Quit Screwing Up the Copperhead

Status
Not open for further replies.
The phrase "kills the game" is being thrown around like candy in a San Francisco candy shop, so let me take a second to address your post in full.

Firstly, the changes to copperhead (beside the slight buff to turn rate) to all intensive purposes were done to mimic the functionality of POTCO's Copperhead.

How the ship had been before was NOT how it functioned in POTCO, and the team has put hours of data collection regarding the ship's functionality in POTCO to make an accurate assessment of how to tweak it.

Secondarily, not everyone will be satisfied with accepting that the previous Copperhead was blatantly overpowered and desperately needed tweaking. As proven by a number of more mathematically inclined folk than myself in the community, Copperhead is as (if not marginally more) consistent with broadside damage to the likes of Stormchaser, arguably the best upgrade in the game. So damage doesn't seem to be a problem, and from personal testing, the ship performs fine at what it's meant for.

Second to lastly, as a game that is in beta, being run by a volunteer team, not everything will be perfect all the time. Bugs will last extraordinarily long amounts of time compared to massive development teams, and the previous version of Copperhead was considered a bug. It was not balanced nor consistent with POTCO, which are the two goals that were achieved with this recent tweak.

Finally, let's get this straight. There are millions of tweaks, fixes, and additions the crew can and may add to The Legend of Pirates Online in the future to create a path toward creating a more purposeful MMORPG, and I can promise you this:

Regardless of if the sky is falling, or some major thing is being added, I can promise that the addition of a single feature has never, won't, and will continue not to be the sole driving force in killing a game like this.

Fair Seas,
Misha

What is an 'intensive purpose'? If this is an indication of the higher standards of the devs for this steaming pile of pirate poo, I fully understand why the game is the mess that it is.

You are being defensive of people that you see as victims but that we see as legends in their own minds. For all the effort put into keeping POTCO running in some iteration, they may as well throw a match on the whole entire thing and start over leaving out any reference to the original POTCO because they have already moved so far away from the original game that it is a farce.

That's true, I did buy a regular sloop for this purpose and it feels kind of like a meme tbh. Though what I really want to see is upgrades for light class ships. Imagine Storm Chaser light sloop! lol

You are right. But WHY is such an otherwise useless ship now the most powerful ship in the game? And a regular sloop copperhead IS a meme. It defeats the entire purpose of having a copperhead.

What is an 'intensive purpose'?
A very common eggcorn of the phrase "intents and purposes." Though I imagine you, like most people, already knew that and this was merely rhetoric intended to discredit someone making an otherwise discernible point.

If this is an indication of the higher standards of the devs for this steaming pile of pirate poo, I fully understand why the game is the mess that it is.
If this level of scrutiny is an indication of your own standards (from a team of volunteers working in their spare time, no less), then you're really just setting yourself up for disappointment. I certainly would not be looking to appease anyone who would just as quickly pass such harsh judgement on me.

You are being defensive of people that you see as victims but that we see as legends in their own minds. For all the effort put into keeping POTCO running in some iteration, they may as well throw a match on the whole entire thing and start over leaving out any reference to the original POTCO because they have already moved so far away from the original game that it is a farce.
I don't think the developers really think of themselves as legends or saints or anything, but there is certainly some level of benevolence required to invest the time, energy, and money they have at no cost to the community over the years which must be kept in mind when levying these sorts of accusations. It's not the same as levying them at a big faceless corporation who is taking your money month after month. The developers are not employees who are ultimately disconnected and detached from the products of their labor. They are people who are heavily personally invested in the game and this community. You can disagree with them or offer constructive criticism but, please, be kind.

I'm locking this topic temporarily. Hopefully when it re-opens we can leave the ad hominem out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back