Ravens Cove only available after Black Pearl Quest

DojoKanojoCho

Sea Legs
Is the Ravens Cove quest only available after you finish the Black Pearl Quest? I am past level 30 which is supposedly when you unlock Ravens Cove.

If I remember correctly, they said in one of the Dev Streams that you would have to complete BP to unlock the RC quest. Not 100% sure, though. I'm lvl 50 now, but only about halfway done with BP still, and I haven't unlocked it, either.

If I remember correctly, they said in one of the Dev Streams that you would have to complete BP to unlock the RC quest. Not 100% sure, though. I'm lvl 50 now, but only about halfway done with BP still, and I haven't unlocked it, either.

Thanks. The BP quest is ridiculously long and tiresome isnt it?

Thanks. The BP quest is ridiculously long and tiresome isnt it?
It depends, really. If you work on the quest while your pirate levels up, it shouldn't be all that bad. In my case, I had several bugs that stopped me at various points of the questline, so I just decided to level my pirate while they were being fixed. I'm just playing catch-up now :) It's not all that bad if you spread it out over time instead of cramming it all in at once.

It depends, really. If you work on the quest while your pirate levels up, it shouldn't be all that bad. In my case, I had several bugs that stopped me at various points of the questline, so I just decided to level my pirate while they were being fixed. I'm just playing catch-up now :) It's not all that bad if you spread it out over time instead of cramming it all in at once.
You're probably right, i just think that theres not much to it. Just "go here, kill 20 of these" sort of thing.

Last I heard, the RC quest line is not implemented. It may still need further testing.

So even if you were to complete the BP quest, you would not be able to start to RC quest line.
I've heard that the final boss battle for the BP Quest is also not implemented, is that true? If true is that also an impediment to getting the RC Quest?

I've heard that the final boss battle for the BP Quest is also not implemented, is that true? If true is that also an impediment to getting the RC Quest?
I have seen screenshots where people have completed every part of the BP quest except for the boss battle, and they said they were unable to do the boss battle, which leads me to believe that it is not implemented as of yet, likely do to bugs and glitches with it.

I think it's not so much bugged as entirely unsupported at this stage. The Black Pearl mission takes place in a unique instanced location supporting both naval and on-board combat, and book-ended by in engine cutscenes. About the only thing that's definitely in game from that so far is the ship of the line.

-From what I recall from one of the streams, you will need to do the Black Pearl before you open up the Raven's Cove quest and this trend will be true for the other story quests they have planned in the future. (RC before Quest X, and Quest X before Quest Y)

-I also remember them agreeing the BP Quest can be long and repetitive and they plan to redo/cut sections out so its more interesting. As far as the RC Quest is concerned they at the time didn't feel a need to redo it so it will stay the same.

--Obviously they haven't actually implemented this or all of the BP and RC Quests yet because beta and bugs, but that is the ultimate plan they stated assuming my memory of the streams are correct.

-Also, does anyone remember the "Check hand for Curse" emote? Well that was supposed to be a continuation of the RC Quest back in POTCO, but obviously they didn't get around to doing it, so I believe they said they (TLOPO) would work off of that for a later story quest.

Last edited:
-From what I recall from one of the streams, you will need to do the Black Pearl before you open up the Raven's Cove quest and this trend will be true for the other story quests they have planned in the future. (RC before Quest X, and Quest X before Quest Y)

-I also remember them agreeing the BP Quest can be long and repetitive and they plan to redo/cut sections out so its more interesting. As far as the RC Quest is concerned they at the time didn't feel a need to redo it so it will stay the same.

--Obviously they haven't actually implemented this or all of the BP and RC Quests yet because beta and bugs, but that is the ultimate plan they stated assuming my memory of the streams are correct.

-Also, does anyone remember the "Check hand for Curse" emote? Well that was supposed to be a continuation of the RC Quest back in POTCO, but obviously they didn't get around to doing it, so I believe they said they (TLOPO) would work off of that for a later story quest.
The check hand for curse emote was in POTCO after you completed the quest, I just don't remember the command for it.

I've never heard that you would need to finish the BP Quest in order to get the Raven Cove nor was it ever in POTCO and as far as I am concern, I am pretty sure TLOPO won't change how it was in POTCO.

Clarification of my previous posts, all the points in red are from memories of previous streams they did especially the one right before the 3 month down time. Those were more than likely comments that happened to come up as they talked and weren't actually confirmed to being part of the roadmap, sorry for the confusion.

The check hand for curse emote was in POTCO after you completed the quest, I just don't remember the command for it.

Here is what the Wiki tells us:

" By entering the emote /hand, the pirate will find out if the curse has taken hold of them. "

:) Now that this has been brought up, I will keep an eye on it :) I wonder if the curse also affects BETA delights like disconnections and loss of loot, or the quality of items in the skull chests :)

Assuming it does, this is what people are supposed to do - according to same wiki :

"
When the Black Spot is seen, you need to:
  1. Wipe the evil off your chest
  2. Spin around 3 times
  3. Spit at your feet to ward off the evil "
So Good Luck and Take Care while looking forward to enjoy Raven's Cove! :)

I been trying to the black pearl quest but I don't see the option to click on it...I was wondering can you do the black pearl quest or not ...there is no more quest for me to do .not a lot people playing in the past week or ten days the reservation is not full like they use to be so pirates are every were but when I log I don't see any one to talk too even abassa is empty.

Back