{Question} Ship Spawn Rate?

Jawn

Honorable Pirate
Okay, general question on this because it's a little frustrating now and again.

Are some ships like the Navy Centurion rare? I'd have thought they were frequent for quests but I guess not. Since I'm still learning about some stuff. :p

I've found that Navy Centurions are somewhat uncommon, other than that it's just a matter of looking in the right place.

I've found that Navy Centurions are somewhat uncommon, other than that it's just a matter of looking in the right place.

I had been sailing for quite some time, and only found one several minutes later near Isla Tormenta. (Note: It wasn't there previously.)

I had been sailing for quite some time, and only found one several minutes later near Isla Tormenta. (Note: It wasn't there previously.)
Yea when someone sinks a ship it then spawns somewhere else, it is usually nearby but sometimes it can be quite far away. It is probable that someone sank a Centurion and then it spawned back at Tormenta.

Yea when someone sinks a ship it then spawns somewhere else, it is usually nearby but sometimes it can be quite far away. It is probable that someone sank a Centurion and then it spawned back at Tormenta.

Quite a pain to have waited for that to happen, I'm pretty sure my total time looking was 45 minutes.

most ships in the game have a set radius around where they spawn that they stay in unless chasing a player down..

also generally speaking ships of similar class are found near one another, there is sort of different areas for the 3.. though this is not defined by any hard barriers of course and varies throughout the sea

also i believe the ships have different level tiers within their class, ie the kingfisher and predator, corsair and barracuda

in short, the sea is more organized than it may appear at first glance

I think the ship spawn points are a bit wrong. I used to sail quite a bit and have a decent memory of where certain ships were. There used to be a lot of centurions and other medium class ships behind and around Isla Perdida. Also, Juggernauts, Behemoths, and Death Omens are far too common in this game. Back then finding them was quite some trouble compared to now. I'm sure they'll fix this at some point when the bigger issues are fixed :)

Back