Recruiting Reds army

Ahoy! Pics I took recently:
TLOPO 1.png
TLOPO 2.png
TLOPO3.png

If guilds were to be rated on a scale of 1-10, I'd give Red's Army a 9/10. Here's why:

The community is an exceptional one. If you join this guild as a negative, sad, or just a non-active pirate, the contagious positivity will get to you in no time.

The leadership, specifically the GM, is incredible with few exceptions. The guild and discord is run like a (relatively, I'll get to that in a second) well-oiled the machine. If you are in this guild and are afraid of talking to most of the higher-ranking officers, you shouldn't be. In many guilds, you may find yourself afraid of talking to the higher ranks or you find yourself feeling like they just don't want to talk to you (even though they pretend they want to.) In this guild, most of the officers are open to 'hanging out' with even the newest and least-experienced members.

-SIDE NOTE if you are in this guild and aren't in the discord, you are really missing out! The admins work hard on it and it's run very well. It's also a good way to stay connected with the guild even when out of the game.

Now, I'd like to explain a few gripes I have with the guild. The main problem I had was with how some situations were handled.

My first example being how "warnings" are handled. If you happen to break a guild rule and the offense is not too egregious, the administrators will give you a warning. The dictionary definition of a warning is "a statement or event that indicates a possible or impending danger, problem, or other unpleasant situation." If you are given a warning, you are given a "WARNED" role in the discord that sets you apart from the usual "Members" group.

Now this doesn't seem too bad, but this tag sets you apart from the rest of the guild. If given the warned tag, you will likely find yourself alone in this roll. Every other guild member in the discord knows you did something bad. While they may not treat the warned pirate differently, it gives this pirate a tainted reputation displayed to all of the guild. I wish that this would be handled differently and kept between the warned pirate and the higher-ranked members.

My second gripe is how promotions are held within this guild. Red's Army takes it's promotions very seriously and have a system for promotions. In the discord, you inform an admin that you wish to apply for (in this instance) veteran. You get a role in the discord "Applying for V" and you will join this role with other applicants. (To summarize the promotion process it goes like this for most applicants: Ask --> write an application --> voice chat interview --> promotion/denial)

The first problem I see with promotions is how they were handed out. In my experience, I saw promotions handed out to people the admins had liked more. Also in my own experience, it seemed like some people were held to higher standards for promotions than others. A trait on one person would be unacceptable, while the same trait on another person would be perfectly alright.

The second problem with how the promotions are handled is the voice-chat interview (again in my own experience.) When I did my interview, the outcome was seemingly completely predetermined. The interview didn't even matter. I entered the interview and was greeted by a snarky admin who immediately took cracks at my application and his sentences were filled with "err's" and "umm's" and just a general snarkiness towards me from the get-go. No matter what I answered, I knew I was not going to get the promotion. The admins in the voice channel had made their decision before the interview had even started. This connects back to the "bias" issue. The admin slammed me for being a bit of a goof and that's one of the reasons I wasn't given the veteran position. While yes, this is true and understandable, there is an officer in the guild who frequently makes "your mom" jokes and explicit innuendos. That goes back to my point about different standards for different people.

Now I could go on, it's a complicated issue. End of the line conclusion is: this guild is incredible. I hope changes can be made to the system and how some decisions are made, but overall I was very happy with my time in Red's Army and it was a joy to log on every day to an amazing community and mostly an incredible administrative office (who do great work, besides a few flaws). If you manage to squeeze into Red's Army, you won't regret it.

Last edited:
what is your discord

If it's not listed on the first page, you have to go through our Google+ page.

as far as what's its for, it's to provide a way to communicate more effectively. On here there are filters, and rules, but on our discord, it's more lax. There's also voice channels as well.

I just wanted to say how truly helpful, nice and amazing this Guild is! Everyone is always ready to help each other and the chats are always funny! So happy to be a part of this Guild xo

I see you guys around all the time either when I'm at Port Royal or Tortuga, nice to see that you guys are respectful fellows.

Hi All,
I've been looking for an active, mature group & so happy I'm here. Special thanks to Danger for inviting my 4 girls in to Red's Army! Bug is my main, Raven, Blue Bayou & Rebel round it out. I played years ago with the original Pixie Pirates & Dueces Wild guilds. I'm an average player, like to help, positive, semi retired, play a lot during the week as hubbie works nights. I'm originally from Minnesota, now in Arizona. I've heard great things about you all & so far I can tell I'm happy to be home! Fair winds guildmates!!

Hi Everyone! First a big thank you to Danger for inviting me & my girls! I have 4 girls, Bug my main, Raven, Blue Bayou & Rebel. Pleased to be in an active, positive guild! I played years ago & still close to many of my old guildmates though they aren't playing now. I am an average player, happy to help, chat etc. I am semi retired, live in Arizona now, Minnesota originally. Will check out dischord some time, may need some help with that... my old guild used something way back when. Happy to have found a good home for my girls, makes playing so much more fun! See you around, I play mostly week days as hubbie works nights... Take care all!!

Hi, my pirate Sven Ironrat just joined today at the meet and greet. Nice to be in such an established guild! I played POTCO years ago and was a member of Duece's Wild. I stopped playing around the time the Jolly Roger invasions started. I think i just got bored as i had 3 maxed pirates. That said i'm having a blast playing again! Looking forward to getting to know all of my new guild mates. I'll be getting a headset so i can join Discord...my goal will be to keep things light and keep you all laughing. I usually am on for a couple hours after work and I'm on the West Coast. See you all in game!

Sven

Hi, my pirate Sven Ironrat just joined today at the meet and greet. Nice to be in such an established guild! I played POTCO years ago and was a member of Duece's Wild. I stopped playing around the time the Jolly Roger invasions started. I think i just got bored as i had 3 maxed pirates. That said i'm having a blast playing again! Looking forward to getting to know all of my new guild mates. I'll be getting a headset so i can join Discord...my goal will be to keep things light and keep you all laughing. I usually am on for a couple hours after work and I'm on the West Coast. See you all in game!

Sven
Glad to be in the same guild again Sven!!! You will be a great asset to Red's Army!!

Back