Raven's Cove quest glitched

MadMitchell8

Dockworker
I am doing the Raven's Cove storyline and I am at the part where you need to defeat Kudgel, but he doesn't show up as an enemy for me. He is just a normal NPC that you can talk to. I can't progress any further in the quest.

I just defeated Kudgel on 2 of my pirates tonight on this quest ....... My guess is he didn't turn hostile after talking to Bellrog ?

After helping all the ghosts, I didn't get my magenta hat for the bonus from playing poker and winning 5000 gold for the Clubhearts. Also, Madam Zigana's staff offered for the bonus potion mixing was the basic cursed staff, valued at 2 gold and worthless, making the bonus aspect of her portion of the quest pointless.
For the Fishmeister, the sea globe was also a junk one valued at 10 gold and also pointless.
Notoriously, as in POTCO, these bonus items are/were coveted and worth going to the extra effort to complete the tasks required to obtain them. Instead, it seemd the bonus items were just as random and pointless as the loot pouches one avoids all day long in-game.
Also, when turning in the quest for each of the 5 ghosts, the dialog was abbreviated and broken and not completing what each ghost has to say when done helping them.

I also just noticed that when trying to lure the 5 Devious and 5 Mutineer ghosts to their respective idol that I had to kill 12 Mutineer ghosts and 9 Devious on the idol for it to finally count.
The other thing I noticed is it telling me to press shift to summon a ghost and once doing so, telling me I cannot summon a ghost right now, LOL!

After defeating Kudgel, Belrog tells me to go and explore El Patron's ship, but I couldn't get through the door! And finally, there were 2 El Patrons and no minions...

Last edited by a moderator:
I just did all of the bonus quests for Raven's Cove and didn't get any of the rewards for it. Don't really care about the ones for fishing or poker, but I had to spend a whole lot of time leveling potions up to 20, and I really wanted that Voodoo Staff.

Have someone go thru the door by Dr Bellrog that has finished fighting el patron and won. Tp to them

As for the summon ghost to watery grave. Tag the ghost you need. Slowly move toward the to monument thing by water. You will see a green circle. Kill ghost then

Last edited:
Summoning the Ghosts to the Watery grave? look around outside the watery grave area, the ghosts you need are nearby. Use your throwing knives to get the ghost attention, slowly back up, they will follow you, be patient. keep their attention by hitting them, do not kill them until your standing on the totem at the watery grave
Lure the GhostsYou will need four idols to open the gate. To find one of them, you must lure the ghosts to the watery grave marker and defeat them. Once 5 Mutineer Ghosts and 5 Devious Ghosts have been defeated at their watery grave, you get the idol.
Tip: You must be standing on the the outcropping of rock around the idol when you defeat the ghosts in order for them to count in your journal.

Back