Recover pitch and wire from barrels and crates, not work, Kingshead

I am 93% into the main quest. Gather Materials, Recover 16 buckets of pitch from barrels in Kingshead. Recover 16 spools of wire from crates in Kingshead.

I am unable to search/recover anything. It will not go into the search option.

https://i.gyazo.com/985a5a98b4be34816ee96243e7ffae59.png

I have been stuck on that quest for a few weeks now too!! But there's other outside quests you can get in the mean time :) :-3

The problem with the quest is this crate on Kingshead. It's causing the whole quest to run amok!!!

screenshot_2017-02-02_02-39-41.jpg

My BP story quest has been stuck at this point for a while, too. Cheer up mate, remember we are here to test and though I feel your frustration it's good to keep that in mind. Luckily there is plenty of other stuff to do in the meantime!

My BP story quest has been stuck at this point for a while, too. Cheer up mate, remember we are here to test and though I feel your frustration it's good to keep that in mind. Luckily there is plenty of other stuff to do in the meantime!

Same problem for me. I know it is being worked on, just wanted to chime in that I see it, too.

Well, the good news with the glitched quest is you can level up on weapons and try for great loot, sail, fish and grind potions!
Savor it!

I've been stuck on that same quest in Kingshead for about 9 weeks now!!
And it doesn't help to switch servers. It's just something that they have to fix.

I just encountered the Kingshead crate/barrel problem. However, its been weeks since I've tried to search crates on Port Royal for an independent quest for Darby the shipwright.

I was hoping with this update today, this problem would have been corrected.

Last edited:
I have just encountered this problem today, hmm not good, I tried everything, relogging, changing oceans. nothing works for this one. I had the one in Port Royal with the chickens ages ago, but a simple relog fixed that one for me.

I am also stuck on this one. Every crate/barrel says there is nothing interesting here. I tried switching servers and I tried exiting the game and logging back in. Has anyone been able to get past this? Any idea if it's something they're working to fix soon? Looks like the original post was about 2 weeks ago.

I'm guessing the devs have stuck this quest purposely to resolve some other issue further down and related to the quest, perhaps the final portion of the quest. That's beta...

Its been many weeks close to 2 months now since I have been also stuck in KingsHead barrels and crates.

Tried everything even logging back in and still doesn't work. :(

Its been many weeks close to 2 months now since I have been also stuck in KingsHead barrels and crates.

Tried everything even logging back in and still doesn't work. :(

Has there been any comment from developers on this topic? Do they know so many people are getting stuck here?

I gave up on this quest. My pirate turned 50, maxed on everything but fishing (lvl 17 or so), so I retired him.

Back