Question Recording Software

Roger_ Gunshot

Pirate Master
Does anybody know any good free recording software? OBS recently decided to hate me, and won't record right, and Bandicam will only record for 10 minutes per file, which means editing for me...

I'll sometimes use nvidia shadowplay which is called share now because I have a GTX 970. That and OBS are the only recording softwares I use. What happened to OBS?

I'm not entirely sure, I may have done something to it, or it may have just derped out completely on me...I'll need to mess with it a bit more...

I personally use OBS as well. Fraps used to be my go-to, but that's nowhere near free.

Can you elaborate on the issue OBS is giving you?

I think I managed to fix it, I had the Common FPS Value set at 60, which seemed to slow the frames in the video down alot...I switched it to 30, and it seemed t o fix that.

I think I managed to fix it, I had the Common FPS Value set at 60, which seemed to slow the frames in the video down alot...I switched it to 30, and it seemed t o fix that.
OBS recordings start stuttering if your computer is overloaded, lowering the bitrate, fps, resolution, and encoding settings can really help to cut down on the load it puts on your computer.

Once upon a time, OBS was also my go-to. But now, it tends to crash a lot and I have no idea why. I used XSplit later, but the quality isn't as good. NVIDIA GeForce I've heard great things about.

I'll try what you did with OBS ... maybe I can get it to work again! Thanks!

Back