Question Raven's Cove Story

Pluto-Z

Notorious Pirate
Alright so one of my friends told me that it had been confirmed that we had to complete the Black Pearl story quest in order to unlock the Raven's Cove story quest. Would anyone be able to shine some light on this or is it too early to share any details?
Thanks

I'm fairly certain that you do infact have to complete the Black Pearl quest before you can do Ravens cove, I've heard this many times from many people, so as far as I've been told, yes. :)

I'm fairly certain that you do infact have to complete the Black Pearl quest before you can do Ravens cove, I've heard this many times from many people, so as far as I've been told, yes. :)
Has a dev or mod said it is so? That's who we'd need to hear from to know for certain.

In the original game you didn't have to complete the Black Pearl Story quest, if they make it so you have to i'll be very upset, it's not fair that we would have to do that long tedious quest just to do the new one
I disagree with that lol, the Raven's cove, in my understanding, is a continuation, or what happens after the black pearl. I could be wrong though

I disagree with that lol, the Raven's cove, in my understanding, is a continuation, or what happens after the black pearl. I could be wrong though
Yes, you're incorrect in your assumption. There was no requirement to do the Raven's Cove quest, other than hitting level 30, which also corresponds to the staff quest.

I don't think the two quests have anything to do with each other, I believe the black pearl quest was longer and you probably had to fight the kraken or something but the raven's cove quest has nothing to do with the black pearl ship, I think the raven's cove quest has to do with jack sparrow wanting you to recover cursed blades before jolly roger something like that..

Has a dev or mod said it is so? That's who we'd need to hear from to know for certain.

TLOPO staff member said it. See quoted post below from @Johnny Telltale (Thread/Post here: https://piratesforums.co/threads/is...t-really-a-good-idea.18835/page-2#post-266128).

One thing you must all remember is, as Navi said, the Raven's Cove quest is Chapter 2 of the storyline according to the original game. It makes no sense to be able to just start that without even finishing the first chapter. This was how it should have been ideally done in the first place, so it's just a logical fix to the original. You guys will have plenty motivation to complete the quest with the promise of Cursed Weapons at the end of it, so don't fret too much! Motivation is a powerful factor here ;)

Don't shoot the messenger (Me) plz and ty ;)

TLOPO staff member said it. See quoted post below from @Johnny Telltale (Thread/Post here: https://piratesforums.co/threads/is...t-really-a-good-idea.18835/page-2#post-266128).

Don't shoot the messenger (Me) plz and ty ;)
LOL, of course I won't shoot you!
But can we communicate with this person and explain to them that they are incorrect, regardless of their personal sentiments as to when the Raven's Cove quest takes place. Specifically, the person in question seems to think some nonsense about Chapter 2 and that it makes no sense to do one without the other etc.
Obviously the person is mistaken and should bone up on the quests and story lines.
I never completed the Pearl quest in Potco, but I did the Cove quest 6 times.
The two are not related to each other at all, except that both are part of the game.
In fact, none of the quests are contingent on any other quest to complete.
Now, if a dev wants to flourish and make it so, then there's not much we pirates can do about it, noting of course that there will be plenty of pirates not doing either quest if they become attached to each other.
To quote Johnny Telltale, "It makes no sense".

LOL, of course I won't shoot you!
But can we communicate with this person and explain to them that they are incorrect, regardless of their personal sentiments as to when the Raven's Cove quest takes place. Specifically, the person in question seems to think some nonsense about Chapter 2 and that it makes no sense to do one without the other etc.
Obviously the person is mistaken and should bone up on the quests and story lines.
I never completed the Pearl quest in Potco, but I did the Cove quest 6 times.
The two are not related to each other at all, except that both are part of the game.
In fact, none of the quests are contingent on any other quest to complete.
Now, if a dev wants to flourish and make it so, then there's not much we pirates can do about it, noting of course that there will be plenty of pirates not doing either quest if they become attached to each other.
To quote Johnny Telltale, "It makes no sense".
Exactly. If Chapter 2 was even remotely related to Chapter 1, it would make sense to do 1 before 2. But they aren't. So it doesn't make sense to do so.

Yes, you're incorrect in your assumption. There was no requirement to do the Raven's Cove quest, other than hitting level 30, which also corresponds to the staff quest.
I didn't say that it was a requirement to do it, now did I? I said that I understood the raven's cove quest as something that happened after the black pearl quest, and therefor, you should have to complete the black pearl before doing raven's cove.

The developers will do what they wish to for Raven's cove. If that means that you have to complete the Black Pearl quest, then that's what will happen. It's been confirmed. It isn't "unfair" at all, considering everyone is capable of completing the Black Pearl quest. If you really want cursed blades, then you know what you have to do. At least be grateful we're getting the quest.

I would have to agree with this with a bias considering for some reason my Black Pearl quest is bugged and I cannot complete it:scary mary:

Back