventory page sounds simple but there's a lot that goes into it.

Well players have been asking for a 4th ship slot for a while now and as stephen already mentioned it's not easy to create pages. Thanks for the laugh though.

I’ve only developed for single player games and don’t have much experience with online games. I would say it’s not that difficult, but considering they’re non profit I can understand these things will take time.
Plus, this is just a joke, not meant to be taken seriously.

I’ve only developed for single player games and don’t have much experience with online games. I would say it’s not that difficult, but considering they’re non profit I can understand these things will take time.
Plus, this is just a joke, not meant to be taken seriously.

As someone who's done development work on single player (both pc and mobile) and large-scale multiplayer games, I can attest that there is a lot more that goes into things, such as inventories, than you'd expect.

It's nothing to do with being non-profit in this instance, and everything to do with MMOs being incredibly complex. If you want an example from a different game to show off a little complexity, Everquest 2's inventory system contained a 10,000+ line method that handled inventory objects. And yes, you read that correctly, 10,000 line method.

This is a casual mmo aimed at people with little time to play. Which is why the endgame content consists of killing the same mob over and over again hoping you get a good weapon; instead of running raids and dungeons for gear. Everquest though is much more complex than this and yes, it would have significantly more code. While this is an mmo. It cant be compared to wow, EQ, or final fantasy 14. Also- potco had only one inventory page, and tlopo has 2. They already have the lines of code to add more pages down. I still believe it’s not that tough. But like i said, just poking fun at the devs lol, not throwing shade.

Really? That’s awesome. Do you guys develop with scrum techniques? At first i was kinda disappointed you guys pushed new content like shallow depths before polishing the main game, but now it makes sense because the minor bugs eventually got fixed.

Really? That’s awesome. Do you guys develop with scrum techniques? At first i was kinda disappointed you guys pushed new content like shallow depths before polishing the main game, but now it makes sense because the minor bugs eventually got fixed.

I don't personally do scrums, and honestly I don't have a ton of experience with that workflow. I take it you're a fan of them?

It's worth keeping in mind that new content and bug-fixing don't have to be mutually exclusive, you can do both at the same time without negatively impacting one another.

By the way, inventory jokes aside, I hope you're at least enjoying the 4th ship slot. Had a chance to make use of it yet?

Last edited:
Hey there,

We understand that players are running out of space, especially with more clothes coming out. We want to create the ability to have a third inventory page but it requires us to figure out some logistics with it. Adding a third inventory page sounds simple but there's a lot that goes into it.
As long as you can confirmed it IS under development we don't mind waiting for it.

As long as you can confirmed it IS under development we don't mind waiting for it.
I’ll be honest, it’s not being developed *at this moment* but it’s definitely something that’ll have to be looked into going forward. It’s going to be very hard for us to consistently add weapons/clothing without giving players the ability to hold more items. Whether that takes shape in the form of another inventory page or “bank”, who knows. We understand players want it but, at the moment, there are some other pressing issues that the developers are attending to (Pypperoni, bugfixes etc).

Last edited:
It’s not that im a -fan- of it, it’s just that i’ve had better outcomes in projects when a team used it. But it’s not a silver bullet, so it cant always be used lol.

That’s true, which is why i understood it afterwards :)

And yes! I bought a war galleon lol. Ill probably make it into a copperhead 🤔

It’s not that im a -fan- of it, it’s just that i’ve had better outcomes in projects when a team used it. But it’s not a silver bullet, so it cant always be used lol.

That’s true, which is why i understood it afterwards :)

And yes! I bought a war galleon lol. Ill probably make it into a copperhead 🤔

Ahh, gotcha. Yea, I can see why it'd be pretty useful in the right circumstances. Really glad to hear you're enjoying the 4th ship slot, hope you have fun with the copperhead ;)

Back