Really Fast War Galleon

River

Wanted Pirate
I can't tell if it's the upgrades that are making my War Galleon go this fast or not. I don't remember being able to go 13 knots at normal speed. When I use Full Sail I go 19 knots. When I use Ramming Speed and Full Sail I max out at 29 knots. Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't remember being able to sail that fast with a War Galleon.
Screenshot (1).png

Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't fortune hunter up your speed a bit?

p.s Repair your ship, you don't even have a bounty!

the effects of full sail raising max sail speed and then ramming speed x2ing the max speed and instantly put you on it, stack on here.
so 29 is achievable yes for a short moment

You upgraded your ship with Speed so that would give somewhat of a boost. Also I do believe fortune hunter gives a boost to speed as well as @SwiftBlade stated. Full sail and Ramming speed depends on the amount of skill points you put on each of those.

I can't tell if it's the upgrades that are making my War Galleon go this fast or not. I don't remember being able to go 13 knots at normal speed. When I use Full Sail I go 19 knots. When I use Ramming Speed and Full Sail I max out at 29 knots. Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't remember being able to sail that fast with a War Galleon.
View attachment 110594

Ahoy, River!

There was a patch that happened in recent times that bumped up the speed of every vessel, making some absolutely bonkers speeds obtainable. It especially helps out War Galleons, as the behemoths used to just lumber around and now have more "Mmph!" to them. For a player like yourself who may not be very active out on the waters, it may have caught you by surprise the first time you took the helm, but I personally feel like it's much needed, even if it is only temporary.

Fair Winds!

You upgraded your ship with Speed so that would give somewhat of a boost. Also I do believe fortune hunter gives a boost to speed as well as @SwiftBlade stated. Full sail and Ramming speed depends on the amount of skill points you put on each of those.

To clarify, Fortune Hunter Does give a 10% speed boost, but it is a very marginal upgrade comparatively. However, putting points into both Full Sail! or Ramming Speed! does not increase the amount of speed the skill gives you, only the duration. See here:
https://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Ship_Customization

Ahoy, River!

There was a patch that happened in recent times that bumped up the speed of every vessel, making some absolutely bonkers speeds obtainable. It especially helps out War Galleons, as the behemoths used to just lumber around and now have more "Mmph!" to them. For a player like yourself who may not be very active out on the waters, it may have caught you by surprise the first time you took the helm, but I personally feel like it's much needed, even if it is only temporary.

Fair Winds!
If I would have to guess, I think the above ^ explanation is the likely culprit. *It would be interesting to know at what time frame @River actively noticed this happening to TLOPO (game play).

If my own memory serves me correct, even with a particular “upgrade” the affect to a Galleon’s speed was not so readily noticed during POTCO’s time. (As others had pointed out, increase to the ship’s speed via upgrade was not all that impressive). IF a Galleon is cruising along in a way that seems uncharacteristic...chances are it is a bug in TLOPO that needs fixed or, it is due to a decision made by TLOPO devs.

"
If I would have to guess, I think the above ^ explanation is the likely culprit. *It would be interesting to know at what time frame @River actively noticed this happening to TLOPO (game play).

If my own memory serves me correct, even with a particular “upgrade” the affect to a Galleon’s speed was not so readily noticed during POTCO’s time. (As others had pointed out, increase to the ship’s speed via upgrade was not all that impressive). IF a Galleon is cruising along in a way that seems uncharacteristic...chances are it is a bug in TLOPO that needs fixed or, it is due to a decision made by TLOPO devs.

While I cannot recall a particular point in time or key it to a certain update,to my knowledge is began occurring after an evening update in September, my guess would be on the update co-named "2018-9-9 tlopo-rc-v1.17.2". You are most definitely correct in that this is a bug, as it was not a feature of POTCO and was not readily occurring in TLOPO up until around that time. I do find it interesting in how it affects the different classes of ship, however as it would most likely be considered a bug in the game, I think it will be fixed in time.

"

While I cannot recall a particular point in time or key it to a certain update,to my knowledge is began occurring after an evening update in September, my guess would be on the update co-named "2018-9-9 tlopo-rc-v1.17.2". You are most definitely correct in that this is a bug, as it was not a feature of POTCO and was not readily occurring in TLOPO up until around that time. I do find it interesting in how it affects the different classes of ship, however as it would most likely be considered a bug in the game, I think it will be fixed in time.
From the notes for that release, the only related change that stands out is:
  • Fixed a bug where navigation tools would not apply a rank boost.
@River could you reply here with your sailing skills boosts and sea charm you have equipped, that cause this excessive speed?

Also could someone please tl;dr me what the EXPECTED (aka POTCO) behavior was with this combination of items, vs. what the ACTUAL (aka TLOPO) behavior currently is? Thanks!

From the notes for that release, the only related change that stands out is:
  • Fixed a bug where navigation tools would not apply a rank boost.
@River could you reply here with your sailing skills boosts and sea charm you have equipped, that cause this excessive speed?

Also could someone please tl;dr me what the EXPECTED (aka POTCO) behavior was with this combination of items, vs. what the ACTUAL (aka TLOPO) behavior currently is? Thanks!
I have the Wind Catcher skill set to 5. I also don't use any charms that have any Wind Catcher boosts.
Screenshot (2).png

Also unless devs did this on purpose, then there is absolutely a glitch happening. I sailed my Light Sloop and without Full Sail or Ramming Speed, it maxed out at 15 knots. It's usually 12 knots. Full Speed and Ramming Speed put ridiculous speed on.
Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (9).png

"

NNoooooo don't fix it!

Back