Announcement Regarding Alpha Closure/Beta Release Date

I have a question regarding beta. Will there be more servers except for one? And if so, will they be added in semi open or open beta? Just thought I'd ask :) :) :p :p :)

For those who think Beta is going take like 3 months to get prepared on the server side, I would just like to say it took TTR awhile, because I don't think there developers had beta prepared data wise like we do, and because of that someone said it's going to take longer than a month, I believe it will take a month at most to get beta started, than again that's just what I think personally.

It was some other link Redhorn, and I accidentally posted it on this thread somehow, and I only said that, because when i opened the page of a link it took awhile to load, and I thought it would redirect and key log, I had that happen to me once on facebook, so i watch out for that stuff.

Perhaps this has been asked before, but I would like a bit more clarification on what you mean by "pirates will be wiped." Does that mean that their levels will be brought down to level 1 again, or will they be deleted entirely?

Really? That stinks. What about all the clothes and other things that were released during the Alpha?

We will be able to get the same names, right?
They should all be available again at some point. Some things may not be as easy to reclaim as others, such as the legendary swords, but they will be available in some form. Peddler clothing will most likely be recycled.

You will be able to use the same name, if you wish. :)

They should all be available again at some point. Some things may not be as easy to reclaim as others, such as the legendary swords, but they will be available in some form. Peddler clothing will most likely be recycled.

You will be able to use the same name, if you wish. :)

Okay. As much as I'm heartbroken losing the swords, the name is the more important thing. Thank you!

Okay, so here is my take. I've been a developer and programmer in the past of multiple things, and yes, done some other things online as a younger me. Getting the game to be optimized for everyone to play is a big deal. The devs know and have had plenty of feedback on what needs to be fixed bugs, glitches, etc... and what people want. Keep in mind one thing: they are doing this of their own accord. They aren't getting paid for it. They are doing this to bring the old and new POTC fans a good experience. I would not support their efforts if I thought otherwise. I have one of my three sons who is very much into computer programming and game development. Some of the devs have taken time to write to me personally to tell me how to encourage him, and some of my TLOPO buddies have allowed him to play on the game with them. This is not Disney, and thank goodness! Disney would never talk to you personally about anything.
This game is about the true die-hard and true fans of the game. Everything is being worked on...and it sounds like they are hard at work to make us - non-paying, community people - happy. I'm going to miss if I can't play even in an open-beta phase for a few weeks. However, I will keep in touch with the rest of my comrades on here to see how things are going, and help in any way I can.
Just sayin' Keep the faith.

We all hope that it won't be that long. I can't wait for Beta either.

Think of the downtime this way - all the developers will be doing is getting Beta ready. Prior to now, they've had to split their attention between Alpha bugs, unreleased features, launcher updates, etc. Now they will be able to fully concentrate on just perfecting those features that they intend to add to Beta with little distraction since the game is down.

No time will be wasted - Beta will come as soon as it's ready. :)
Yay Cheysa! You keep those boys on their toes... I expect we will see Beta released in no more than 2 Days after Alpha!

Just joking...will be great if we can keep it to a few weeks rather than months, here's hoping we have fair winds and smooth seas! :D:ar:
:pirate ship:

Back